ImageImageImage

The Leandro Bolmaro thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Re: The Leandro Bolmaro thread 

Post#21 » by TwolvesFanRome » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm

"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#22 » by TheZachAttack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
It's not just that people haven't seen him, it what we gave up to get him. If ends up being a quality player, it will seem like nothing, but if he's not, we wasted another two picks.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I read that the Wolves would have had to give up their mid-level exception if they would have made all 4 draft picks (1, 25, 28, and 33). So it's really, 33, 25 for MLE + 23. Given that we know that Rosas wants to bring in players on D Lo/Towns timeline... I think that makes a lot of sense. Now we'll see if/how we actually use that, but it seems like they wanted that.

A portion of it, not all of it. Less than 2 million of it.

That makes me again confused. Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if he was going to get taken at 24? Maybe knowing the Wolves are without a 1st rounder next year he wanted a guy coming over next year as a psuedo "1st" lol
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,822

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:I'm not a fan of the trade because I liked other places at a position of need (PF) more but he has nice shooting form, good handles, very good distributor and a fiery competitiveness about him. He might never play a minute in the NBA but he's a very interesting prospect.

Would you have taken McDaniel there? We got him at 28. Would you have taken Perry? I think he lasted until at least the middle of the second round.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#24 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:01 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:I'm not a fan of the trade because I liked other places at a position of need (PF) more but he has nice shooting form, good handles, very good distributor and a fiery competitiveness about him. He might never play a minute in the NBA but he's a very interesting prospect.

Would you have taken McDaniel there? We got him at 28. Would you have taken Perry? I think he lasted until at least the middle of the second round.

I would've been fine with McDaniels at #23...he's shown a lot potential on the court. I know virtually nothing about Perry so it's hard for me to comment either way on him.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#25 » by Nick K » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:03 pm

Klomp wrote:I know there's a lot of frustration with this pick. A lot of head scratching. I truly believe it's because people haven't seen him.

I'm not even saying he'll be a certifiable stud in the NBA. I just think we need to give him a chance. Of all the front offices in the league to evaluate this prospect, I trust Gersson Rosas. I trust Gianluca Pascucci. I trust Pablo Prigioni to connect with him and coach him up in a way very few coaches in the league could. If they believe we needed to trade up for this kid, then I believe they needed to do so.

Here's a really good read on him (written from a Knicks perspective): https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2020/7/14/21313608/know-the-prospect-leandro-bolmaro

That's good enough for me. This pick was a head scratcher for me but they must see something. I'm bothered by his shooting but.....
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#26 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

I would've been fine with McDaniels at #23...he's shown a lot potential on the court. I know virtually nothing about Perry so it's hard for me to comment either way on him.

So we got Bolmaro and we got the Forward you wanted also. Why the gripe?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#27 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Neeva wrote:What made me upset was I thought he would be available at 25 or 28 and I hate to see Knickerboker fans gloat that they “fleeced” the wolves.

The only way it makes sense is if they picked him for themselves and then we traded for him. Why give up 33 to jump one team? Take a chance.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,384

Post#28 » by younggunsmn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:07 pm

His shot needs a lot of work, but otherwise the Tomas Satoransky comparison is spot on after watching some video.
Ginobli comparison is quite a stretch.

I would have taken Theo Maledon @ 25 and one of Oturu/Xavier Tillman/Reggie Perry @33.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#29 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:18 pm

I won't be putting any thought into this "rights" player until he jumps the pond and then also comes to play here and not ultimately for someone else.
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#30 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Would you have taken McDaniel there? We got him at 28. Would you have taken Perry? I think he lasted until at least the middle of the second round.

My only "gripe" was it cost us #33 which included team control but no guaranteed contract. However, as others have pointed out, this team wasn't adding four (4) Rookies to the roster.

1. SG Edwards
25. Oturu (C depth) or Bane (Outside shooting)
28. McDaniels
33. Bolmaro (Euro stash until 21/22)

That looks like a much better use of our draft pick value but revisionist history is always easier.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#31 » by Killboard » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:53 pm

younggunsmn wrote:His shot needs a lot of work, but otherwise the Tomas Satoransky comparison is spot on after watching some video.
Ginobli comparison is quite a stretch.

I would have taken Theo Maledon @ 25 and one of Oturu/Xavier Tillman/Reggie Perry @33.

He has less bounce than Satoransky but I think his team defense and at the point of attack is way better.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#32 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

My only "gripe" was it cost us #33 which included team control but no guaranteed contract. However, as others have pointed out, this team wasn't adding four (4) Rookies to the roster.

1. SG Edwards
28. McDaniels

That looks like a much better use of our draft pick value but revisionist history is always easier.

How are we getting Bolmaro at 33 when he was selected at 23?
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#33 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:So we got Bolmaro and we got the Forward you wanted also. Why the gripe?

1. SG Edwards
28. McDaniels

I'm trying to find a link that NYK actually drafted Bolmaro for MIN at #23 with the trade already agreed upon prior to the pick. If you find something to the contrary, please post that. I'm curious as to how this actually unfolded. I think it's unlikely that the NYK picked Bolmaro first and then got a call from Rosas asking the price to trade for him but it's not inconceivable. Personally, I still would've rather had Bane at #25 (shooting) and Reed (PF depth) at #33 over Bolmaro, though.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#34 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

1. SG Edwards
28. McDaniels

I'm trying to find a link that NYK actually drafted Bolmaro for MIN at #23 with the trade already agreed upon prior to the pick. If you find something to the contrary, please post that. I'm curious as to how this actually unfolded. I think it's unlikely that the NYK picked Bolmaro first and then got a call from Rosas asking the price to trade for him but it's not inconceivable. Personally, I still would've rather had Bane at #25 (shooting) and Reed (PF depth) at #33 over Bolmaro, though.

Even if the Knicks picked Bolmaro for the Wolves at 23 how can you assume he would have been available at 33? Are the Wolves that STUPID? Most if not all Mocks I have seen had him going in the first round. Maybe the Wolves knew the Nuggets were going to take him at 24. They took Hampton. They could have easily gone Bolmaro.
Check out this link to several mocks for this year. Every one of them had him going 26 or earlier.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-mock-drafts-2020-lamelo-ball-anthony-edwards/wtyw6h55w24s127eu2qjfoym0
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#35 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:29 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:How are we getting Bolmaro at 33 when he was selected at 23?

Even if the Knicks picked Bolmaro for the Wolves at 23 how can you assume he would have been available at 33? Are the Wolves that STUPID? Most if not all Mocks I have seen had him going in the first round. Maybe the Wolves knew the Nuggets were going to take him at 24. They took Hampton. They could have easily gone Bolmaro.
Check out this link to several mocks for this year. Every one of them had him going 26 or earlier.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-mock-drafts-2020-lamelo-ball-anthony-edwards/wtyw6h55w24s127eu2qjfoym0

Fair enough...but even if Bolmaro wasn't there at #33, I still would've preferred #25, #28 & #33 over the trade that was made. If the dude proves me an idiot when he comes across the pond, I'll have no problems eating that crow sandwich.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#36 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:35 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

Fair enough...but even if Bolmaro wasn't there at #33, I still would've preferred #25, #28 & #33 over the trade that was made. If the dude proves me an idiot when he comes across the pond, I'll have no problems eating that crow sandwich.

His playmaking and extreme aggressiveness are exciting. Consider that he's the same height that got people all excited about Lamelo.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#37 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:38 pm

The team did what we thought they might do even when they only had three picks, grab a stash player. Sounds like he plans to stay where he is for now.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#38 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Jedzz wrote:The team did what we thought they might do even when they only had three picks, grab a stash player. Sounds like he plans to stay where he is for now.

I'm OK with that either way. It will be one year or two tops.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#39 » by TheZachAttack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:09 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

1. SG Edwards
28. McDaniels

I'm skeptical that Bolmaro would fall to 33. He was 23-25 on most big boards.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#40 » by Norseman79 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:23 pm

So the kid is 6'7 or 6'8 seen both listed, 200+ lbs, sounds like does everything well but shoot right now, and the problem is what exactly? If he plays hard, with that skill set, isn't that pretty much an ideal SF for us if we keep shooters at other spots? I am not saying I love or hate the pick, I wanted Woodard II, but give him a chance.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves