ImageImage

#45 - Jordan Nwora (Forward, Louisville)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,768

Re: #45 - Jordan Nwora (Forward, Louisville) 

Post#101 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:04 pm

44% catch and shoot threes? Yes, please.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#102 » by M-C-G » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Bus or bust wrote:I like that we picked older guys (relative to the draft) with these picks. Makes me more hopeful they can crack the rotation and hone in and master their roles

What's interesting is that I have no seen comparisons to Duncan Robinson (type role) for Nwora and Bogdon for Merrill. I'm not sure how accurate those comps are but if there were two types of players I really wanted to add to this roster it was our own version of Duncan and Bogdan. So that is really promising.

Both guys seem to need work in the weight room, but both also seem to have relatively high floors if their shooting translates, which is perfectly fine given they are second rounders.
suctionprints
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#103 » by suctionprints » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:11 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:My comp for this pick is Duncan Robinson. Thank you.

I'd be curious how many people would compare him to DJ Wilson if he didn't have light skin and a sideshow bob haircut.

Yeah seems like Nwora was more of a first option than DJ, shot looks drastically better, has much worse vision than DJ did in college, etc etc etc.

They're about as similar as Donte Divincenzo and Brian Scalabrine tbh.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#104 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:13 pm

Doesn't seem like he moves quite as fluid as Duncan Robinson in terms of getting to his spots, but if that is what he becomes, he's a home run at 45.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,018

Post#105 » by German Athens » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:45 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Sorry, how did they end up with #45? I thought they were getting #42 in the Jrue deal.

Is this guy more like Chris Copeland or Steve Novak?

Lasry is a disaster. If it is his fault that they're leaking so much, I think Edens should sue to get the governorship back by citing damage to the franchise. Lest you think I'm overreacting, please remember Lasry's relationship with Kidd and all the crap that went down in that era. If they can get him on losing draft picks as a penalty for tampering, I think they should be able to put the brakes on his reign. I wonder if there's any contingency plan in their agreement for stuff like that.

Yeah, didn’t we not really leak last year with edens at the helm? We leaked a bunch early when the owners first got here, likely due to the Larry’s, then I think there were some stern words and we seemed pretty tight for one calendar year. Now the **** show has returned.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#106 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:51 pm

German Athens wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:Sorry, how did they end up with #45? I thought they were getting #42 in the Jrue deal.

Lasry is a disaster. If it is his fault that they're leaking so much, I think Edens should sue to get the governorship back by citing damage to the franchise. Lest you think I'm overreacting, please remember Lasry's relationship with Kidd and all the crap that went down in that era. If they can get him on losing draft picks as a penalty for tampering, I think they should be able to put the brakes on his reign. I wonder if there's any contingency plan in their agreement for stuff like that.

Yeah, didn’t we not really leak last year with edens at the helm? We leaked a bunch early when the owners first got here, likely due to the Larry’s, then I think there were some stern words and we seemed pretty tight for one calendar year. Now the **** show has returned.

The Bucks were remarkably airtight last year. We didn't have a clue what they would do. Mirotic, Hill, Brook, Brogdon, and Khris were all high-profile free agents, and the entire plan was revealed basically as soon as free agency started. They obviously had every last detail worked out, but we didn't know a single thing. Had no idea about Wes or RoLo either.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,018

Post#107 » by German Athens » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:02 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
German Athens wrote:

The Bucks were remarkably airtight last year. We didn't have a clue what they would do. Mirotic, Hill, Brook, Brogdon, and Khris were all high-profile free agents, and the entire plan was revealed basically as soon as free agency started. They obviously had every last detail worked out, but we didn't know a single thing. Had no idea about Wes or RoLo either.

Will governorship switch to Dinan in a couple years or back to edens? I really know nothing about Dinan as a bucks owner, and that actually makes me feel optimistic. Maybe he’s not obsessed with getting in headlines like the lasry’s.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#108 » by M-C-G » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 pm

German Athens wrote: Maybe he’s not obsessed with getting in headlines like the lasry’s.

Lasry loves the lifestyle, you can tell. From the private jet trips, to the 'celebrity all star game', this guy is all about himself with regards to the team. No doubts that him and Alex are leakiest mangement in the league.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#109 » by emunney » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:09 pm

I think Nwora's role, if he's up to it, will ultimately be as the "4" in Giannis at C lineups. He's got a big body and is a pretty good rebounder. He's good sliding around the perimeter and you could argue he's the most proven catch and shoot guy in the draft.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#110 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 pm

I find it hard to believe that Lasry would leak all the specifics of this deal just to "look cool".

This strikes me more as sour grapes from some other league exec that Sacramento reached out to in order to see if they could get a better offer.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#111 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm

emunney wrote:I think Nwora's role, if he's up to it, will ultimately be as the "4" in Giannis at C lineups. He's got a big body and is a pretty good rebounder. He's good sliding around the perimeter and you could argue he's the most proven catch and shoot guy in the draft.

Ersan replacement or poor man's Mirotic? Either would be a huge steal.

I'll need to be convinced before I give him anything more than a Chris Copeland though.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
emunney
RealGM

Post#112 » by emunney » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:22 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
emunney wrote:I think Nwora's role, if he's up to it, will ultimately be as the "4" in Giannis at C lineups. He's got a big body and is a pretty good rebounder. He's good sliding around the perimeter and you could argue he's the most proven catch and shoot guy in the draft.

Ersan replacement or poor man's Mirotic? Either would be a huge steal.

I'll need to be convinced before I give him anything more than a Chris Copeland though.

Potentially, yeah. And I think it's fair to assume Copeland until proven otherwise. He had a much better college career than Copeland, but Copeland didn't break into the league until he was in his prime.
emunney
RealGM

Post#113 » by emunney » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:25 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I find it hard to believe that Lasry would leak all the specifics of this deal just to "look cool".

This strikes me more as sour grapes from some other league exec that Sacramento reached out to in order to see if they could get a better offer.

He tweeted out our draft room to look cool, and didn't realize the draft board was in the background.

ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,618

Post#114 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:27 pm

emunney wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:I find it hard to believe that Lasry would leak all the specifics of this deal just to "look cool".

He tweeted out our draft room to look cool, and didn't realize the draft board was in the background.

For F sake, was this the Bam Adabayo one?
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#115 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm

emunney wrote:

Yeah and he was rightly roasted for it.

This one seems more intentional. Like he's gonna just spill every detail about a four player trade to somebody in casual conversation?
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#116 » by BucksFanSD » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:51 pm

I like the pick for who was available. Nwora had late first grades at the end of the college season.

What I like...

- Good Production
- Led a top 15 team
- Very good %s from NBA three
- Likeable guy
- His style of play fits in with our core
- Can take NBA minutes now
- Nigerian background a la Giannis
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,817

Post#117 » by tydett » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:00 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
emunney wrote:

Yeah and he was rightly roasted for it.

This one seems more intentional. Like he's gonna just spill every detail about a four player trade to somebody in casual conversation?

But the timing of the leak was pretty suspect. The trade for Jrue had just been leaked, and with the notification of the compensation, the Bucks were pretty much getting killed in terms of perception of what they gave up. Bogdan looked like a much better deal (with all due respect to DDV, who is a **** killer), so it softened the blow a bit. We know that the Lasrys definitely care about the perception of the team, so this to me reeks "damage control leak".
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#118 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Best case scenario, he becomes Georges Niang.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,562

Post#119 » by Frank Nova » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:17 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Best case scenario, he becomes Georges Niang.

Last year at the deadline I would’ve easily swapped Ersan or DJ for Niang, so I’ll take it.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#120 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:05 pm

I do like that Nwora started on a legit Nigerian national team and held his own against grown Argentines and Russians before going down with an injury after two games. Know I watched that team in the summer of 2019 but I can’t say I remember anything about Nwora from those games.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks