ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#1021 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:03 am

I would like to see Buddy to the warriors for their 17 million exception , Looney & the 2021 Minny 1st round pick they aquired in the D.Russell trade myself and the 2022 if we can get it
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#1022 » by kalenclayton » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:07 am

dozencousins wrote:I would like to see Buddy to the warriors for their 17 million exception , Looney & the 2021 Minny 1st round pick they aquired in the D.Russell trade myself and the 2022 if we can get it

We definitely aren’t getting that Minny pick.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1023 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:10 am

kalenclayton wrote:
dozencousins wrote:I would like to see Buddy to the warriors for their 17 million exception , Looney & the 2021 Minny 1st round pick they aquired in the D.Russell trade myself and the 2022 if we can get it

We definitely aren’t getting that Minny pick.

Then there would be no way in Heck would I trade Buddy to the Warriors

By the way you do not know that . If the warriors wanted Buddy the only way the Kings would not take that pick is if they unloaded Barnes as well and the only way to do that is if we take Wiggins and I do not see the Kings wanting that contract !
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1024 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:10 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#1025 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:11 am

Buddy makes $24.4 million for 2021, that does not fit the TPE which is about $17.2 million. You cannot aggregate salary when using a TPE so you can't add Looney's salary to the TPE to equal Buddy's salary even with the 125% rule.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1026 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:11 am

Bogi wants his money. ATL is a threat

dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1027 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:

Buddy makes $24.4 million for 2021, that does not fit the TPE which is about $17.2 million. You cannot aggregate salary when using a TPE so you can't add Looney's salary to the TPE to equal Buddy's salary even with the 125% rule.

No worries . I was more less just thinking of a way to trade Buddy as I do not want him in a Kings uniform & with Klay going down him to the Warriors makes some sense !
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1028 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:18 am

City of Trees wrote:Bogi wants his money. ATL is a threat

Let's keep Bogi & trade Buddy

or

Trade both i f we have to . I want nothing to do with Buddy myself

If we have to trade Buddy to the Hawks hope it is for whom they drafted at #6 in a deal or Capela if we have to at least
Maybe if it is Capela he can go to Boston and we can unload Barnes as well and just take Hayward back along with a future 1st round pick in a deal
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1029 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:27 am

By the way the 52nd pick we traded to Houston was for 1 million case + The Lakers 2021 2nd round pick that was owned by Houston & now to us .
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1030 » by sacking123 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 am

The Bogdan situation has been handled extremely poorly from the start. Unfortunately for the Kings it won’t get better.
The money it looks like Bogdan is going to sign for if it’s say Atl is not going to be great.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#1031 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:02 am

If he signs for $20 million that would be within matching range of Capela’s salary.

That’s a S & T I’d do in a heart beat and figure the pieces out later. Capela is already known as an ideal fit with a running team.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#1032 » by jazanetti » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:12 am

Did Kings GM forget than S&T meant player's agreement to sign contract?)))
OMG, I don't know to cry or to laugh... Is Vlade still in the office)))
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#1033 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:44 pm

KF10 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I've seen rumors ATL could be involved in Bogi talks. I don't like this at all. Especially if Bogi's agent is who leaked the trade info becauseore than likely it means ATL approached Bogi with more money.... Which means the likely hood of a S&T is small. ATL knows Sac doesn't want to match and with the offer being large they can afford the gamble to call Sac's bluff.

Yuck.

Yeah, it sounds like there will be teams interested in bidding for Bogdan. Not sure if the Kings want to match. It sucks because I prefer Bogdan over Buddy. I wish somehow the Kings manages to keep Bogdan at a cost effective rate and ship Buddy out of here. Heck, ship Barnes and CoJo too. I'm not angry that Bogdan wants to secure his $$$$ given how much the Kings paid Buddy. It's business.
This will be really telling honestly. If Bogdan gets a 4/80 offer, we have to match. I know he's been preaching flexibility but so be it. We can't let one of our best assets walk out the door for nothing.

Id rather resign Bogdan at 4/80 and ship buddy out for expirings or to atlanta/nyk for cap space.

Then move Barnes somewhere else. That, plus bjelica, Joseph, Parker all being expirings will bring us flexibility even keeping Bogdan.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#1034 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 pm

jazanetti wrote:Did Kings GM forget than S&T meant player's agreement to sign contract?)))
OMG, I don't know to cry or to laugh... Is Vlade still in the office)))

If this is ultimately the case, this doesn't fall on the Kings. It's not up to the Kings to come to terms with Bogdan on a contract, the Bucks are the ones to sign him to an offer sheet and we either match or agree to sign and trade for pieces.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1035 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:27 pm

Atlanta is THE threat now with the report of Milwaukee waiving Ersan. They can offer 4 years 85-90 million without any incentive to S&T since they have the cap and I would not personally want to match that.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1036 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:41 pm

codydaze wrote:

Atlanta is THE threat now with the report of Milwaukee waiving Ersan. They can offer 4 years 85-90 million without any incentive to S&T since they have the cap and I would not personally want to match that.

That would be a high price to pay . Would rather pay that tan keep Buddy Though . I still think even if we matched that Bogi would be an easily tradable contract if needs be .
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1037 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:56 pm

dozencousins wrote:
codydaze wrote:

That would be a high price to pay . Would rather pay that tan keep Buddy Though . I still think even if we matched that Bogi would be an easily tradable contract if needs be .
The gamble is you can't move Buddy so you're stuck paying $50M+ of your cap to one position.

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1038 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 pm

City of Trees wrote:
dozencousins wrote:
codydaze wrote:

The gamble is you can't move Buddy so you're stuck paying $50M+ of your cap to one position.

Yeah and having little leverage in RFA, we would have even less with teams knowing that it's in our best interest to move one of those deals. To be fair though, Philly was just able to move Horford's deal for a 1st but I still wouldn't want to be on the hook for finding a deal for one of those contracts.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1039 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:01 pm

City of Trees wrote:
dozencousins wrote:
codydaze wrote:

LMAO Seriously ?

Either Buddy & or Bogi are players and cintracts that can easily be moved . Especially when under contract for several of years as they are then locked in and more attractive to other teams .
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1040 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:05 pm

dozencousins wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
dozencousins wrote:

LMAO Seriously ?

Either Buddy & or Bogi are players and cintracts that can easily be moved . Especially when under contract for several of years as they are then locked in and more attractive to other teams .

I think if there were a good enough deal out there for Buddy, he would have already been moved. Windhorst was saying that Buddy didn't have a lot of value on the market right now. Not to say that can't change but that's what it is at the moment.

Return to Sacramento Kings