ImageImageImage

Our board instant analysis (when all reactions are settled)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Re: Our board instant analysis (when all reactions are settled) 

Post#61 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 pm

A thought about Wiseman....only about 5-10 lbs difference between he and Edwards. Body has a long ways to go to where I think most people envision him. Edwards is physically ready.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#62 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:00 pm

Klomp wrote:A thought about Wiseman....only about 5-10 lbs difference between he and Edwards. Body has a long ways to go to where I think most people envision him. Edwards is physically ready.

I've heard 235 and 247 for Wiseman. I would guess the higher number is the current one. So let's say 17 pounds more. Wiseman is solid, but Edwards is a tank. I'm excited about Edwards. The sky is the limit for him. :D
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#63 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:04 pm

karch34 wrote:#1 would’ve preferred Bridges or Markannen in a trade down as helps fill D or shooting at F position. That said Edwards seems like he can be best player in draft and still feels most likely (to me) to be a star, I’m fine with pick since there wasn’t a trade.

17 and Johnson for Rubio, 25 and 28. Didn’t mind move down. Rubio helps with D and shot creation and also a great vet. Problem is we remove another vet to do it and our only significant trade piece financially goes to a PG, which isn’t a need….Assuming JJ was the actual contract moved. Was ok as thought next two picks were going to fill the need, but also disappointed as PG who could form a nice rotation with DLo and JMac were available late and our resources could be spent elsewhere. Do see the mentor to Edwards angle as being signficant.

25 and 33 for Balmoro. Liked Balmoro and no issue with stashing since we won’t have a pick next year, but thinking Bane/Woodard and Oturo were possible pieces we missed on makes it tough.

#28 I really liked the McDaniels pick. He’s very immature from what I’d heard leading up to the draft, but the talent is there. Good home run type pick.

Overall I’m around a B just because the trades didn’t seem to fit with biggest needs. I feel like we definitely aren’t looking to compete as much as we thought we would this year. That said I’m sure there are other moves that will change how all this looks or feels at this moment.

I like Balmoro over Bane/Woodard/Oturo. Think of him as a Point Small Forward. Super aggressive playmaker and slasher. Tough defender. Same height as Lamelo Ball and sturdier. Every bit as athletic. I don't think we can go wrong with him.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#64 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 pm

30 minutes after Wojnarowski leaked it, Suns' GM James Jonah Jameson formalized the trade for CP3.
10 minutes after that, OKC offcial Twitter welcomed Ricky Rubio.
Two days after, Ricky Rubio is reportedly back to MIN.

One day after, absolute silence about him from our FO.

RR is mute as well... all he did was to send a Twitt thanking Arizona fanbase for his time there.

I want to think there's some need to be silent due to some NBA rule I don't know about.

Am I missing something?

Should I get paranoid?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:17 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:30 minutes after Wojnarowski leaked it, Suns' GM James Jonah Jameson formalized the trade for CP3.
10 minutes after that, OKC offcial Twitter welcomed Ricky Rubio.
Two days after, Ricky Rubio is reportedly back to MIN.

One day after, absolute silence about him from our FO.

RR is mute as well... all he did was to send a Twitt thanking Arizona fanbase for his time there.

I want to think there's some need to be silent due to some NBA rule I don't know about.

Am I missing something?

Should I get paranoid?

The NBA rule was that Johnson had to opt into the final year of his deal
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:18 pm

Edwards would've dominated summer league

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#67 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:18 pm

And how much time are we supposed to wait 'til we can officially welcome him here?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:19 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:And how much time are we supposed to wait 'til we can officially welcome him here?

Should be only a matter of time

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm having mixed feelings.

Something smells fishy to me.

If it's only my natural born paranoia and everyhting is fine, safe and sound, I take mental note to write an #IKnowNothingJonSnow
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#70 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 pm

I hate reading the forums sometimes. It gets so annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,653

Post#71 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:01 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:I'm having mixed feelings.

Something smells fishy to me.

If it's only my natural born paranoia and everyhting is fine, safe and sound, I take mental note to write an #IKnowNothingJonSnow
I think they just playing it safe until its really formalised and through the proper channels (we don't want a Bucks and Bogdanovic situation...).

I watched Rosas draft interview, and they asked him about Bolmaro and McDaniels, but he got real coy and guarded, said he can only talk about drafts of our own picks.

Meaning nothing fully finalised yet with the OKC/Knicks stuff so not allowed to talk about it.

Has to be waiting for JJ as other poster said. Everything I google tho don't mention JJ in the deal, which is odd, because he has to be for it to fit financially.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#72 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:17 pm

As I said... probably just my paranoia.
I'll wait.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,653

Post#73 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Its getting there, Shams just mentionned JJ is being traded to OKC in the deal after he opted in to his contract. So its gonna be fully official now very soon now that technical hold up is not there anymore.

You can safely howl arooo with us in few hours most likely lol.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#74 » by Sugarless » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:51 pm

I'm decidedly torn and I'm remaining skeptic for the moment. While the idea of seeing Ricky back in Minnesota feels definitely nice, I'm having a hard time getting excited with this reunion as I think there's a lack of fit not so much in regards to Ricky, but among the different pieces of the roster overall.

A big part of those concerns (though not the only one) lies in the fact that I don't fully trust Russell and Towns to mature and make the necessary changes to become winning players. They both need to work a whole of a lot more on defense and understand they need to stop being complacent and to adapt their games to what winning basketball requires on offense, too. And that means for Russell to play off the ball way more often (which will help him improve his scoring efficiency and limit his TOs, while letting a more capable floor general run the team for the most part) and for KAT to stop falling in love with the 3 and start mixing his offensive game up again, as well as becoming a better screener and pnr player, especially as long as there's not another viable option on the roster. Do they have the mindset to do what's needed? Will Ricky be able to get to KAT and to help D'Angelo improve on both ends, leading by example? I certainly hope so, but the truth is I woudn't bet on it right now.

Beyond that I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Edwards as the no. 1 pick. His inconsistency on both ends, his lack of maturity and his tendency to play for himself and not so much for others (notice the trends here) make me wary about his selection, especially when those bad traits are exactly the ones that Towns and Russell show and that can drag this team down. At the same time I don't think he's that great of a fit since there's a clear lack of shooting, rebounding and a big hole at both forward spots, and Edwards doesn't really help on those departments (he could vastly improve his 3-pt shooting over the next couple of years, but right now he's not a pure shooter at all, like I've read here a couple times). I'm absolutely hoping he proves me wrong, though, and that he comes to the league as a much more poised and focused player than he was in Georgia.

At the end of the day it will be on Rosas, Ryan, Russell and Towns to make it work. If the right moves are made, the coach focuses on winning first and foremost and the two main scorers are capable of making sacrifices, there's a chance this team could fight for a playoff spot, especially on a year when the 10th place could be good enough to eventually make it. But if things are going to stay on the same path, with the same holes in the roster, the same lack of winning habits and with Rubio confined in a bench role, then the Wolves will be looking at another 25W season, at best.

It's too early to tell in any case. Let's hope for the best and see how things start to shape up during the free agency and the first few weeks of games before judging either too happily or too severely.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#75 » by Dual » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:08 pm

Sugarless wrote:I'm decidedly torn and I'm remaining skeptic for the moment. While the idea of seeing Ricky back in Minnesota feels definitely nice, I'm having a hard time getting excited with this reunion as I think there's a lack of fit not so much in regards to Ricky, but among the different pieces of the roster overall.

A big part of those concerns (though not the only one) lies in the fact that I don't fully trust Russell and Towns to mature and make the necessary changes to become winning players. They both need to work a whole of a lot more on defense and understand they need to stop being complacent and to adapt their games to what winning basketball requires on offense, too. And that means for Russell to play off the ball way more often (which will help him improve his scoring efficiency and limit his TOs, while letting a more capable floor general run the team for the most part) and for KAT to stop falling in love with the 3 and start mixing his offensive game up again, as well as becoming a better screener and pnr player, especially as long as there's not another viable option on the roster. Do they have the mindset to do what's needed? Will Ricky be able to get to KAT and to help D'Angelo improve on both ends, leading by example? I certainly hope so, but the truth is I woudn't bet on it right now.

Beyond that I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Edwards as the no. 1 pick. His inconsistency on both ends, his lack of maturity and his tendency to play for himself and not so much for others (notice the trends here) make me wary about his selection, especially when those bad traits are exactly the ones that Towns and Russell show and that can drag this team down. At the same time I don't think he's that great of a fit since there's a clear lack of shooting, rebounding and a big hole at both forward spots, and Edwards doesn't really help on those departments (he could vastly improve his 3-pt shooting over the next couple of years, but right now he's not a pure shooter at all, like I've read here a couple times). I'm absolutely hoping he proves me wrong, though, and that he comes to the league as a much more poised and focused player than he was in Georgia.

At the end of the day it will be on Rosas, Ryan, Russell and Towns to make it work. If the right moves are made, the coach focuses on winning first and foremost and the two main scorers are capable of making sacrifices, there's a chance this team could fight for a playoff spot, especially on a year when the 10th place could be good enough to eventually make it. But if things are going to stay on the same path, with the same holes in the roster, the same lack of winning habits and with Rubio confined in a bench role, then the Wolves will be looking at another 25W season, at best.

It's too early to tell in any case. Let's hope for the best and see how things start to shape up during the free agency and the first few weeks of games before judging either too happily or too severely.

Same scenario than in Phoenix last year. I believe Ricky can make it happen again in Minny. Also there will be more moves of course, but Kat isn't stupid, I think this year he will start playing defense. Dlo I don't know, I hope so.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#76 » by Sugarless » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Dual wrote:Same scenario than in Phoenix last year. I believe Ricky can make it happen again in Minny. Also there will be more moves of course, but Kat isn't stupid, I think this year he will start playing defense. Dlo I don't know, I hope so.

I always thought the fit was fantastic in Phoenix. I also didn't have any doubts Booker would be fine playing SG, cause that's always been his position even though he was the de facto PG in 2018-19 out of necessity. But you're right when it comes to Booker and Ayton's question marks regarding their maturity and commitment. It was a mixed bag, they had their ups and downs, but the Suns had another great veteran like Baynes and they had one of the best defenders in the league in Mikal Bridges, which helped them improve dramatically along with Ricky's fantastic (and yet ordinary, it's what he does) season.
Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Post#77 » by Chello1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:14 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Chello1 wrote:Terrible draft for us in my opinion. We wasted assets, trading out of 17 was a complete disaster. I like Ricky but where we are at as a franchise I would have liked us to wait until 17 came up before deciding what do with it. I would have rather drafted numerous guys over Ricky... Bolmaro would have been there at 33. He can't shoot and is a long shot to be a decent player here in the future. We really blew this draft in my opinion.. I am not impressed with Rosas in the draft after watching him work for two years. I hope I am wrong but we needed to get some forwards on this roster who can shoot and play some defense. All we did was add non shooters and to me people who were drafted way ahead of their slot.

Bolmaro wouldn't have been there at 33. The knicks drafted him at 23 for themselves is the most likely scenario. I have read many draft sites that think Bolmaro has star potential for the same reason they believe Ball has star potential. Great size and playmaking ability.

I hope you are correct!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Listening back to Lowe podcast, "Minnesota wanted a ton" to trade with Charlotte.....core young player or a couple of picks.

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#79 » by urinesane » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Lol, the idea of grading a draft before anyone plays a minute is hilarious.

Calm down and try to enjoy it, we've sucked forever, at least some interesting stuff is finally happening.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves