ImageImageImage

Malik Beasley Arrested (Marijuana Possession + Stolen Property)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,935

Re: Malik Beasley Arrested (Marijuana Possession + Stolen Property) 

Post#221 » by wolves_89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 pm

jpatrick wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:Glad to see Beasley has been given the qualifying offer. Though several are penciling in Edwards as the starting SG, I am of the belief it should be Beasley, at least to begin the season.

I think it’ll be Russell with Rubio starting at the point.

I'd agree, Rubio and Russell seem like the starting guards until someone else clearly earns a starting role.

The more interesting question is how do the minutes get distributed. Edwards, Beasley, Okogie, and Culver are probably all best suited to play at SG (though I'm guessing Culver plays mostly SF this year with some time there from Okogie as well). The PG minutes are clearly all going to Rubio/Russell, but with Russell also playing some at SG there just aren't enough minutes for both Edwards/Beasley.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#222 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:46 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:I bet Culver is on the move...
Or we are playing Edwards at 3

We can't sign and trade Beasley now, right?

I, too, think Culver seems the odd man out, but what value does he have at this point?
I think he has some value...
Maybe a package with Okogie

I don't want to mention Gordon again but i have too, lol...

The other option was what Mattya said, Hayward but i think we don't have players to match salaries now.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#223 » by wolves_89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:Any word on Hernangomez QO?

I'd be shocked if Hernangomez didn't get a QO, especially since the Wolves are extremely thin in terms of guys who can play PF.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#224 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:47 pm

I'd like to see Rubio and Edwards together as much as possible, even if that means bringing them off the bench together.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#225 » by karch34 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:00 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I'd like to see Rubio and Edwards together as much as possible, even if that means bringing them off the bench together.

I agree. Rubio and Edwards off bench (at least initially) sounds like best plan to me.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#226 » by Dual » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Edwards is strong enough to play SF right?
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,579

Post#227 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:07 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Everyone can relax a bit
Oh God Yes. This means so much because I really don't see where the shooting will come from if we got rid of him.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#228 » by wolves_89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Any news on Beasley's court appearance? I thought I saw somewhere that was supposed to be on Nov 19th.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#229 » by Baseline81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Dual wrote:Edwards is strong enough to play SF right?

In an article today on The Ringer:
The teenager grew an inch during the never-ending predraft process that stretched from March to November, another reminder of just how many ways he still has to grow. Edwards is now 6-foot-6 and 230 pounds with a 6-foot-10 wingspan.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#230 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

The teenager grew an inch during the never-ending predraft process that stretched from March to November, another reminder of just how many ways he still has to grow. Edwards is now 6-foot-6 and 230 pounds with a 6-foot-10 wingspan.

That sounds a hell of a lot better than 6'3" some people were claiming. :D I'm guessing it's the stupid in shoes measurements. I sure wish we could completely eliminate those.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#231 » by TheZachAttack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:21 pm

He's 6'6 230 now with a 6'10 wingspan who is 89th percentile in vertical leap and 100th percentile for 3/4 quarter sprint for SGs... so the short is yes he can play SF.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#232 » by jpatrick » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:23 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

That sounds a hell of a lot better than 6'3" some people were claiming. :D I'm guessing it's the stupid in shoes measurements. I sure wish we could completely eliminate those.

Without combine measurements, we’ll just have to guess, as we know teams and players generally inflate height.

It’d be nice if he sprouted to 6’7” or 6’8”, that’s be around full time SF height.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#233 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:32 pm

jpatrick wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:In an article today on The Ringer:

Without combine measurements, we’ll just have to guess, as we know teams and players generally inflate height.

It’d be nice if he sprouted to 6’7” or 6’8”, that’s be around full time SF height.

6'6" 230 with long wingspan is definitely tall enough for the SF. If we see him as an SF rather than an SG that paints a whole nother picture.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#234 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Even though Rubio is expensive, I like the idea of him coming off the bench with Edwards. Shooting is a concern but that could be some dynamic playmaking punch. A strong bench unit will carry a team far. We also need to factor in that if we retain Beasley, he could miss some play time depending on what happens with his case.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#235 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 pm

If Edwards can play at 3 there is no doubt the starting lineup is going to be...

Rubio
Russell
Edwards
?
KAT

With Rubio or Russell going out early in the 1st quarter (probably Rubio, like the same way he did in Utah)
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#236 » by wolves_89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

I'm now really interested to see Edwards listed height when the Wolves announce the official roster (which is supposed to give the player's actual height without shoes). If he is a legitimate 6'5" without shoes he's going to be unstoppable.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#237 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:51 pm

wolves_89 wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

I'm now really interested to see Edwards listed height when the Wolves announce the official roster (which is supposed to give the player's actual height without shoes). If he is a legitimate 6'5" without shoes he's going to be unstoppable.

Edwards is without question the best highlight reel. I didn't watch his pro day workout or whatever it was where people claimed he looked out of shape. The game tape shows stunning athleticism.
Just watched his pro day workout. Nothing wrong with it IMO. However, this is the Beasley thread and I feel I'm hijacking it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#238 » by shrink » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:55 pm

wolves_89 wrote:

I'd be shocked if Hernangomez didn't get a QO, especially since the Wolves are extremely thin in terms of guys who can play PF.

Right. We also want to maintain tradable salary since the Johnson money has been used on Rubio, who I hope is here to stay.

I believe the QO is $5 mil for each. If they dislike our contract offers, both might just sign for the QO, to get to next summer’s richer free agency.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#239 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:57 pm

shrink wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

Right. We also want to maintain tradable salary since the Johnson money has been used on Rubio, who I hope is here to stay.

I believe the QO is $5 mil for both. If they dislike our contract offers, both might just sign for the QO, to get to next summer’s richer free agency.

Is Johnson officially in the Rubio deal yet?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#240 » by shrink » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

I believe the QO is $5 mil for both. If they dislike our contract offers, both might just sign for the QO, to get to next summer’s richer free agency.

Is Johnson officially in the Rubio deal yet?

Not yet, and we may be waiting to hear that he’s signed his PO. If he declines (I see no reason he’d turn down $16 mil), we’d really have to scramble.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves