ImageImageImageImageImage

Klay Thompson has suffered a season-ending Achilles tear.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Re: Klay Injured 

Post#201 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:50 pm

superunknown wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
superunknown wrote:**** Danny green forever.
**** bastard. It’s all his fault.

Let's not start that, he didn't do anything wrong.

I beg to differ.

Green is not a dirty player. He made a play any defender would. Just not the results we expected.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#202 » by superunknown » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:51 pm

clyde21 wrote:disgusted...don't even know what to say.

feel really bad for Klay more than anything, only consolation here is that he already got his contract.

not sure where we go from here to be honest, Steph/Klay were gonna carry this team this year, but now it's just Steph and no one.

That would lead to question what dray is doing with the team then.
I mean, if he can’t help to carry this team without Klay then he better be traded to bring in someone who can be more instrumental in the changed scenario.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#203 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#204 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:57 pm

so now we have

TPE
MLE
DPE

you down with OPP?
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,255

Post#205 » by Onus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Maybe with the dpe we can get Bertans or Danilo
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,186

Post#206 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:00 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:so now we have

TPE
MLE
DPE

you down with OPP?

is it possible to combine these or two of them?
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#207 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:01 pm

clyde21 wrote:

TPE
MLE
DPE

you down with OPP?

I'm sure they are to be used for different/separate purposes. So, no.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#208 » by 510TWSS » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:02 pm

I still have no words, but s/o Klay. It takes a ton of mental fortitude to get through b2b injuries but I believe Klay is the type to get through it and excel.

Here’s hoping.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#209 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:02 pm

I feel awful for Klay. I cannot imagine the mental anguish he's going through. Dude missed maybe 20 games through his first eight seasons until Danny Green took him out in Game 6. I'd never seen Klay play better than he did in that Game 6. It was this incredible glimpse at what could have been with Klay -- he was running high pick and rolls, defending Kawhi capably, and generally looking like the best player on the court. And to have that taken away from him and then to tear the achilles trying to come back. It's not fair.

Mulder is gonna make the team and he's going to play big minutes next year. Brutal. Desperately need the Oubre for TPE dream to happen. Wonder if maybe the Warriors can get in the mix for Joe Harris with the DPE, even though that's below his market value.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,870

Post#210 » by Hoopstar23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:03 pm

we need to have a real conversation about Amnesty Klay... with the pandemic stopping the league might add the Amnesty clause again... Klay is not gonna be the same player at all... and hes getting paid like a Superstar... he really cripples us now and long term... it really sucks but man we need to somehow move on... Klay career in real jeopardy... what the **** was he doing playing pick up!!!!!!
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant

Post#211 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Hoopstar23 wrote:we need to have a real conversation about Amnesty Klay... with the pandemic stopping the league might add the Amnesty clause again... Klay is not gonna be the same player at all... and hes getting paid like a Superstar... he really cripples us now and long term... it really sucks but man we need to somehow move on... Klay career in real jeopardy... what the **** was he doing playing pick up!!!!!!

GTFO this board if you want to amnesty Klay. You do not amnesty a legend who gave his everything for this team, who changed the course of NBA history, who gave us some of the most memorable moments we will ever have as sports fans. You don't amnesty a guy like this, not ever. It's immoral and it's a terrible look to throw a franchise legend to the dustbin.

He had the Warriors' approval to train in the offseason. He was more than 16 months removed from his ACL tear. Common recoveries with the ACL tear are 9-12 months. Clearly something went wrong, but it's very unlikely he was being reckless.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#212 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:

TPE
MLE
DPE

you down with OPP?

I'll allow it.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#213 » by BG » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:we need to have a real conversation about Amnesty Klay... with the pandemic stopping the league might add the Amnesty clause again... Klay is not gonna be the same player at all... and hes getting paid like a Superstar... he really cripples us now and long term... it really sucks but man we need to somehow move on... Klay career in real jeopardy... what the **** was he doing playing pick up!!!!!!

GTFO this board if you want to amnesty Klay. You do not amnesty a legend who gave his everything for this team, who changed the course of NBA history, who gave us some of the most memorable moments we will ever have as sports fans. You don't amnesty a guy like this, not ever. It's immoral and it's a terrible look to throw a franchise legend to the dustbin.

He had the Warriors' approval to train in the offseason. He was more than 16 months removed from his ACL tear. Common recoveries with the ACL tear are 9-12 months. Clearly something went wrong, but it's very unlikely he was being reckless.

Amen :nod:
Warriors!!!
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,186

Post#214 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

1. amensty doesn't even exist anymore

2. remove that GSW badge

Spoiler:
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#215 » by Durant Durant » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:12 pm

TPE
MLE
DPE

you down with OPP?

now you know me.

actually not. lol. GSW with Edwards wouldve been a blessing-in disguise

anyways get well soon Klay.
No no yes yes
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#216 » by Samurai » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:I feel awful for Klay. I cannot imagine the mental anguish he's going through. Dude missed maybe 20 games through his first eight seasons until Danny Green took him out in Game 6. I'd never seen Klay play better than he did in that Game 6. It was this incredible glimpse at what could have been with Klay -- he was running high pick and rolls, defending Kawhi capably, and generally looking like the best player on the court. And to have that taken away from him and then to tear the achilles trying to come back. It's not fair.

Mulder is gonna make the team and he's going to play big minutes next year. Brutal. Desperately need the Oubre for TPE dream to happen. Wonder if maybe the Warriors can get in the mix for Joe Harris with the DPE, even though that's below his market value.

Didn't Oubre just get traded to OKC this week?
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#217 » by superunknown » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
superunknown wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Let's not start that, he didn't do anything wrong.

I beg to differ.

Green is not a dirty player. He made a play any defender would. Just not the results we expected.

respect your opinion on the subject but don't share it.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#218 » by arkuo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:19 pm

superunknown wrote:Which contracts can we absorb straight in the TPE ?
Fournier?
Redick?
Eric Gordon?
Oubre?
Any other?

Avery Bradley or similar player can be signed with the MLE (if willing to accept the $).

Eric Gordon is another 4 year contract. Call Dallas for Tim Hardaway Jr. He's only on a one year deal left. Essentially an expiring deal but shoots over 40% from 3. Fills the gap until Klay comes back.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant

Post#219 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:19 pm

clyde21 wrote:

1. amensty doesn't even exist anymore

2. remove that GSW badge

Spoiler:

It's probably my reactive emotions speaking, but I'm fine dropping the banhammer on anyone suggesting a trade or amnesty of Klay over the next few weeks.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#220 » by SAKURABA216 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:21 pm

We can totally trade for Gordon (TPE) and PJ Tucker (DPE) now without trading any of our players. Maybe package them with some 2nd round picks or 2027 FRP.

Return to Golden State Warriors