ImageImageImage

Kennard/Brown trade a little bigger, traded Patton, 4 secod round picks...

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Re: Kennard/Brown trade a little bigger, traded Patton, 4 secod round picks... 

Post#21 » by edmunder_prc » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:21 am

Read on Twitter
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 549

Post#22 » by guldakot » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:22 am

Anyone know anything about Hands? Looks like he was thrown in to Detroit as well.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#23 » by Snakebites » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:22 am

Han Solo wrote:
Kilo wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Did we get Jay Scrubb too?

Scrubb went to the Clippers.

No mention of McGruder though. Was he not included afterall? Maybe that explains the extra SRP's. As it would free up $5M under the cap this off-season.

People here calling Weaver an “idiot” for dealing 2nd round picks we can just buy if we get into a spot where we need them.

Let the man do his job. No one here even knows what he’s doing tomorrow. But it looks like he’s pushing for something.

You can’t panic when we’ve been bad for 12 years folks.

Hope you’re right about McGruder KG, that would be nice if we got out of that money.

McGruder is absolutely mentioned in that tweet. At the bottom.

We saw with the Utah trade yesterday that it's really not hard to grab second rounders on draft night. The main downside is we don't have them available as trade chips. It's not awful, but it does make me less excited about that trade (I approved of moving Kennard in and of itself).

It's possible we've got other trades down the road (ones involving Ariza, Rose, etc) that will net us second rounders, too.

People are way too up an down here. It's the internet though. That's how it works.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#24 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:24 am

edmunder_prc wrote:
Read on Twitter

The "future pick" better be a 1st.

Clippers embarrassed Weaver/Marks in this trade
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#25 » by Snakebites » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 am

thesack12 wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
Read on Twitter

We already know what that pick was.

It was in the other post- it's Toronto's 2021 second rounder.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#26 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:26 am

guldakot wrote:Anyone know anything about Hands? Looks like he was thrown in to Detroit as well.

At best he'll be Detroit's other 2 way player along with Saben Lee
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#27 » by LaSheed » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:26 am

Yah don't like throwing in 2nds like this but after seeing what Presti can do....Im not so worried.

I think like 8 or 9 2nds weren't traded at some point this year.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#28 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:28 am

Snakebites wrote:
Han Solo wrote:
Kilo wrote: Scrubb went to the Clippers.

No mention of McGruder though. Was he not included afterall? Maybe that explains the extra SRP's. As it would free up $5M under the cap this off-season.

People here calling Weaver an “idiot” for dealing 2nd round picks we can just buy if we get into a spot where we need them.

Let the man do his job. No one here even knows what he’s doing tomorrow. But it looks like he’s pushing for something.

Hope you’re right about McGruder KG, that would be nice if we got out of that money.

We saw with the Utah trade yesterday that it's really not hard to grab second rounders on draft night. The main downside is we don't have them available as trade chips. It's not awful, but it does make me less excited about that trade (I approved of moving Kennard in and of itself).

It's possible we've got other trades down the road (ones involving Ariza, Rose, etc) that will net us second rounders, too.

People are way too up an down here. It's the internet though. That's how it works.

I agree with the underlined part. However in this case I think its entirely merited. 24 hours later the framework of the deal changed pretty substantially, and its not in Detroit's favor.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#29 » by detroitKG » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:28 am

Read on Twitter
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#30 » by Snakebites » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:29 am

thesack12 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
Han Solo wrote:People here calling Weaver an “idiot” for dealing 2nd round picks we can just buy if we get into a spot where we need them.

I agree with the underlined part. However in this case I think its entirely merited. 24 hours later the framework of the deal changed pretty substantially, and its not in Detroit's favor.

It's always "entirely merited" from the eyes of the people overreacting. People don't overreact when they don't think it's "entirely merited".

You do you.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#31 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:30 am

Snakebites wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
Read on Twitter

We already know what that pick was.

It was in the other post- it's Toronto's 2021 second rounder.

Ahh, yeah good call.

After further review, I want to change my previous statement....

Clippers embarrassed Weaver in this deal, Marks did just fine.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,103

Post#32 » by NYPiston » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:31 am

thesack12 wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
Read on Twitter

Weaver got his ass handed to him in that trade, there's no way to shine that turd.
I was already having a hard time with Kennard for 19 straight up, adding three 2nds (I'll count Hands as a 2nd) is piss poor value, flat out. Close to as bad as the Siravidas trade.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#33 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:32 am

Snakebites wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:McGruder is absolutely mentioned in that tweet. At the bottom.

It's always "entirely merited" from the eyes of the people overreacting. People don't overreact when they don't think it's "entirely merited".

You do you.

FYI, I haven't been one of the people singing the praises of Weaver
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#34 » by LaSheed » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:32 am

Doesn't matter if Bey works.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#35 » by Snakebites » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:33 am

thesack12 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

You do you.

Duly noted.

Not sure what it does to the point I was making, but okie dokie.

But yeah, it is mostly people who already didn't like Kennard for the 19th (which I thought was a rock solid move) who are freaking out here. They're still freaking out though. That's their right, just as it's my right to comment on it.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by edmunder_prc » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:34 am

https://nothinbutnets.com/2020/07/15/a-one-year-check-up-jaylen-hands/

Let’s see how rookie Jaylen Hands is doing for the Brooklyn Nets.
With the 56th pick of the 2019 NBA Draft, the Brooklyn Nets took Jaylen Hands, a point guard from UCLA. It’s been a whole year, but fans have yet to see Hands in action.

Hands was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school. The 6-foot-3 athletic guard showed significant growth in his first season as a full-time starter. He was a vital, powerful player for UCLA and was the team’s primary shot creator. He had notable games as a scorer and as a playmaker during his college tenure.

Hands shared the court with Indiana Pacers guard Aaron Holiday, which ultimately limited his touches and impacted his stats. He averaged 9.9 points, 2.6 assists, and 4 rebounds per game.

Without Holliday, Hands upped most of those averages in his second year, turning in 14.2 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 6.1 assists per game. He displayed elite leadership, scoring, and speed at the college level, which no doubt helped him get drafted. The Nets used a domestic stash on Hands in order to keep him in the G-League but retain him for the 2020-21 season.

With the Long Island Nets, Hands averaged 11.3 points, 3.5 assists, 3.0 rebounds, and 1.0 steals in 22.6 minutes per game. He also shot 35.2% from deep and 41.8% overall while starting 19 of the 41 games he played. Hands’ highest-scoring game came in a competition with the Westchester Knicks on Dec. 11, in which he scored 28 points with 6 rebounds and 5 assists.

Overall, Hands shined in his season with Long Island. He took the skills he came into the league with and improved upon them. These highlights from his game against Westchester demonstrate his prowess as a scorer in the NBA.

Hands knows he has work to do. In an interview with Chris Milholen of SB Nation, he stated:

“‘Yes, I’ve been lifting six days a week. I’ve put a lot of focus on my lower body. I’ve been focusing on my balance. I’ve incorporated sand workouts, running, yoga, and plyometrics (jump training) along with weights. I’ve gained good weight and have reached 190 pounds for the first time in my life. I love the direction I’m heading and I’m feeling great.’”

If Hands puts in the work, he could add layers to the Nets. He could split time with Dinwiddie off the bench, giving the Nets two playmakers on the floor. If they have the opportunity to share the floor, the offense would be reminiscent of the offense that Dinwiddie ran with D’Angelo Russell in 2018-2019 — two primary ball handlers making good offense out of isolation and pick-and-rolls.

The Nets have a chance to use Hands extremely effectively in the lineup. As the franchise’s first domestic stash, the rookie had no pressure to deal with in the G-League because everyone forgot about him. Now, Hands has the chance to make a splash during the 2020-2021 NBA season. He’s ready, so don’t be surprised if he’s scoring buckets in the NBA next year.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#37 » by chrbal » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:35 am

Unless there are protections on some of the 2nds, I don’t get why we had to pay so much. Still like Luke for bey, but this is odd
thesack12
RealGM

Post#38 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:36 am

Snakebites wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:It's always "entirely merited" from the eyes of the people overreacting. People don't overreact when they don't think it's "entirely merited".

You do you.

Duly noted.

"You do you" seems to imply I've been making posts on both sides of the fence out of sheer emotion.

At least that's the way it came off to me, considering the subject matter of the posts we responded to each other in.

In any event its not a big deal.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by edmunder_prc » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:36 am

Snakebites wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:It's always "entirely merited" from the eyes of the people overreacting. People don't overreact when they don't think it's "entirely merited".

You do you.

Duly noted.

But yeah, it is mostly people who already didn't like Kennard for the 19th (which I thought was a rock solid move) who are freaking out here. They're still freaking out though. That's their right, just as it's my right to comment on it.

I love the Kennard for 19/Bey. Many people thought Kennard was worth more and the Pistons were lowballed.

Now it turns out the Pistons had to add 4 second round picks? That seems terrible. I dont think its an over-reaction.

At the same time: Didnt we get the second rounder for "future considerations". Yikes man, what will that be?
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,685

Post#40 » by Cowology » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:40 am

I stopped paying attention to everything a while ago. I dunno who any of these guys are lol. Ima just assume we're gonna be bad again and probably still wind up with a pick in the 8-14 range.

Return to Detroit Pistons