ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

floyd
Bench Warmer
And1: 648

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1241 » by floyd » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:49 am

theman wrote:
floyd wrote:Explain to me why you care. It literally costs you nothing.

But the masks in public places? If you’re too insecure to put one on just bust out your patented fake patriotism and do it already.

Go run 5 miles then run five miles in a mask. Tell me which is easier.

You need to stop with your patriotism, that's racist.

Is this an actual inconvenience you face or are you just being a contrarian? I see the example has changed from nowhere man sitting publicly in is nowhere land to someone expelling lots of droplets. If you do run (I do not) I hear the sway masks are quite comfortable.

Given the deep racism of some of our country’s greatest patriots I think it would be obvious the two are not mutually exclusive.

But claiming patriotism but being unwillingly to make any sacrifice for fellow citizens is no kind of patriotism. Some may even call it the last refuge of a scoundrel ...
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,904

Post#1242 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:58 am

Vaccines will be in short supply in the beginning. Who to vaccinate first? I'd say start with people at risk, then people who wear masks, and finally—four or five months later—those who maintain that the coronavirus is a hoax and who feel their freedoms have been taken away from them.

You don't like? You can't have it both ways.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1243 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:18 am

You have to vaccinate the hoaxers first. The people who wants to take the vaccine first will be wearing masks and not caring about hypothetical 5 mile runs.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
floyd
Bench Warmer

Post#1244 » by floyd » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:25 am

Healthcare workers will get it first.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,904

Post#1245 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:25 am

Bleeding Green wrote:You have to vaccinate the hoaxers first.

If they are willing to take the Russian vaccine, then yes.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1246 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:25 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:You have to vaccinate the hoaxers first.

If they are willing to take the Russian vaccine, then yes.

Please no, this is how they get to this level of anti-intellectualism because you have Russian vaccines that are not endorsed by scientists in any other country on earth.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#1247 » by theman » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Go run five miles and then run five miles with coronavirus.

Umm. I am supposed to wear the mask because the assumption is that I have coronavirus. So....
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#1248 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:39 pm

theman wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Go run five miles and then run five miles with coronavirus.

Umm. I am supposed to wear the mask because the assumption is that I have coronavirus. So....

Do you wear shirts and shoes when you go into a store or restaurant? Do you know why? We'd be where reload and AU is now if people would just do that one thing. We have no idea who has it or doesn't, but if we all wear masks when out in public we could control the spread. The current process of people not wearing them is contributing to the deaths and long term implications. What we haven't yet realized is that the millions that get this and survive will face long term, expensive health care for decades. We are all going to be paying for those that want to not wear masks because Merica and don't give 2 shites about their fellow American.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,015

Post#1249 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:32 pm

theman wrote:

I mean, I'll give you a 10/10 for obtuseness but other than that...

floyd
Bench Warmer

Post#1250 » by floyd » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:16 am

Geech
Junior
And1: 104

Post#1251 » by Geech » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Does anyone remember when washing your hands and not puting your fingers near or in your mouth or nose were the number 1 and 2 things to be concerned about? How did wearing a mask make those other things mute for the past several months?
floyd
Bench Warmer

Post#1252 » by floyd » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Geech wrote:Does anyone remember when washing your hands and not puting your fingers near or in your mouth or nose were the number 1 and 2 things to be concerned about? How did wearing a mask make those other things mute for the past several months?

CDC still recommends hand washing and not touching your face. The focus on masks is driven by better understanding of how the virus spreads and better data about how effective masks are.

Early on they thought surface contact was a primary vector. Now they know inhaling droplets is the primary way people get infected and surface contact is less common.

They also have lots of data showing two layer cloth masks are highly effective. In early days they thought people might need an N95 mask to really do any good as these are designed to filter out very small particles. They didn’t want to recommend folks get those for fear health care workers wouldn’t be able to.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

It’s not really that weird recommendations have changed now that we’ve been fighting this virus for longer and have more information.
theman
RealGM

Post#1253 » by theman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:59 pm

floyd wrote: If you do run (I do not) I hear the sway masks are quite comfortable.

What is a sway mask? I googled it without meaningful results. I have found that the paper ones seem less restrictive than cloth.
theman
RealGM

Post#1254 » by theman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Has anyone flown into Logan lately?

The passport website state:
As of August 1, 2020 passengers entering Massachusetts are required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, or produce a negative COVID-19 test result administered no more than 72 hours prior to arriving in Massachusetts. For information on the travel order, please click here.

The "click here" does not work.

I assume they are checking people's papers for the negative test. How much time is that adding to deboarding to exiting the airport?
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#1255 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 am

Wear a mask, don't be a dumbass
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#1256 » by sam_I_am » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Scott Atlas is still promoting herd immunity even after it has been announced that 2 highly effective vaccines are nearly ready. How utterly insane is that? To brag about the effort to develop a vaccine but govern as if one is never coming. Is it really a threat to our freedom to suck it up for another 3-4 months until the vaccine starts rolling out?

I predict that Trump and Atlas will join the chorus of anti-vaxxers as soon as Biden is responsible for managing the pandemic.
HardHittenNB83
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1257 » by HardHittenNB83 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:43 pm

U guys believe in Science Fiction a little to much, Covid is nothing to be scared about live ur life ! Get fresh air and sun and keep ur immune system A-1 and u have zero to worry about, people I know who tested positive 1 was a 82 year old and he said he felt fine jus a little under the weather!! If u ain’t know by now they push fear threw the media, stress alone kills ur immune system, Covid is a 2/10 and fake news pushes it as a 10/10, Do not consent to testing / vaccines or nothing, the same guy Bill Gates said on Ted Talks our his own mouth “if we do a good job on healthcare and vaccines we can decrease the world population by 10-15%” and this the guy ur gonna choose ?! The same guy who gave u Microsoft with viruses and than turned around and sold u anti virus software?!! Y’all gotta research ur own and stop echoing what u heard on ur tv or from ur sheep friends on social media, control ur own thoughts bcuz 90% don’t.... peace
CavemanDoctor
Veteran
And1: 4,128

Post#1258 » by CavemanDoctor » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:45 pm

HardHittenNB83 wrote:U guys believe in Science Fiction a little to much, Covid is nothing to be scared about live ur life ! Get fresh air and sun and keep ur immune system A-1 and u have zero to worry about, people I know who tested positive 1 was a 82 year old and he said he felt fine jus a little under the weather!! If u ain’t know by now they push fear threw the media, stress alone kills ur immune system, Covid is a 2/10 and fake news pushes it as a 10/10, Do not consent to testing / vaccines or nothing, the same guy Bill Gates said on Ted Talks our his own mouth “if we do a good job on healthcare and vaccines we can decrease the world population by 10-15%” and this the guy ur gonna choose ?! The same guy who gave u Microsoft with viruses and than turned around and sold u anti virus software?!! Y’all gotta research ur own and stop echoing what u heard on ur tv or from ur sheep friends on social media, control ur own thoughts bcuz 90% don’t.... peace

Decent troll attempt. 4/10.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1259 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:35 am

He really created an account on a Celtics basketball forum just to make that point.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#1260 » by Mr Loggins » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:He really created an account on a Celtics basketball forum just to make that point.

he woke up mad as hell about covid pansies and thought “where am I going to make my point...boston celtics forum. Yes!”

Return to Boston Celtics