ImageImageImageImageImage

Klay Thompson has suffered a season-ending Achilles tear.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

vagelis
Starter
And1: 787

Re: Klay Injured 

Post#221 » by vagelis » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:29 pm

The option of TPE expires the next days if I remember well?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#222 » by xdrta+ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:31 pm

vagelis wrote:The option of TPE expires the next days if I remember well?

5 days if you count today.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#223 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:33 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:We can totally trade for Gordon (TPE) and PJ Tucker (DPE) now without trading any of our players. Maybe package them with some 2nd round picks or 2027 FRP.

neither of these guys solves the issue at SG right now, and we better not trade any more future picks without some heavy heavy protections at the very least.

let's just go for Will Barton and try to bring Jessup in from Australia, that's all we can do at this point reasonably, and hope guys like Wiggins, Lee and Poole take a step forward.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#224 » by xdrta+ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:35 pm

If the Warriors are desperate, the Lakers just waived Quinn Cook.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,862

Post#225 » by Hoopstar23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:35 pm

just being realistic... people going to be really sad seeing Klay coming back diminished... he has two major injuries... and we all saw what that injury did to Kobe... and theres always a risk of him getting hurt since theres a major imbalance in his body right now... im being very realistic right now... its hard but its simply facts... would you pay 35-37 mill to a "Cleveland Kyle Korver Level" Klay Thompson who will be 33 years old when hes recovered...........
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#226 » by ClutchUp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Watching Myers on the verge of tears last night. You knew this injury was pretty bad.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#227 » by xdrta+ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Hoopstar23 wrote:just being realistic... people going to be really sad seeing Klay coming back diminished... he has two major injuries... and we all saw what that injury did to Kobe... and theres always a risk of him getting hurt since theres a major imbalance in his body right now... im being very realistic right now... its hard but its simply facts... would you pay 35-37 mill to a "Cleveland Kyle Korver Level" Klay Thompson who will be 33 years old when hes recovered...........

I don't understand, the Warriors are going to pay him for the next 4 years. That's signed and sealed.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#228 » by wco81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:41 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
superunknown wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Let's not start that, he didn't do anything wrong.

I beg to differ.

Green is not a dirty player. He made a play any defender would. Just not the results we expected.

No you don't clip guys from behind like that.

He wasn't out jumping Klay for that layup/dunk.

He's not some chase down blocker.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#229 » by SAKURABA216 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:41 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:just being realistic... people going to be really sad seeing Klay coming back diminished... he has two major injuries... and we all saw what that injury did to Kobe... and theres always a risk of him getting hurt since theres a major imbalance in his body right now... im being very realistic right now... its hard but its simply facts... would you pay 35-37 mill to a "Cleveland Kyle Korver Level" Klay Thompson who will be 33 years old when hes recovered...........

I don't understand, the Warriors are going to pay him for the next 4 years. That's signed and sealed.

I also think Klay's play style is different from Kobe's as he doesn't need to take guys off the dribble and create his own shot.
Hoopstar23
Veteran

Post#230 » by Hoopstar23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:41 pm

xdrta+ wrote:

we were signing a still in Prime Klay... not a guy who hasnt played in 2 years, a guy who might even be ready for the following season after... a guy who has to be load managed for the rest of his career... a guy who will be 33 years old till we see him play NBA level ball and a guy who will most likely not be the same player and be diminished goods while still getting paid like a superstar....so we just giving up on Curry as well?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#231 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:42 pm

This all just sucks and I’m lost for words.
Hoopstar23
Veteran

Post#232 » by Hoopstar23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:44 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

I also think Klay's play style is different from Kobe's as he doesn't need to take guys off the dribble and create his own shot.

offensively he should be ok but his lift will defintely be affected on his shot.... his defense that he is known for is gone forever... always will be questions about health going forward with him....
wco81
RealGM

Post#233 » by wco81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:45 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:we need to have a real conversation about Amnesty Klay... with the pandemic stopping the league might add the Amnesty clause again... Klay is not gonna be the same player at all... and hes getting paid like a Superstar... he really cripples us now and long term... it really sucks but man we need to somehow move on... Klay career in real jeopardy... what the **** was he doing playing pick up!!!!!!

GTFO this board if you want to amnesty Klay. You do not amnesty a legend who gave his everything for this team, who changed the course of NBA history, who gave us some of the most memorable moments we will ever have as sports fans. You don't amnesty a guy like this, not ever. It's immoral and it's a terrible look to throw a franchise legend to the dustbin.

He had the Warriors' approval to train in the offseason. He was more than 16 months removed from his ACL tear. Common recoveries with the ACL tear are 9-12 months. Clearly something went wrong, but it's very unlikely he was being reckless.

If they amnesty'd him, he'd still get his money right?

It's just that his contract wouldn't count against the cap? But they'd have to sign him to a new deal after he recovers.

Let's say Wiseman develops real well and the Minny pick turns into another perennial all-star player.

In 4-5 years those players are going to command huge contracts. Curry will be up for extension in 2-3 more seasons too.

So they may need cap space then.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#234 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 pm

wco81 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
superunknown wrote:
I beg to differ.

Green is not a dirty player. He made a play any defender would. Just not the results we expected.

He just jumped to make a play and prevent a layup. That narrative is flat out wrong and if anyone boos Green the next time he visits our new cursed arena they're douchebags.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#235 » by ClutchUp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Hoopstar23 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

we were signing a still in Prime Klay... not a guy who hasnt played in 2 years, a guy who might even be ready for the following season after... a guy who has to be load managed for the rest of his career... a guy who will be 33 years old till we see him play NBA level ball and a guy who will most likely not be the same player and be diminished goods while still getting paid like a superstar....so we just giving up on Curry as well?

If he makes a full recovery he'll be 31 for the start of 21-22 season.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#236 » by SAKURABA216 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:48 pm

I get what you are saying, but I guess you just don't want to do players dirty like that, especially not stand-up dudes like Klay. If Washington can suffer through all those years with Wall then Golden State can do the same for a guy that was crucial in winning 3 rings for the team and blew out his knee trying to win another.
Hoopstar23
Veteran

Post#237 » by Hoopstar23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:49 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
Hoopstar23 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

If he makes a full recovery he'll be 31 for the start of 21-22 season.

he will not be ready for the start of the 22 season... so correction he will be 32 years old... i wouldnt put it past the Warriors that they shut him down for the 21-22 season as well too...
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#238 » by xdrta+ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 pm

There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. As was pointed out above, there is no amnesty. Just because someone talked about it doesn't make it a real thing, so what's the point of even bringing it up/
wco81
RealGM

Post#239 » by wco81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:52 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
wco81 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

He just jumped to make a play and prevent a layup. That narrative is flat out wrong and if anyone boos Green the next time he visits our new cursed arena they're douchebags.

He was behind Klay. There was nobody in front of Klay so Klay was going up for a dunk. Green wasn't out jumping Klay and getting the ball before it hit the backboard or anything like that.

He had NO CHANCE for a block.

So he caused unnecessary contact, which caused Klay to lose balance and land badly on that leg with the knee that got blown out.

That's how I blew my ACL. Some kid who had no chance to block the shot clipped me from behind. I'm not even a jumper and I made that layup but he knocked me in the air and my right knee blew out on landing.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#240 » by Old_Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:54 pm

Devastating news. Approximately half of Klay's remaining four years under contract is going to be spent rehabbing. The remainder will go towards a player who's not likely to be the same guy he was before. I can't help but think how all these major injuries involving Warriors players came after the departure of Chelsea Lane. What was the genius reasoning behind letting her get away?
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.

Return to Golden State Warriors