Beasley (QO)

Towns
Spellman
Layman
McDaniels
Juancho (QO)
Vanderbilt (NG)
Reid (NG)

As you can see, too many guards (with quality) and not so much bigs/wings...
Who goes and who's coming back?
Expecting some trades to happen?
Who should be our FA targets now?
MLE - $9.2M
BAE - $3.6M
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Re: How to fix the 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:53 pm

I don't see a major problem. This has become a perimeter league, with teams often running out lineups with three or four perimeter players. It doesn't make sense to load up on slow-footed bigs.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#3 » by Foye » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:56 pm

Wiseman would've been a perfect fit...especially with Rubio.

Edwards not so much. Wolves got Culver and Okogie. Gotta put some faith in the youngsters to improve but unfortunately Rosas did not.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,517

Post#4 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:28 pm

Klomp wrote:I don't see a major problem. This has become a perimeter league, with teams often running out lineups with three or four perimeter players. It doesn't make sense to load up on slow-footed bigs.

I guess we might roll with Layman and Hernangomez at PF, but I think we could use an upgrade at PF/ backup C. If feels like we need a starting caliber PF at least.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#5 » by minimus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:30 pm

mercgold3 wrote:How to fix the "bigs" problems now? Too many guards now!

There was no simple solution before this draft and there is no simple solution after this draft. That is why there is no simple solution now.

1) If ORL declined two FRPs for Aaron Gordon, RoCo was traded for two FRPs. I assume that's the minimum price for starting PF right now
2) this draft does not offer a lot of quality PFs, but we still were able to draft maybe PF with the highest potential
3) without full offseason and full preseason, I don't see how any of these rookies PFs would help our team right now
4) we still have Juancho, JJ(???), Vanderbilt, Reid, Layman
5) we still have an opportunity to make a trade and use our MLE
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#6 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Sign Meyers Leonaed to back up Towns? He can shoot threes. Not sure he’s worth the mle though.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#7 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:36 pm

Are we fools to think Vanderbilt may play a bigger role than expected?
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#8 » by DaMplsKid » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:46 pm

I was just thinking this I would love to bring in Aron Baynes as the back 5. He is a great roll player that good teams need. He plays solid defense with toughness, set great picks and showed last year that he can stretch the floor.

I am also wondering who the starting wing will be( hopefully next to Beasley). Culver/Okogie/Layman? I want Rubio coming off teh bench or at least running the second unit. I don't care if he starts and comes out after the 4min mark. T then comeback in at the end of the first to start the 2nd. We should never be without Dlo or Rubio on the court.

Dlo/Rubio/McLaughlin (really want to bring him back as the 3rd PG)
Beasley/Edwards(either can start but think Beasley fit better with Dlo) then Edwards does right now)
?? This is the head scratcher. If Culver has develop a consistent 3 pt shot he would be ideal. Okogie has the energy that might fit with a Rubio/Edwards line up)
Hernangomez will be in the rotation but starter or backup? I would like Vanderbilt to get some mins if Gomez starts.
Towns/?? Reid was just OK
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: How to fix the "bigs" problems now? 

Post#9 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Derrick Favors with the MLE would be nice
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Maybe Jaden will surprise us? looking at
Most other teams messageboard everyone wanted him to fall to them late in the first or in the early second round (especially Toronto, Dallas and Charlotte fans)his massive potential is obvious. Then again those same fanbases think the wolves organization won’t bring out the best of Jaden’s potential:/.
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#11 » by NebWolvesFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 pm

I would love the Wolves to get WCS (Towns' good friend) or maybe Noel. They would both be good fits. The problem is that Minnesota is going to be around 130 million after resigning Beasley and HGomez. Minnesota is going to have to get a big via trade. I would probably be patient and roll with HGomez and Layman at PF to start the season. Hopefully, Beasley gets off to a fast start and has trade value at the deadline. Trade him for a solid forward and then give his minutes to Edwards, who hopefully we be ready for a big second-half (Like Reddish did last year).
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,259

Post#12 » by Baseline81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Dewey wrote:Are we fools to think Vanderbilt may play a bigger role than expected?

I think he'll be given the chance.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#13 » by Norseman79 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:32 pm

I have a feeling we will be seeing a sign and trade, or just a straight up trade Beasley, Culver, Okoge.. something has to give with Edwards being taken.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#14 » by MN7725 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:37 pm

limited options since every team wants big wings, combo forwards, PF who can shoot

FA
Marvin Williams or JaMychal Green, would guess it would take MLE (maybe not full) $$ to come to MN instead of a better team
Semi Ojeleye- BAE

trade
Kevin Know- played poorly so far, but was a project pick, maybe pressure of being out of NY would help
DJ Wilson- hasn't got much of an opportunity being on such a good team
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,259

Post#15 » by Baseline81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Norseman79 wrote:I have a feeling we will be seeing a sign and trade, or just a straight up trade Beasley, Culver, Okoge.. something has to give with Edwards being taken.

If the Wolves retain Beasley, Okogie (and possibly Culver) will need to defend the opposing SF when on the court.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#16 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Neeva wrote:Maybe Jaden will surprise us? looking at
Most other teams messageboard everyone wanted him to fall to them late in the first or in the early second round (especially Toronto, Dallas and Charlotte fans)his massive potential is obvious. Then again those same fanbases think the wolves organization won’t bring out the best of Jaden’s potential:/.

If a team can trade up to daft Poku at 17 without being laughed at, McDaniels was good enough for a 17.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 pm

I don’t want Rosas to sell low on Culver.
I know fans will hate it but if Flutz continues to suck and Cole Anthony is a disaster, Rubio and something for Gordon next summer or at the deadline?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#18 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 pm

mercgold3 wrote:Too many guards now!

Ricky
Russell
Edwards
Okogie
Culver
Evans
Nowell (NG)
Beasley (QO)

Towns
Spellman
Layman
McDaniels
Juancho (QO)
Vanderbilt (NG)
Reid (NG)

As you can see, too many guards (with quality) and not so much bigs/wings...
Who goes and who's coming back?
Expecting some trades to happen?
Who should be our FA targets now?
MLE - $9.2M
BAE - $3.6M

Culver and Okogie are our SFs. Evans and Nowell are not part of the plan. So we have Ricky, Russell, Edwards and possibly Beasley splitting up 96 minutes. J Mc seems like the odd man out though and that's a shame.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#19 » by minimus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:18 pm

My dark horse candidate to crack the rotation as 3rd string PF - Kelan Martin. 6’7″, with 7’1″ wingspan, at 235lbs. He might be our version of Jae Crowder, if he plays with more consistency and defensive awareness.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#20 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Klomp wrote:I don't see a major problem. This has become a perimeter league, with teams often running out lineups with three or four perimeter players. It doesn't make sense to load up on slow-footed bigs.

Of course we don't want slow footed bigs. What about fast footed bigs?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves