ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Night Part Deux - Knicks with Picks 25 and 33

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Re: Draft Night Part Deux - Knicks with Picks 25 and 33 

Post#1241 » by Ray Williams » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:so taj & ellington stay it seems

And Bullock. But they still have time I believe.

it was already announced they picked up bullock's option

Good, I like Bullock. Just find a way to trade Randle. If he stays he’s on the bench, small ball 5.
Mr Rabbit
Head Coach
And1: 4,883

Post#1242 » by Mr Rabbit » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Wait...so they’re gonna pay Taj and Ellington a combined $17.5 million dollars. Why?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#1243 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:12 pm

god shammgod wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:so taj & ellington stay it seems

Yeah I know, I was implying that with what I said. There is still time is referring to Ellington and Taj (and not picking up their options). Bullock is the only guy who's option they should pick up to begin with (which gladly they did).
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1244 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:14 pm

Mr Rabbit wrote:Wait...so they’re gonna pay Taj and Ellington a combined $17.5 million dollars. Why?

They still have time no? They haven't announced they are picking up Taj and Ellington's options yet. And no, Taj and Beef Wellington aren't represented by CAA. Both those guys are represented by Priority Sports & Entertainment run by Mark Bartlestein.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,916

Post#1245 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Yeah I know, I was implying that with what I said. There is still time is referring to Ellington and Taj (and not picking up their options). Bullock is the only guy who's option they should pick up to begin with (which gladly they did).

they waived those 2 too. just announced.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,255

Post#1246 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Bullock should be good trade bait as a cheap, expiring 3D player. But could see them holding onto him for now to see how the season goes
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1247 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

they waived those 2 too. just announced.

Oh thank goodness. :lol:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1248 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:16 pm

And no Bullock isn't represented by CAA. Just in case anyone is curious.
Mr Rabbit
Head Coach
And1: 4,883

Post#1249 » by Mr Rabbit » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:18 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Mr Rabbit wrote:Wait...so they’re gonna pay Taj and Ellington a combined $17.5 million dollars. Why?

They still have time no? They haven't announced they are picking up Taj and Ellington's options yet. And no, Taj and Beef Wellington aren't represented by CAA. Both those guys are represented by Priority Sports & Entertainment run by Mark Bartlestein.

Turns out they declined both options. I was fed bad info by Shammgod. I demand he be banned
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,447

Post#1250 » by Strick » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Okay any cap experts know what we are looking like as far as money for FA after rookie signings and waiving these guys?

Trying to think off the top of my head who’s under contract (or will be): RJ, Obi, Mitch, Frank, Randle, Harper, DSJ, Iggy, Bullock, Powell, and I’m drawing blanks after that
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1251 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Mr Rabbit wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Turns out they declined both options. I was fed bad info by Shammgod. I demand he be banned

Or at least given a stern tongue lashing.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,266

Post#1252 » by Oscirus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:23 pm

You know your gm reign sucked when the only person the current boss kept was the one that was super cheap and the one on a multi year contract
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,539

Post#1253 » by cgmw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:26 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
omg. john wall. kentucky.

let's get boogie to back up mitch too.

I’m not kidding, Rozier might be the best option precisely because with his back against the wall (get it?) Leon might very well bring in John Wall. Never underestimate the desperation and delusion of a Dolan executive.

Wall looks pretty good, but that contract though...yikes!

Honestly all that probably matters is whether CAA negotiated that contract and whether Wall has enough positive PR to keep fans from flipping out on Dolan.

If we strike out on FVV and Russ, I’d be very concerned if Wall starts the year strong and looks healthy because it won’t take long for Dolan to sell the fan base on a John Wall led 8 seed.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1254 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Strick wrote:Okay any cap experts know what we are looking like as far as money for FA after rookie signings and waiving these guys?

Trying to think off the top of my head who’s under contract (or will be): RJ, Obi, Mitch, Frank, Randle, Harper, DSJ, Iggy, Bullock, Powell, and I’m drawing blanks after that

As of right now, with Gibson, Ellington, Portis and Payton all gone, the Knicks have 10 guys on guaranteed contracts that total about $57.6 million.

Randle ($18.9M), Barrett ($8.23M), Toppin ($4.86M), Frank ($6.18M), Smith Jr ($5.69M), Knox ($4.59M), Robinson ($1.66M), Brazdeikis ($1.52M), Bullock ($4.2M) and Quickly ($1.75M).

They also have Noah's $6.4M deadweight stretch (yeah, it's the signing that keeps on giving), Gibson $1M (buyout) and Payton's $1M (buyout) to add to it. For a total of about $66 million in salary tied up against the cap.

Positional breakdown (based on best position, but given that a lot of these guys can play multiple positions):

C - Robinson
PF - Randle, Toppin
SF - Barrett, Knox, Brazdeikis
SG - Bullock, Quickly
PG - Frank, Smith Jr.

Weakest spots would be (obviously) the Backcourt. This would give them plenty of room to trade for Conley or Westbrook (Randle would head to Houston in the deal) and sign someone like Joe Harris to play SG. I'm just stating the possible, not saying I'd want Westbrook lol. But with all these contracts being declined it would indicate that they could be getting ready to use that cap space to take on an existing contract from a team that doesn't want a lot of contracts back (see Houston for Westbrook or Utah for Conley).
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1255 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Strick wrote:Okay any cap experts know what we are looking like as far as money for FA after rookie signings and waiving these guys?

Here's a good chart

Read on Twitter
Mavs
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1256 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:48 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Here's a good chart

Read on Twitter

Couldn't you have just posted this before I went and did all the manual work in my post?
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1257 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:05 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Here's a good chart

Read on Twitter

Couldn't you have just posted this before I went and did all the manual work in my post?

Def easier to copy or reference someone else :lol:
Mavs
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,266

Post#1258 » by Oscirus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:06 pm

To explain last night, according to the post, the knicks wanted vernon carey but then punted the pick when he got picked one pick earlier https://nypost.com/2020/11/18/knicks-land-immanuel-quickley-in-2020-nba-draft-trade/

Not sure I believe that since the knicks were offering the pick as soon as they got it.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#1259 » by knickstape4ever » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:15 pm

I don't mind Obi or Quickley (or Powell) individually, but I dot think it's absolutely ridiculous how CAA/Kentucky driven this organization is

I think Obi will probably be 1 of the safest picks, best offensive players from the draft but I have 2 concerns 1) defense 2) fit w/ RJ and Mitch; imo a pure stretch-4 is what fits best next to those 2

I don't like how the 2nd pick played out. I probably would've just taken Hampton at 23.

I liked the move at 1st, but what was the point of trading up if they were gonna take Quickley, who I'm confident they could've gotten at 27, while still keeping 38? and why'd they trade #33

I see no issue w/ drafting 3 players (especially considering the position we're in), and there were good options still available. Celtics have avg'd 3.8 picks over the past 5 years
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,373

Post#1260 » by Zenzibar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Stop All Genocides

Return to New York Knicks