Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Re: Horford to OKC For Green 

Post#161 » by Sixerscan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:Didn’t Ferguson go nuts against us in a game against us either last year or the year before?

Yep

I watched him a bit due to his Australian experience and he’s a better player than some are saying
People see that he lost his starting job to Lu Dort and immediately think he is garbage. He started 74 games a season ago and didn't put up terrible numbers.

I don't think he sticks around though to be honest, Daryl didn't even acknowledge him in the post draft presser. He talked about Danny Green as "the guy im not allowed to say much about".

If I were guessing, i would say Ferguson, Zhaire and even Furkan or Matisse might be sent in a package with Mike Scott for a veteran big.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

You may be right, but the reason he’s not allowed to talk about Green because the trade can’t go through until next week for cap reasons so he literally is not allowed to talk about him because of tampering rules.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#162 » by Kobblehead » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm

I agree that Ferguson sucks.

I saw no appeal in him as a prospect. He was terrible overseas. No defense, no scoring off the dribble, no shooting. He couldn't do anything well.

He was just a 6'7" athlete that got overrated as a highschool prospect because of his size/athleticism. He has no actual game.

He's repped by Rich Paul, though, so there's that.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,736

Post#163 » by phillynative » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:58 pm

So ferguson has as much 3&D potential as zhaire smith?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,801

Post#164 » by Mik317 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:09 pm

Ferguson had a broken moving jumpshot in 2k. **** was easy to green for no reason lol
thats all I got.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#165 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:56 pm

Change of scenery might do Ferguson some good. Still really young, but had some off the court issues that really messed with his game/confidence this past season. Great athlete who doesn't use it as much as he should, and never seems to know what to do with the ball in his hands. He was our token invisible on offense starter, copying the likes of Roberson and Sefolosha.

If you can find a way to get his confidence back and at least get him to shoot the ball without hesitating each time he catches it wide open, he could find a way into the backend of the rotation.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#166 » by cool93 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:14 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:If you can find a way to get his confidence back and at least get him to shoot the ball without hesitating each time he catches it wide open

I may have heard it couple of times somewhere.. :lol:
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#167 » by brannigan73 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Doesnt matter if Ferguson is any good or not. Horford was a poision contract playing out of position to get rid of him using one first round pick years from now and a second and taking back Ferguson and getting a good player that fits in return in Green I'd give the trade a B+ or A. One more Brand mistake erased! My bootleg Horford jersey goes into the trash however lol. I had big hopes for Al I still cant wrap my head around how bad he was.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,441

Post#168 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:53 am

kio80 wrote:I really hope Brand feels so ashamed that he resigns from bring the Sixers GM and get the **** out of the NBA.
Anyone else find his face extremely punchable?

This is not just directed at you. But I have seen a lot of people making comments about Brand signing Al. Yet Morey comes on board and Brand is given an extension. What gives ? Maybe Brand was the only one in the collective saying don't sign Al to such a contract and was overruled. Do you reward a guy, who made a major blunder, with an extension and the chance to learn from one of the most creative FO guys around ? To me it seems like they are grooming Elton. When it would have been much easier to let Brand go and ask Morey to hand pick his own GM.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Dontmakeme
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#169 » by Dontmakeme » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 am

This is not just directed at you. But I have seen a lot of people making comments about Brand signing Al. Yet Morey comes on board and Brand is given an extension. What gives ? Maybe Brand was the only one in the collective saying don't sign Al to such a contract and was overruled. Do you reward a guy, who made a major blunder, with an extension and the chance to learn from one of the most creative FO guys around ? To me it seems like they are grooming Elton. When it would have been much easier to let Brand go and ask Morey to hand pick his own GM......Everybody know it wasn't Brand idea to sign Horford you know how it go blame the brother
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#170 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:41 am

Dontmakeme wrote:This is not just directed at you. But I have seen a lot of people making comments about Brand signing Al. Yet Morey comes on board and Brand is given an extension. What gives ? Maybe Brand was the only one in the collective saying don't sign Al to such a contract and was overruled. Do you reward a guy, who made a major blunder, with an extension and the chance to learn from one of the most creative FO guys around ? To me it seems like they are grooming Elton. When it would have been much easier to let Brand go and ask Morey to hand pick his own GM......Everybody know it wasn't Brand idea to sign Horford you know how it go blame the brother

Right, because we all totally let Colangelo off the hook and didn't blame him for things. Get serious.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,589

Post#171 » by FireMorey » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:42 am

This is not just directed at you. But I have seen a lot of people making comments about Brand signing Al. Yet Morey comes on board and Brand is given an extension. What gives ? Maybe Brand was the only one in the collective saying don't sign Al to such a contract and was overruled. Do you reward a guy, who made a major blunder, with an extension and the chance to learn from one of the most creative FO guys around ? To me it seems like they are grooming Elton. When it would have been much easier to let Brand go and ask Morey to hand pick his own GM......Everybody know it wasn't Brand idea to sign Horford you know how it go blame the brother.....there is a quote button you know. Makes things easier to read.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,675

Post#172 » by stormi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:42 am

Interesting project to take on imo. Not a crazy risk since he's an expiring. 3x NBA champion (started all 68/68 games in those three separate runs on separate teams with three separate coaching staffs), analytical darling, leader. A shooter through and through. Continually moving. Guys like he and Seth and Redick utilize their floor gravity and are tranced at drifting into quiet areas to create split second open looks.

Shot 45% from 3 with the Raptors in 2019 with over 5 attempts per game. Numbers dipped a bit this year and he slumped in the bubble, but he was hovering at about 39% heading in. Similar to his final year in San Antonio before he blew up again. Also a willing and switchable defender on pretty much anyone 1-3.

Cautiously optimistic

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,515

Post#173 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:04 am

Sure we lose a 2025 1st round pick.

But Danny Green or whatever guy we sign with out MLE (Noel?) will most likely be better than whoever we draft with that 2025 1st round pick.

Btw, if you think about it. It leaves both 2021 and 2023 available for trade.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#174 » by TTP » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:17 am

PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:This is not just directed at you. But I have seen a lot of people making comments about Brand signing Al. Yet Morey comes on board and Brand is given an extension. What gives ? Maybe Brand was the only one in the collective saying don't sign Al to such a contract and was overruled. Do you reward a guy, who made a major blunder, with an extension and the chance to learn from one of the most creative FO guys around ? To me it seems like they are grooming Elton. When it would have been much easier to let Brand go and ask Morey to hand pick his own GM......Everybody know it wasn't Brand idea to sign Horford you know how it go blame the brother.....there is a quote button you know. Makes things easier to read.

This is the same ownership that tried desperately to keep Colangelo after he was publicly caught during Burnergate. The fact that they wanted to give Brand a contract extension despite his blunders is meaningless to me.

The bolded is also a pretty huge assumption that no one here will ever have the answer to. Brand agreed to have his name at the head of the totem pole when that move was made. Part of accepting the title is accepting responsibility when things go wrong.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,589

Post#175 » by FireMorey » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:14 am

TTP wrote:
PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:This is not just directed at you. But I have seen a lot of people making comments about Brand signing Al. Yet Morey comes on board and Brand is given an extension. What gives ? Maybe Brand was the only one in the collective saying don't sign Al to such a contract and was overruled. Do you reward a guy, who made a major blunder, with an extension and the chance to learn from one of the most creative FO guys around ? To me it seems like they are grooming Elton. When it would have been much easier to let Brand go and ask Morey to hand pick his own GM......Everybody know it wasn't Brand idea to sign Horford you know how it go blame the brother.....there is a quote button you know. Makes things easier to read.

This is the same ownership that tried desperately to keep Colangelo after he was publicly caught during Burnergate. The fact that they wanted to give Brand a contract extension despite his blunders is meaningless to me.

The bolded is also a pretty huge assumption that no one here will ever have the answer to. Brand agreed to have his name at the head of the totem pole when that move was made. Part of accepting the title is accepting responsibility when things go wrong.

That wasn't my post it was dontmakeme's. It was meant to poke fun at his post to which he didn't know how to quote a response.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#176 » by TTP » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:24 am

PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:
TTP wrote:

That wasn't my post it was dontmakeme's. It was meant to poke fun at his post to which he didn't know how to quote a response.

Sorry!
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#177 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:39 am

What’s the protection with the pick we gave up?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#178 » by Skates » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:43 am

1-6 in 2025, 1-4 in 2026, becomes two second rounders if not used by 2026.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#179 » by dice » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:57 am

Skates wrote:1-6 in 2025, 1-4 in 2026, becomes two second rounders if not used by 2026.

that's not exactly "lightly protected." much of the value in the draft tends to come in those top few picks. should make sixers fans feel better
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
76ciology
RealGM

Post#180 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:04 am

Skates wrote:1-6 in 2025, 1-4 in 2026, becomes two second rounders if not used by 2026.

I’d say 90+% chance we’d be giving that pick away and 90+% chance it would just end up not being better than any players we would be able to acquire with the salary we’d be able to free up.

It would most probably be some random guy as good as Ferguson.

Green and the trade exemption can be used as a trade asset.

The more I think of it, I think this trade is a steal.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers