dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#1041 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:06 pm

codydaze wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
dozencousins wrote:

That would be a high price to pay . Would rather pay that tan keep Buddy Though . I still think even if we matched that Bogi would be an easily tradable contract if needs be .
The gamble is you can't move Buddy so you're stuck paying $50M+ of your cap to one position.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app

Yeah and having little leverage in RFA, we would have even less with teams knowing that it's in our best interest to move one of those deals. To be fair though, Philly was just able to move Horford's deal for a 1st but I still wouldn't want to be on the hook for finding a deal for one of those contracts.

Either player and either contract would easily be able to be moved

In todays NBA pure shooters like these 2 are highly sought after and easily tradable . Are you guys seriously kidding me ?
Even if the return player for player value is not there in those cases you geta young talent , expirings and or picks

In heilds case you can get that now .
In Bogi's case you can get that easily later if that is what you wanted to do

I cannot believe the things I am hearing .
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#1042 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Having $50m+ of the cap on a single position for a 30-win team is beyond moronic. I like Bogi but if a team like ATL comes in and makes a massive bid, they can keep him.

And moving Buddy will be harder than said. He repeatedly and publicly said he wants out and continually sulks about it. When Buddy's shooting is off for the night, he is almost useless. The guy needs to be in a good situation to maximize his talents. I'm not saying he is a bad player but he needs to be surrounded by a team that is able to hide his defensive deficiencies and needs to be constantly spoon fed. The guy sucks as a ball handler and is a turnover machine when he decides to dribble the ball more than 2 times.

If I have a choice between Buddy or a guy like Duncan Robinson (who will be WAAAAYY cheaper), give me Robinson. He shot at a higher 3PT% and made 270 3PTers (it was only one behind from Buddy's 271 3PTers made). Robinson is a guy who will accept his role and won't cry about it. While Buddy sulks and send out stupid IG/Twitter cryptic messages to passively bash the Kings. The guy thinks he is a star and doesn't think he is the problem. I used to love Buddy but the guy has become more toxic since that whole contract negotiation fiasco with Vlade/Kings.

If a team offers a combination of expirings and small asset(s) for Buddy, I'll take it any day of the week.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#1043 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:08 pm

KF10 wrote:Having $50m+ of the cap on a single position for a 30-win team is beyond moronic. I like Bogi but if a team like ATL comes in and makes a massive bid, they can keep him.

And moving Buddy will be harder than said. He repeatedly and publicly said he wants out and continually sulks about it. When Buddy's shooting is off for the night, he is almost useless. The guy needs to be in a good situation to maximize his talents. I'm not saying he is a bad player but he needs to be surrounded by a team that is able to hide his defensive deficiencies and needs to be constantly spoon fed. The guy sucks as a ball handler and is a turnover machine when he decides to dribble the ball more than 2 times.

If I have a choice between Buddy or a guy like Duncan Robinson (who will be WAAAAYY cheaper), give me Robinson. He shot at a higher 3PT% and made 270 3PTers (it was only one behind from Buddy's 271 3PTers made). Robinson is a guy who will accept his role and won't cry about it. While Buddy sulks and send out stupid IG/Twitter cryptic messages to passively bash the Kings. The guy thinks he is a star and doesn't think he is the problem. I used to love Buddy but the guy has become more toxic since that whole contract negotiation fiasco with Vlade/Kings.

If a team offers a combination of expirings and small asset(s) for Buddy, I'll take it any day of the week.

I don't really get the 2 of these going together. If we can't move Bogdan for assets, I think the smart move it to resign him. Even if we ultimately ship him away at the deadline, it's for the best.

Buddy has made it clear he wants to go. I agree we should ship him out even if its just for expirings. I have a feeling one of NYK or Atlanta would absorb him into cap space if we wanted to do that. I also think we could look at Boston with some Buddy/Bjelica for Hayward trade.

Id totally be okay resigning Bogdan and bringing Hayward in for a year. Run out a lineup of -

Fox/Haliburton
Bogdan/Haliburton/Ramsey
Hayward/Barnes/Woodard
Bagley/Barnes
Holmes/Len

Now if the plan is to totally bottom out, then we can look to move some combo of Barnes, Bogdan, Hayward, Holmes at the deadline. But if the plan is to be competitive while letting the young kids grow, this makes total sense. I think having Fox, Bogdan, Haliburton, Hayward would be fun as hell to watch a bunch of willing passers.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1044 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:14 pm

codydaze wrote:
dozencousins wrote:
City of Trees wrote:The gamble is you can't move Buddy so you're stuck paying $50M+ of your cap to one position.

LMAO Seriously ?

Either Buddy & or Bogi are players and cintracts that can easily be moved . Especially when under contract for several of years as they are then locked in and more attractive to other teams .

I think if there were a good enough deal out there for Buddy, he would have already been moved. Windhorst was saying that Buddy didn't have a lot of value on the market right now. Not to say that can't change but that's what it is at the moment.

That may also be because teams don't have him as a first choice.

My suspicion is that the market is held up waiting for Harden. Once that ball drops, it could change the scope of what teams are willing to do. Then we have free agency, with the majority of the better players being RFA. We should know more about that by the end of the weekend.

I could see a Buddy to Boston trade, NYK, Atlanta, Pistons all making sense. And depending what kind of salary we are willing to take back, we could see something with Wiggins in GS, Magic with Fournier, Brooklyn with Prince +.

I know hes not going to be anyones first choice. But free agency is really light this year.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1045 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:31 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
I don't really get the 2 of these going together. If we can't move Bogdan for assets, I think the smart move it to resign him. Even if we ultimately ship him away at the deadline, it's for the best.

Buddy has made it clear he wants to go. I agree we should ship him out even if its just for expirings. I have a feeling one of NYK or Atlanta would absorb him into cap space if we wanted to do that. I also think we could look at Boston with some Buddy/Bjelica for Hayward trade.

Id totally be okay resigning Bogdan and bringing Hayward in for a year. Run out a lineup of -

Fox/Haliburton
Bogdan/Haliburton/Ramsey
Hayward/Barnes/Woodard
Bagley/Barnes
Holmes/Len

Now if the plan is to totally bottom out, then we can look to move some combo of Barnes, Bogdan, Hayward, Holmes at the deadline. But if the plan is to be competitive while letting the young kids grow, this makes total sense. I think having Fox, Bogdan, Haliburton, Hayward would be fun as hell to watch a bunch of willing passers.

That's fine. I prefer Bogdan over Buddy. But the question is, should the Kings make a bid that may exceed 85m-90m to retain Bogdan? I like Bogdan but not that much if it is for that amount of money, imo. Bogdan is a good player but if a team comes in and gave him a MASSIVE contract, I just don't get why would the Kings should match that. Just because they can move him some time in the future? I don't think that is a good enough reasoning to keep a player. If anything, they should retain Bogdan if the Kings think he and Fox (+ Haliburton) would be an absolute match for success. I would like to see Fox, Hali & Bogdan play together. But I want to see Buddy gone if that is the scenario we want.

My problem is being $$$ locked in a single position for a team that isn't good. Ideally, the Kings shouldn't even have bloated contracts like Buddy, Barnes, CoJo on roster to begin with. There is no justification in paying those player if winning isn't there. This team needs an absolute tear down and keep and grow the actual core players. If the Kings think Bogdan is a core player that can fit with the Fox's timeline, then keep him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1046 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:34 pm

KF10 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Fox/Haliburton
Bogdan/Haliburton/Ramsey
Hayward/Barnes/Woodard
Bagley/Barnes
Holmes/Len

That's fine. I prefer Bogdan over Buddy. But the question is, should the Kings make a bid that may exceed 85m-90m to retain Bogdan? I like Bogdan but not that much if it is for that amount of money, imo. Bogdan is a good player but if a team comes in and gave him a MASSIVE contract, I just don't get why would the Kings should match that. Just because they can move him some time in the future? I don't think that is a good enough reasoning to keep a player. If anything, they should retain Bogdan if the Kings think he and Fox (+ Haliburton) would be an absolute match for success. I would like to see Fox, Hali & Bogdan play together. But I want to see Buddy gone if that is the scenario we want.

My problem is being $$$ locked in a single position for a team that isn't good. Ideally, the Kings shouldn't even have bloated contracts like Buddy, Barnes, CoJo on roster to begin with. There is no justification in paying those player if winning isn't there. This team needs an absolute tear down and keep and grow the actual core players. If the Kings think Bogdan is a core player that can fit with the Fox's timeline, then keep him.

I match up to what we paid Buddy. But I think 4/80 is likely the most a player of Bogdans caliber is going to see.

With Hayward opting out, that takes the Boston plans off the table.

Still think that Keeping Bogdan away from the Hawks opens the door for us to move Buddy to them. Id rather keep Bogdan than Buddy, and seems like Bogdan was more likely to want to play here anyways.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1047 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:35 pm

Now let's say the Kings can trade Buddy today? Yes absolutely I consider matching Bogi.

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1048 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
I match up to what we paid Buddy. But I think 4/80 is likely the most a player of Bogdans caliber is going to see.

Still think that Keeping Bogdan away from the Hawks opens the door for us to move Buddy to them. Id rather keep Bogdan than Buddy, and seems like Bogdan was more likely to want to play here anyways.

If retaining Bogdan means the priority shifts to "we need to ship out Buddy" for the Kings, I'm with you. I would much rather pay Bogdan than Buddy.

And I also see Bogdan and Fox (+ Haliburton) a better core than with Buddy, imo.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1049 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:42 pm

KF10 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

If retaining Bogdan means the priority shifts to "we need to ship out Buddy" for the Kings, I'm with you. I would much rather pay Bogdan than Buddy.

And I also see Bogdan and Fox (+ Haliburton) a better core than with Buddy, imo.

Totally. We had a complete lack of facilitators last year. Bogdan is obviously better served as the 3rd ball handler, and hes far less selfish than Buddy. Think he fits the team better.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1050 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:09 pm

The bottom line is both Bogi and Buddy both have significant trade value and both can easily be moved .

History in the NBA has always repeated it's self no matter if you are a Buddy Heild or Bogi or of your a 35 year old vet like a CP3 , no matter whom is better or worse does not matter . If you have value no matter how big or small your contract is it can get traded and you can get value . What that vaue is can be determined based on whatever direction you as a GM are having your organization go towards .

If it came down to it as a Mod mentioned earlier Iwould rather pay these 2 50 million and get value . Young Players and picks etc. than to get nothing and let them walk . How many really good / great players do you know via the history of the Kings signing with us for smaller amounts of $$$ . If your average maybe yes . Their are not hardly anyone we can sign free agency wise that we cam sign that are as good as either Buddy or Bogi for the money they will be making . By that being the case you would rather use that same money and sign a lesser player ? Seriiously ?

Signing 2 for 50 million does not mean you will keep both long term or even either . It means you are setting your team / organizion the ability to aquire great assets later for 1 or both . If we right now cannot attract the big name free agents how do you do that ?

You buid your capital . Lots of valued draft picks , ou draft guys like Fox whom may attract better free agents as the team gets better and you as well draft well . Hence last nights draft as a starter . You cannot just go around letting your best players walk for free to end up with nothing . That is exactly how as a frachise you stay at the bottom . I for 1 am sick and tired of the Kings sucking so bad every year . Yes we will suck overall next year . That said in 3 years if we are not at least a consistent playoff team or better there are beyond serious issues .

I will bet we do not let Bogi walk for nothing and if he is traded it is for better value than the previous Bucks deal . I bet if Buddy gets traded it is not for nothing .

If you want the Kings to suck day after day & year after year than keep hoping outr players walk and we never pay them and when we do pay somebody it is as much or more for a lesser player than the one we let walk !
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#1051 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:11 pm

The market dictates who will shipped out IMO (forgetting IMO Buddy is better)

If there is a market for BOgi and none for Buddy I don’t think BOgi will be the one left here

I’m not seeing how adding another facilitator means BOgi fits better than Buddy

I’m not sure either fits the teams long term goal, or how there wouldn’t be slight friction with Bogi personally at this point. So I’m thinking deal BOgi for value and let Buddy build up his. Not move Buddy for no value and lessen BOgi with a big contract
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1052 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:33 pm

Both Knicks and Hawks are going to make plays for Bogi & Buddy
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1053 » by dozencousins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Here you go

Jason Anderson @JandersonSacBee
1 minute ago
Source confirms the Sacramento Kings have made a qualifying offer to restricted free-agent guard Bogdan Bogdanovic.

Sean Cunningham @SeanCunningham
1 minute ago
As expected, Kings extend the qualifying offer for Bogdan Bogdanovic, per sources. He is a restricted free agent - Kings will have ability to match, watch him walk, or facilitate a sign & trade
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1054 » by KF10 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:23 am

I hope this investigation will lead to nothing.

Both Bucks and Kings are small markets and will get severely slapped down if the investigation goes bad for us.

And whoever leaked this to Woj and the whiny ass execs who pressured the L to follow through with this can suck it :banghead:
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1055 » by KF10 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:44 am

Read on Twitter
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1056 » by dozencousins » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:54 am

Jason Anderson @JandersonSacBee
about 7 minutes ago
Sacramento Kings guarantee Nemanja Bjelica’s $7.15 million salary for 2020-21 NBA season sacbee.com/sports/article…

Sorry think I posted this about the same moment KF10 posted . Did not mean to make a duplicate post
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1057 » by City of Trees » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 am

KF10 wrote:
Read on Twitter
I want my Belly back, Belly back, Belly back.

Correct call by McNair. I'd still look to move him for a young asset or future pick.

dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1058 » by dozencousins » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 am

Charlotte , Bulls , Knicks , Denver all have very recently inquired about Buddy

Also there had been talks with the Kings , Rockets & Nets in a 3 way team deal that if Houston decides to trade Harden and he would go to the Nets . We would get
Spencer Dinwiddie or Lavert + J.Allen in a deal and the Rockets would get Buddy + multiple picks via the Nets should this kind of a 3 way deal happen. For sure not saying it would . Just saying there has been talks

By the way A. Gordon is someone the Kings are interested in trading for
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1059 » by City of Trees » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:40 am

KF10 wrote:I hope this investigation will lead to nothing.

Both Bucks and Kings are small markets and will get severely slapped down if the investigation goes bad for us.

And whoever leaked this to Woj and the whiny ass execs who pressured the L to follow through with this can suck it :banghead:
I'll share my take here as well. I think it's rather weak of the NBA to investigate. Most teams are currently negotiating with a free agent tonight. Only difference here is Woj won't tweet about it.

Let's be adults here the NBA has created this wild west period of secret negotiations. They need to fix it instead of this inconsistent enforcement.

Oh and I don't understand how the Kings can be responsible for other teams talking to RFA or his agent.

dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1060 » by dozencousins » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:42 am

City of Trees wrote:
KF10 wrote:I hope this investigation will lead to nothing.

I'll share my take here as well. I think it's rather weak of the NBA to investigate. Most teams are currently negotiating with a free agent tonight. Only difference here is Woj won't tweet about it.

Let's be adults here the NBA has created this wild west period of secret negotiations. They need to fix it instead of this inconsistent enforcement.

Oh and I don't understand how the Kings can be responsible for other teams talking to RFA or his agent.

The investigation is more of tampering in regards to the Bucks not the Kings . The Bucks not long ago got in trouble for tampering before . I do not think anyone here should be to concerned !

Return to Sacramento Kings