ImageImageImageImageImage

Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#21 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:15 pm

houston should be attaching assets to that contract. i'm all the way out.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#22 » by seren » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:16 pm

BrOnXKing1 wrote:This is the type of team Westbrook will excel in. Toppin and Robinson will be monsters with Westbrook. Would need to add a shooter but we can be pretty good with Westbrook

Type of team doesn't matter once you start to decline. Westbrook shot 25 percent from three last season. He went to the line only 4 times a game during the playoffs when he essentially had the ball most of the time. Dude is on the verge of reaching Knicks-era Steve Francis phase of his career.

Now if he comes back and puts together a solid 15-20 games with Houston, I would change my mind. Otherwise, we are bound to repeat Steve Francis, Antonio McDyess, Allan Houston level of mistake.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#23 » by robillionaire » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 pm

BugginOut wrote:I honestly wouldn't take Westbrook even if they Randle and gave us that Piston 1st round pick. Who on this team is going to shoot lol?

I guess Bullock and Quickley. And hope Toppin has the range. It would still be pretty rough in the shooting department. Unless RJ learns how to shoot.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,449

Post#24 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Pass unless they give us a boat load of picks. It would be a colossal mistake
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 879

Post#25 » by Appleshampoo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:21 pm

I am hesitant to trade for Westbrook. The Rockets looked better with Austin Rivers at the point. To play devils advocate, Russ suffered a right quad injury and missed the final two bubble seeding games. Maybe the playoffs influenced rushing back and we didn't see Russ at 100%.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#26 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:23 pm

seren wrote:
BrOnXKing1 wrote:This is the type of team Westbrook will excel in. Toppin and Robinson will be monsters with Westbrook. Would need to add a shooter but we can be pretty good with Westbrook

Type of team doesn't matter once you start to decline. Westbrook shot 25 percent from three last season. He went to the line only 4 times a game during the playoffs when he essentially had the ball most of the time. Dude is on the verge of reaching Knicks-era Steve Francis phase of his career.

Now if he comes back and puts together a solid 15-20 games with Houston, I would change my mind. Otherwise, we are bound to repeat Steve Francis, Antonio McDyess, Allan Houston level of mistake.

He was playing lights out pre COVID. I would think it was a recovery and crazy circumstance thing and more than an aging thing.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Pass unless they give us a boat load of picks. It would be a colossal mistake

If its Randle DSJ etc going back we possibly still have enough cap to sign Van Fleet or Harris form the Nets. Two very good shooters.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 676

Post#28 » by ForzaMetro » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Russ is a disaster in the mold of those we’ve made several times in the past 20 years. Please just say no.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,959

Post#29 » by Besart19 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Randle, Bullock and Ellington for Westbrook and future pick

Harden / Rivers
Gordon / Ellington
Bullock / House Jr
Tucker / Ariza
Randle / Chandler
Strength and Honour!
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#30 » by Phish Tank » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Randle + chump change (they can take DSJr). Ideally we should get some picks back.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Besart19 wrote:Randle, Bullock and Ellington for Westbrook and future pick

Don't we need to come into 20% of traded contracts for it to work?

Russel makes 43+ we would need Randle 18.9, Frank 6.1, DSJ and Knox to make this work.
Besart19
RealGM

Post#32 » by Besart19 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 pm

KnixinSix wrote:

Russel makes 43+ we would need Randle 18.9, Frank 6.1, DSJ and Knox to make this work.

Ellington makes 12M in his final season... Bullock can sign and trade too for more than his 6 million which are still enough!

Maybe we should send them a filler with non-guaranteed contract too!

Ellington can be waived for only 1.5M on the books
Strength and Honour!
Besart19
RealGM

Post#33 » by Besart19 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Westbrook became a mediocre player the moment he lost the 3point touch! That means since loser PG13 stepped in OKC
Strength and Honour!
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Trade Randle, DSJ, Knox, Frank (or some other combination thats gets within 20% of 43 mill) and then we still have enough money for a couple combinations:

SF:RJ
PF:Wood/Toppin
C:Mitch
SG:Westbrook
PG:FVV/Quickly

SG:Harris
PG:Westbrook/Quickly
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#35 » by DOT » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Westbrook isn't a superstar.

Wow. What is your definition of Superstar?

If you can't even hit league average efficiency, you're not a superstar.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Besart19 wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Ellington makes 12M in his final season... Bullock can sign and trade too for more than his 6 million which are still enough!

Maybe we should send them a filler with non-guaranteed contract too!

Ellington can be waived for only 1.5M on the books

Eliington 12M? Wut...
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#37 » by seren » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:53 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
seren wrote:

He was playing lights out pre COVID. I would think it was a recovery and crazy circumstance thing and more than an aging thing.

That is something he needs to prove. Healthy Westbrook is great. You are right. It might be the fact that he got COVID. However, we have no idea long term implications of COVID. If he comes back and shows he is doing just fine, by all means let's go after him. If the playoffs Westbrook is what we will get, it will be a long three years.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,871

Post#38 » by GONYK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:54 pm

seren wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
seren wrote:

That is something he needs to prove. Healthy Westbrook is great. You are right. It might be the fact that he got COVID. However, we have no idea long term implications of COVID. If he comes back and shows he is doing just fine, by all means let's go after him. If the playoffs Westbrook is what we will get, it will be a long three years.

Healthy Westbrook still shot terribly. He just shot a lot.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#39 » by King of Canada » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Pass unless they give us a boat load of picks. It would be a colossal mistake

Considering what Philly has been doing - attaching picks to Horford and even Richardson (#36), the market certainly dictates they attach picks to move him.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm

seren wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
seren wrote:

Give me this next year under defensive minded Thibs and I think we return to relevancy and possibly more in the East:

SG:Westbrook
PG:FVV/Quickly

Return to New York Knicks