The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: 2020 Draft : Future Nugs 

Post#141 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:40 am

skywalker33 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Could easily see Hampton (and perhaps Nnaji) as our two-way players in the G-league

Very likely. Good prospects to develop. Jumping back into the draft to pick up Hampton sounds similar to moving into the draft to pick up Bol last year. That turned out pretty well.

If these guys pan out look what we have as our future bench

PF Bol Bol
C Zeke Nnaji
SG/PG PJ Dozier
PG/SG RJ Hampton

IF KBD or Cancar work out than we have the SF as well, and could have a very good bench in a year or two.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#142 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:58 am

It's cool to see Kenyon Martin Jr drafted, he is way undersized but athletic as all hell.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#143 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:01 am

Would still LOVE to see us pick up at least one of these potential UDFA Jay Scrubb, Grant Riller, Paul Reed, or Josh Hall
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#144 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:08 am

skywalker33 wrote:Would still LOVE to see us pick up at least one of these potential UDFA Jay Scrubb, Grant Riller, Paul Reed, or Josh Hall

Knew this was too early....JINXED it

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,512

Post#145 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:14 am

Read on Twitter

We did it again!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#146 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 am

Drafting an active, rim protecting PF/center makes a lot of sense. Hopefully we still have a veteran to allow him to develop.

Trading for an extra pick and then drafting a guard similar to Murray suggests there's a trade coming - just my opinion.

I'm happy so far but I'm waiting to see what happens next.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:17 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Drafting an active, rim protecting PF/center makes a lot of sense. Hopefully we still have a veteran to allow him to develop.

Trading for an extra pick and then drafting a guard similar to Murray suggests there's a trade coming - just my opinion.

I don't see Hampton as being similar to Murray at all, Hampton is more like Harris. Athletic slasher with a questionable jumpshot coming into the league, and high potential especially on the defensive end. Hampton is a better passer than Harris, but Hampton is really not a PG.

I think the more interesting thing is Barton removing his Nuggets stuff from social media, that would indicate that something is up.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:39 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Drafting an active, rim protecting PF/center makes a lot of sense. Hopefully we still have a veteran to allow him to develop.

I don't see Hampton as being similar to Murray at all, Hampton is more like Harris. Athletic slasher with a questionable jumpshot coming into the league, and high potential especially on the defensive end. Hampton is a better passer than Harris, but Hampton is really not a PG.

I think the more interesting thing is Barton removing his Nuggets stuff from social media, that would indicate that something is up.

Won't argue with you too much because when you describe Hampton, it sounds a lot like the way people describe Murray: "not really a PG", very athletic, decent passer. Then again, you are correct that he's more like Harris on the defensive end with a questionable jumpshot (not worried about the jumpshot, he can learn that, his form isn't terrible).

Yeah, Barton ... gotta wonder.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Won't argue with you too much because when you describe Hampton, it sounds a lot like the way people describe Murray: "not really a PG", very athletic, decent passer. Then again, you are correct that he's more like Harris on the defensive end with a questionable jumpshot (not worried about the jumpshot, he can learn that, his form isn't terrible).

Murray got the whole not really a PG because he played off the ball at Kentucky with Ulis, who was the 2nd best guard on their roster. If you watch Murray without Jokic on the court, or when Jokic is being doubled without the ball than you can see that Murray is a score 1st PG.

Hampton just is really not a PG, in fact I think calling him a combo guard is a stretch as well. If he can get his shot straightened out than he is a prototypical SG.

I think some of us saw this coming from Barton, with MPJ being the projected starter at SF, and needing Harris's defense at SG, than it makes sense that a guy who insists on starting would be on his way out. Maybe we have worked out a deal, that is what I am hoping and not that he is throwing a temper tantrum.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,771

Post#150 » by TunaFish » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:37 pm

The more I read and watch Nnaji's highlights the better I feel about the pick. He could be a very good 3rd big for this team for a long time. He may take a year or two to get there, but he have that kind of potential.
skywalker33

Post#152 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:03 pm

As noted by Roroword, here is our current roster as I see it, FA's marked {}, italicized = 2-way players:

PG Jamal Murray, Monte Morris, P.J. Dozier, Markus Howard
SG Gary Harris, RJ Hampton, {Torrey Craig}
SF Michael Porter Jr., Will Barton, Keita Bates-Diop, Vlatko Cancar
PF Jerami Grant, Bol Bol, {Paul Millsap,} {Noah Vonleh}, Tyler Cook
C Nikola Jokic, {Mason Plumlee},Zeke Nnaji

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:03 pm

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Read on Twitter

For those thinking these guys are changing free agency plans this year.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#155 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:56 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Spoiler:
NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I don't see Hampton as being similar to Murray at all, Hampton is more like Harris. Athletic slasher with a questionable jumpshot coming into the league, and high potential especially on the defensive end. Hampton is a better passer than Harris, but Hampton is really not a PG.

Murray got the whole not really a PG because he played off the ball at Kentucky with Ulis, who was the 2nd best guard on their roster. If you watch Murray without Jokic on the court, or when Jokic is being doubled without the ball than you can see that Murray is a score 1st PG.

Hampton just is really not a PG, in fact I think calling him a combo guard is a stretch as well. If he can get his shot straightened out than he is a prototypical SG.

I think some of us saw this coming from Barton, with MPJ being the projected starter at SF, and needing Harris's defense at SG, than it makes sense that a guy who insists on starting would be on his way out. Maybe we have worked out a deal, that is what I am hoping and not that he is throwing a temper tantrum.

I've said from the beginning, that Murray is a modern PG. Too many fans think a PG is a "pass first" and they forget that all of their favorite PGs today are score & pass: Curry, Lillard, Lowry, and the list goes on.

So I've watch some video of Hampton since this discussion started. Those videos are always just showing the best, but I understand why you think he isn't really a PG. But that's okay for Denver because we have plenty of PGs and several other guards/forwards that are somewhat decent ball-handlers but mostly it's because our best point is a center. :lol: I'm beginning to believe Hampton, once he starts playing in the rotation, will just keep Murray at PG more and I'm okay with that.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 390

Post#156 » by Manolito » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Nnaji clicked the fastest time for a 5 in the Lane Agility test 10.94 sec.

Looks like the defensive potential is there

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app

Return to Denver Nuggets