ImageImageImage

2020 Draft Night Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Re: 2020 Draft Night Thread 

Post#841 » by Tomjas » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:52 am

I like our moves as the new players complement our existing ones plus we have some money to spend

Team probably won’t win it all but at least they will be fun to watch unlike last season’s **** show
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#842 » by Sixerscan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:57 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
HardenToSixers wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Oh look more Brand slander when the official line from the team was THE TRADES WERE GROUP DECISIONS!!!...but of course the Brand detractors would prefer to continue to spew the lie that he made all the decisions on his own...whilst praising a man who just traded for Westbrook's terrible contract and left his old team with no first round picks for years...smh.
are you trolling? Brand was the GM so obviously the blame falls on him. Morey has been one of the best GMs for the last decade even if you want to make the argument that Frittata didn't force that move on him so obviously we are confident in his abilities

Brand had ONE draft and ONE free agency where he had to work with his hands tied behind his back. But folks act like other gm's haven't made mistakes before smh. The Horford deal was bad but he GOT Butler for virtually nothing and he drafted Matisse and he got a first round pick for Fultz etc etc...so if you want to judge then be fair across the board. Also Morey left Houston in a mess and didn't even reach a single finals..even though i'm happy we've got him those are just the facts.

Ownership judged and paid record money to hire Elton a boss... get over it.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#843 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:21 am

Sixerscan wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
HardenToSixers wrote:are you trolling? Brand was the GM so obviously the blame falls on him. Morey has been one of the best GMs for the last decade even if you want to make the argument that Frittata didn't force that move on him so obviously we are confident in his abilities

Brand had ONE draft and ONE free agency where he had to work with his hands tied behind his back. But folks act like other gm's haven't made mistakes before smh. The Horford deal was bad but he GOT Butler for virtually nothing and he drafted Matisse and he got a first round pick for Fultz etc etc...so if you want to judge then be fair across the board. Also Morey left Houston in a mess and didn't even reach a single finals..even though i'm happy we've got him those are just the facts.

Ownership JUST GAVE EB A NEW CONTRACT!!...GET OVER IT :D
Young22
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#844 » by Young22 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 am

sixers hoops wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:Can you imagine the uncomfortableness in the war room as Morey explains to everyone that they need to give away picks to dump Horford and Josh, because they are horrible fits? Brand has to uncomfortably nod in agreement.

The theme of the night was fixing the mistakes of last year’s boneheaded GM..... who is still in the room as the GM. It’s like an 80s sitcom. Plot: Morey banged Harris’ wife, so his punishment is he has to fix the sixer... but here is the twist... with the guy who screwed the team up as his assistant. Can you imagine the hilarious hijinks that ensue as Morey and his ill-equipped partner try to fix the very team that Elton screwed up?

It’s like a sports version of Tommyboy. They might be onto something.

I don't know, it just seems absurd to think Elton gets an extension if he was truly the leading voice on everything that happened last year.

Elton was a disaster. Josh Harris is just an idiot who has no clue what he is doing, so he is keeping Elton around. He kept Colangelo’s guys there for a few years. He tried to keep Hinkie there in a reduced role. He is so confused and lucked out getting Morey.

I find it funny you guys have zero problem with using this language when bashing Elton. Where was this fire for Brett? Seriously guys don’t even try to hide their bias. Here’s hoping it’s just bias and not more sinister.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#845 » by LloydFree » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:52 am

Morey had a Masai Ujiri-like 2nd round. Those two dudes can play, specifically Paul Reed. No way he should have been available in the late 2nd round. Sounds crazy but IMO, he's better than 2-3 of the guys that were taken in the lottery.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#846 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:03 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

And Brand went out and signed Al Horford to a max contract! Sorry, but that was a massive screw up on his part! I don't dislike Brand, but I sure hope he's got that "one mistake" out of his way. Let's not let that **** happen again. I kind of look at it like a rookie QB throwing a pick six on his first throw. Like "ok, we still believe, don't do that again, make better reads on things."
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#847 » by Black Mage » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:01 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Ownership judged and paid record money to hire Elton a boss... get over it.

And Brand went out and signed Al Horford to a max contract! Sorry, but that was a massive screw up on his part! I don't dislike Brand, but I sure hope he's got that "one mistake" out of his way. Let's not let that **** happen again. I kind of look at it like a rookie QB throwing a pick six on his first throw. Like "ok, we still believe, don't do that again, make better reads on things."

Actually, it would be more like a rookie throwing over the middle and leading the team's all-time great wide receiver into getting decapitated by Ray Lewis and suffering a potentially career ending injury and then the team praying its doctors can save the receiver.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#848 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:05 pm

HardenToSixers wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I feel like we always make picks for other teams of guys I love. I would have liked Maledon and Bey over Joe.

what's your on the record picks for what you would've done as our GM tonight so we can put your immaculate draft record at risk again this year

Are you actually interested? Because I’ve made it no secret that I’ve bombed picks before. You can also see who I was calling for at the time of our picks in this very thread.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#849 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Young22 wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
I don't know, it just seems absurd to think Elton gets an extension if he was truly the leading voice on everything that happened last year.

Elton was a disaster. Josh Harris is just an idiot who has no clue what he is doing, so he is keeping Elton around. He kept Colangelo’s guys there for a few years. He tried to keep Hinkie there in a reduced role. He is so confused and lucked out getting Morey.

I find it funny you guys have zero problem with using this language when bashing Elton. Where was this fire for Brett? Seriously guys don’t even try to hide their bias. Here’s hoping it’s just bias and not more sinister.

This board famously was the staunch defenders of a Brett Brown.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#850 » by Kobblehead » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Are we keeping the Paul Reed selection?

That's not a normal pick at #58. Reed is a legitimate 6'9" 220+ pound defensive stalwart. He very easily could have went an entire round earlier.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#851 » by youngcrev » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Black Mage wrote:It just dawned on me, with our trade exceptions we could now be in play as a sign and trade option for Bogdanovic.

He's gonna get more than 10M
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#852 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Can we sign Myles Powell already? Just give me a crumb to be interested in during G-League play.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#853 » by Kolkmania » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Are we keeping the Paul Reed selection?

That's not a normal pick at #58. Reed is a legitimate 6'9" 220+ pound defensive stalwart. He very easily could have went an entire round earlier.

Morey mentioned him as a great fit with Ben. Perhaps they're thinking about some funky lineup with Reed being the C who can run the floor with Simmons in a switchable and heavy-gambling line-up.

Don't think he has the perimeter skills to survive any non-center minutes?
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#854 » by Black Mage » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Kolkmania wrote:

Morey mentioned him as a great fit with Ben. Perhaps they're thinking about some funky lineup with Reed being the C who can run the floor with Simmons in a switchable and heavy-gambling line-up.

He kinda reminds me of a raw version of Bam. We could only be so lucky if he was a poor man's version.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#855 » by Stanford » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Charlotte won the draft
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#856 » by Kobblehead » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm

Kolkmania wrote:

Defensively, absolutely. There's some evidence to suggest that he might even be able to outright guard the point of attack. He was pretty damn freaky at DePaul as a junior.

That said, he may be humbled in that role at the NBA level and fall back to just being a switch versatile big. But there's a chance he can outright guard ball handlers. There's some major defensive potential there.

I'm thinking Moe Harkless with better shooting touch. I really think Reed can be a hit selection.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#857 » by phillynative » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm

Black Mage wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:

He kinda reminds me of a raw version of Bam. We could only be so lucky if he was a poor man's version.

I see more richaun holmes. Hes not the passer , decision maker bam is. Plus bam is just more explosive although he doesnt lack.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#858 » by LloydFree » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:00 pm

[list=][/list]

I would have been fine with Reed at #21. Steal of the draft.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#859 » by Stanford » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm

LloydFree wrote:[list=][/list]

I would have been fine with Reed at #21. Steal of the draft.

Why do you think he nearly went undrafted?
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#860 » by TTP » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Kolkmania wrote:

Morey said he thinks Reed can play alongside Embiid as well.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers