ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard! – (Re-signed: 4yrs/$30M)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard! 

Post#101 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:11 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:After spending 20 minutes of watching highlights, why does it feel like comparing him to TJ McConnell is selling this Pritchard dude way short? The shooting and range alone sets him apart.

They aren’t even remotely similar in terms of play style but hey they are both white!

I was getting killed last night for explaining to folks who said he’s a TJ McConnell that the comparison couldn’t possible be more off. TJ is a non shooter while Pritchard is lethal from three

I don't think they're that similar either, but TJ shot 40 pct from 3 in college multiple seasons.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#102 » by Green89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:40 pm

A high percentage of the Bob Cousy award winners go on to have solid NBA careers, so that speaks something right there. Two notable Cousy Award winners: Kemba and Ja Morant.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,377

Post#103 » by threrf23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Green89 wrote:A high percentage of the Bob Cousy award winners go on to have solid NBA careers, so that speaks something right there. Two notable Cousy Award winners: Kemba and Ja Morant.

Not to take anything away from this, but those who won the Bob Cousy award as a senior include only Frank Mason, Delon Wright, Shabazz Napier, Greivis Vasquez, Acie Law, Dee Brown (not that Dee Brown), and Jameer Nelson.

They all have had NBA careers (if some were short lived), but are steps down from Kemba & Ja.

Jameer Nelson may be the best of this list, and he also won a National Player of the Year award.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#104 » by captain green » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:55 pm

As for Pritchard, the 6′2″ shooter hit 41.5% of his 3-pointers in his senior year with the Ducks. MassLive NBA draft expert Tom Westerholm gave Boston a C in his 2020 NBA Draft grades, writing “there were several players available who felt like better value than Pritchard, but there were rumblings Boston liked him. Pritchard plays hard and can shoot, but he’s small and there were better shooters available.” I concur but according to ainge he is a fun player and said it cause his duck ties. Could have been had at 47 y alot of of bigoards. They said there going to play him early too. So don't expect a lot a wins early. I hated Terry but he is leaps and bounds better than Pritchard
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,789

Post#105 » by 31to6 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 pm

I’m pleasantly surprised if he really weighs anything close to Wanamakers weight.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,490

Post#106 » by VeryMuchWoke » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:05 pm

captain green wrote:As for Pritchard, the 6′2″ shooter hit 41.5% of his 3-pointers in his senior year with the Ducks. MassLive NBA draft expert Tom Westerholm gave Boston a C in his 2020 NBA Draft grades, writing “there were several players available who felt like better value than Pritchard, but there were rumblings Boston liked him. Pritchard plays hard and can shoot, but he’s small and there were better shooters available.” I concur but according to ainge he is a fun player and said it cause his duck ties. Could have been had at 47 y alot of of bigoards. They said there going to play him early too. So don't expect a lot a wins early. I hated Terry but he is leaps and bounds better than Pritchard

Calling anyone who writes for MassLive an expert in anything is pretty rich. Do they even pay their people?
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by captain green » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 pm

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
captain green wrote:As for Pritchard, the 6′2″ shooter hit 41.5% of his 3-pointers in his senior year with the Ducks. MassLive NBA draft expert Tom Westerholm gave Boston a C in his 2020 NBA Draft grades, writing “there were several players available who felt like better value than Pritchard, but there were rumblings Boston liked him. Pritchard plays hard and can shoot, but he’s small and there were better shooters available.” I concur but according to ainge he is a fun player and said it cause his duck ties. Could have been had at 47 y alot of of bigoards. They said there going to play him early too. So don't expect a lot a wins early. I hated Terry but he is leaps and bounds better than Pritchard

Calling anyone who writes for MassLive an expert in anything is pretty rich. Do they even pay their people?

I don't know about that all I know is it was a reach and nothing he can do to move the needle. We went even smaller than Terry lol
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#108 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:14 pm

draft "expert" Tom Westerholm. a ha ha ha ha. I love Terry Rozier. Pritchard is better. He supposedly had a late 1st promise (not from us) so he wasn't lasting until the second let alone #47.
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#109 » by captain green » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:32 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

draft "expert" Tom Westerholm. a ha ha ha ha. I love Terry Rozier. Pritchard is better. He supposedly had a late 1st promise (not from us) so he wasn't lasting until the second let alone #47.

Tyrrell Terry and if dude even had one tenth of rozier talent it should pan out .you are fooling your self if you think this guy is better than rozier he is a jimmer fredite clone if I've ever seen one.
AgentGreen
Head Coach
And1: 3,469

Post#110 » by AgentGreen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Did we just draft the white Kyrie Irving?!

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#111 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:16 pm

captain green wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

Tyrrell Terry and if dude even had one tenth of rozier talent it should pan out .you are fooling your self if you think this guy is better than rozier he is a jimmer fredite clone if I've ever seen one.

What makes him a Jimmer Fredette clone?
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#112 » by captain green » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
captain green wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

Let's start at the beginning
Four year college player, 6'2 190 area,
Jimeer than Payton
3p% 394 \379
Assists total 515 \ 659
Total points 2599\ 1938
Steals total 167\ 211
Games 139\ 144
Only difference I see is Payton is more well rounded and jimmer is better scorer shooter
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#113 » by themoneyteam2 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:49 pm

Zero chance Pritchard was lasting till 47 lol.

In fact, he probably wasn't lasting at 30. Malachi Flynn went just a few picks after him.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#114 » by themoneyteam2 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:50 pm

captain green wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
captain green wrote:Tyrrell Terry and if dude even had one tenth of rozier talent it should pan out .you are fooling your self if you think this guy is better than rozier he is a jimmer fredite clone if I've ever seen one.

Jimeer than Payton
3p% 394 \379
Assists total 515 \ 659
Total points 2599\ 1938
Steals total 167\ 211
Games 139\ 144
Only difference I see is Payton is more well rounded and jimmer is better scorer shooter

They don't play very similarly in terms of style and Pritchard is way more crafty, shifty, and athletic. Just go watch his film before commenting on his play.
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#115 » by captain green » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:56 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
captain green wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Jimeer than Payton
3p% 394 \379
Assists total 515 \ 659
Total points 2599\ 1938
Steals total 167\ 211
Games 139\ 144

They don't play very similarly in terms of style and Pritchard is way more crafty, shifty, and athletic. Just go watch his film before commenting on his play.

I scouted him had him at 33 ranked player I'm also sure that he would have been drafted before 47 that was a mean hot take for sure but when I scouted jimmer I had crafty and shifty in his game so I guess I'm saying he is close as I've seen to any other player is jimmer .and I had Tyrell Terry as my 30 ranked player and would have preferred his upside instead of as is player with no upside
famadihana
Junior
And1: 78

Post#116 » by famadihana » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:21 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
captain green wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

Well, it starts with he's white and ends with he's white.
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#117 » by captain green » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:23 am

famadihana wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
captain green wrote:Tyrrell Terry and if dude even had one tenth of rozier talent it should pan out .you are fooling your self if you think this guy is better than rozier he is a jimmer fredite clone if I've ever seen one.

Well, it starts with he's white and ends with he's white.

We all look alike any way lol
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#118 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:33 am

Pritchard's father (?) looks a head taller than him in this video. :)

Read on Twitter
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

Post#119 » by playa-hater » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:20 am

for those who look at highlights, remember how good Fultz and Carsen Edward highlights were in college. Highlights don't guarantee anything. But having said that there is enough video to suggest that PP may be as good as the HOPE we have may suggest possible.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,147

Post#120 » by itrsteve » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:00 am

I know everybody here is all grumpy and miserable - but man, it’s awesome seeing the outpouring of love for Pritchard, awesome reading some of these comments, he’s universally beloved.

https://instagram.com/oregonmbb?igshid=lprmibz4ahct

Return to Boston Celtics