ImageImageImage

Krawczynski: Timberwolves in talks to trade #17 for Ricky Rubio, #25, and #28

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

mglviks1
Sophomore
And1: 12

Re: Krawczynski: Timberwolves in talks to trade #17 for Ricky Rubio, #25, and #28 

Post#41 » by mglviks1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:52 am

Kennard goes for #19

Hmm could've wouldve shouldve.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Re: Krawczynski: Timberwolves in talks to trade #17 for Ricky Rubio, #25, and #28 

Post#42 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 am

winforlose wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Ricky is a leader and makes everyone better

Glad to have him back. Now he has a chance to break The record for the franchise assist leader

He doesn’t make KAT better. He makes KAT get doubled and makes it that much harder to get to the rim. The only way this works out is if Ricky can force them to guard him. He couldn’t before and I seriously doubt he can this time.

You’re gonna go back to KATs rookie year 5 years ago and stick with your analysis??
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#43 » by PharmD » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:58 am

winforlose wrote:

Glad to have him back. Now he has a chance to break The record for the franchise assist leader

He doesn’t make KAT better. He makes KAT get doubled and makes it that much harder to get to the rim. The only way this works out is if Ricky can force them to guard him. He couldn’t before and I seriously doubt he can this time.

lol you don't know what you're talking about. Towns scored 25ppg as a 20/21 year old and led the league in points in the paint and postup points while playing with Ricky. Then he played with a point guard that couldn't throw an entry pass.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#44 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:25 am

PharmD wrote:
winforlose wrote:

lol you don't know what you're talking about. Towns scored 25ppg as a 20/21 year old and led the league in points in the paint and postup points while playing with Ricky. Then he played with a point guard that couldn't throw an entry pass.

This is correct. Ricky and towns were a beast together
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#45 » by TheDominator273 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:37 am

Ayy welcome back Ricky! Definitely a starter alongside DLo unless the plan is to not bring JMac back
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#46 » by PharmD » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:10 am

Baseline81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is such a happy day
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,982

Post#47 » by wolves_89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:28 am

I'm happy that one of the moves I most hated from the Thibs regime has been corrected. Trading Rubio to sign Teague was a truly awful downgrade. Now if we could just get Bjelica back as well...
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Krawczynski: Timberwolves in talks to trade #17 for Ricky Rubio, #25, and #28 

Post#48 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:31 am

I watched this highlight reel religiously 11 years ago. There’s a moment where he throws a one handed oop to Rudy Fernandez that was just sick.

I hope he keeps the wolf man look.

packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#49 » by packforfreedom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:33 am

Just woke up.

first I saw Edwards at #1 meh.

THEN THE TRADE: RICKYYYYY IS BAAAAACK!!!!11
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#50 » by theGreatRC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:34 am

Also, welcome back all the Ricky fans that went to the Utah and Phoenix boards lol
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#51 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:45 am

Welcome back Ricky.

His 19 assist game that broke the single game wolves record.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#52 » by theGreatRC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:52 am

PharmD wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is such a happy day

I was devastated when we traded him...I felt he and Jimmy would've been two peas in a pod. Competitive spirits that give it their all, we'll never know what could've been defensively with those two but at least we got our guy back!

I'm extremely confident in a Ricky/DLO back court...even if Ricky comes off the bench, it'll be a great second unit:

Ricky
Beasley (Hope we can bring him back even with the news he's in, we haven't seen the footage so I think it's blown out of proportion)
Layman
Juancho
Naz

I still think we need to get a starting PF somewhere, but who?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,816

Post#53 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 am

winforlose wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:Ricky statistically made the Suns better when he was on the court..

He was a positive on the court for us too, anyone denying that is in denial..

Glad we have him back. Made the draft better for me, I like a Ricky/DLO back court

Ricky was a great presence on the court, for our opponents. They backed off him and doubled KAT. They also collapsed the driving lanes so Wiggins was essentially neutralized. JFT sucked after the first year, but in the first year he was a major step up from Ricky. We finally got a solid shooting PG so of course we are going to move him to SG and get a floor general with a questionable shot. SMH, WTF, FML, I could go on.

People that believe this crap. KAT and Wiggins did much better with Rubio on the court than with anybody else. Rubio made all the players around him better.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#54 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:24 am

winforlose wrote:

KAT always did vastly better with Rubio than without. You have bought into the anti Rubio rhetoric hook, line and sinker without bothering to check the results. By the way. Rubio is no longer a shooter you can leave open. He shot above the league average from 3 last year.
SkyhookinUrMom
Junior
And1: 351

Post#55 » by SkyhookinUrMom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Some people can never be happy.
Timberwolves havent won ****** in 30 years and they likely wont for another 30.
You got back one of your best players in the last decade. He plays fun too and has likeable persona.

changes your faces, enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol:
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,386

Post#56 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:25 pm

My long and thoughtful reply just got nuked by the sight. So here is the TLDR version. I hope I am wrong. I hope Ricky is a far improved shooter, locker room leader, and perfect fit to replace MB. I also hope he doesn’t compromise the minutes of AE who should be starting this year. If I am wrong then great, but I fear I am right.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#57 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Who needs Ball. We just got the better version and all it cost us was the #17 pick and we got back 25 and 28 along with him. However, since Rubio is about 30 and might not fit the timeline we got Bolmaro the better shooting and defending 19 year old cohort of Ball.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,699

Post#58 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:03 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Who needs Ball. We just got the better version and all it cost us was the #17 pick and we got back 25 and 28 along with him. However, since Rubio is about 30 and might not fit the timeline we got Bolmaro the better shooting and defending 19 year old cohort of Ball.
Im hell of excited for McDaniels too, so all in all this looks good. Only problem is spending so much cap space on Rubio that we now are unlikely to find a starting forward/wing to trade for.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#59 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Who needs Ball. We just got the better version and all it cost us was the #17 pick and we got back 25 and 28 along with him. However, since Rubio is about 30 and might not fit the timeline we got Bolmaro the better shooting and defending 19 year old cohort of Ball.
Im hell of excited for McDaniels too, so all in all this looks good. Only problem is spending so much cap space on Rubio that we now are unlikely to find a starting forward/wing to trade for.

We must have faith in Juancho, Layman and Vanderbilt. Reid is a solid backup to KAT.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,699

Post#60 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:15 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

We must have faith in Juancho, Layman and Vanderbilt. Reid is a solid backup to KAT.

I have some faith in Juancho to be serviceable (ideally should be backup), but not really the rest you mentionned. Vanderbilt played 2 games with very few minutes from what I saw, dont even know him to have an opinion yet, sounds like a project and not someone they willing to bank on enough to forego a potential starting forward.

Reid is a backup 5 and not good enough yet, defenitely no reason to ignore a quality signing, he is the biggiest question mark for me, we need a better Kat alternative (I was thinking more 3/4 anyways for what we should use JJ money on). That leaves us Layman, decent piece, but going into this season I didnt expect him to stay even, figured they will move him on. Dime a dozen piece for SF/PF role. But as sad as it sounds, might be our most ready starting SF.

For the 3-4 spots, I really hope McDaniels blows us away, and that Vanderbilt turns out to be a gem that suprises us all.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves