But does he watch basketball?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#102 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:32 am

Just watched this video. One CLEAR difference between Edwards and Wiggins is it looks like Edwards is coming into the game with a good handle already. Wiggins had a crap handle and when he just got it to being okay he was far more dangerous. If this kid has step backs and violent cross overs right now, I'm feeling pretty damn good.

;t=193s
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#103 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:32 am

theGreatRC wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But does he watch basketball?

He's smiling, we are in trouble.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#104 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:50 am

theGreatRC wrote:This edit is dope:

Read on Twitter

Also, this picture makes me incredibly sad. No one should have to lose their mom that young & he lost both of his mother figures...go be great Ant Man!

Read on Twitter

Man that's super depressing.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#105 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:57 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:lol saunders

What up brother?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yeah, I'm cringing at Rosas repeatedly telling Edwards he's gotta get to work now. Edwards ain't stupid, he knows everybody's saying he doesn't have the required work ethic, he knows he's gotta prove 'em wrong, so you don't need to show you bought into the prejudice. If he doesn't put in the work, it's not gonna be because Rosas forgot to tell him he's gotta work hard over the phone video call on the draft night.

Gonna be honest that felt a little condescending. He said it like 4 times. I get it, time to go to work. Sheesh.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#106 » by urinesane » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:Congratulations wolf pack on getting Edwards!!!

I've been watching Antman for years now. I have no doubt in my mind he is going to be on the same level as Mitch Richmond and Bradley Beal, or a rich man's Isiah Rider.

Don't worry about his 3pt shot, he will be hitting 40% from three and 80% from the free throw line in a year or two and he will be an all star for +10 years down the road.

That sounds awesome and I hope it happens.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#107 » by southern wolf » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am

Can this kid play SF? I think that could open up a lot more minutes for him, especially if we bring Beasley back, and I'd love to see how a Rubio/Russell/Edwards/Jauncho/KAT lineup looks.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#108 » by Dual » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am

"The Wolves view Edwards as having position versatility, given his size and strength. They envision him being able to play on the wing or at power forward given the NBA’s propensity to play smaller fours and Edwards’ strength at 6-5, 225 pounds to guard that position."
https://www.startribune.com/wolves-plot-their-next-moves-as-free-agency-begins-friday/573136031/
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#109 » by King Malta » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:26 am

Apparently he's grown an inch too, now listed at 6'6
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#110 » by Dewey » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:45 am

Calinks wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:lol saunders

What up brother?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yeah, I'm cringing at Rosas repeatedly telling Edwards he's gotta get to work now. Edwards ain't stupid, he knows everybody's saying he doesn't have the required work ethic, he knows he's gotta prove 'em wrong, so you don't need to show you bought into the prejudice. If he doesn't put in the work, it's not gonna be because Rosas forgot to tell him he's gotta work hard over the phone video call on the draft night.

Gonna be honest that felt a little condescending. He said it like 4 times. I get it, time to go to work. Sheesh.

:roll: Do we need to call the whambulance?
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,699

Post#111 » by minimus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:35 pm

Dual wrote:"The Wolves view Edwards as having position versatility, given his size and strength. They envision him being able to play on the wing or at power forward given the NBA’s propensity to play smaller fours and Edwards’ strength at 6-5, 225 pounds to guard that position."
https://www.startribune.com/wolves-plot-their-next-moves-as-free-agency-begins-friday/573136031/

I wonder if Vanterpool ever had an opportunity to develop from scratch such a physically gifted prospect into a defensive machine.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#112 » by Baseline81 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:38 pm

Calinks wrote:Just watched this video. One CLEAR difference between Edwards and Wiggins is it looks like Edwards is coming into the game with a good handle already. Wiggins had a crap handle and when he just got it to being okay he was far more dangerous. If this kid has step backs and violent cross overs right now, I'm feeling pretty damn good.

You only now are finding this out?
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#113 » by TheZachAttack » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Dual wrote:"The Wolves view Edwards as having position versatility, given his size and strength. They envision him being able to play on the wing or at power forward given the NBA’s propensity to play smaller fours and Edwards’ strength at 6-5, 225 pounds to guard that position."

Awesome. Maybe not right away, but I absolutely LOVE the idea of Edwards as a small ball 4. He's going to continue to fill out, but if he's a reported 6'6 230 now who will likely fill out even more than that... he'll be as heavy or heavier than most 4's. A lot of 4's now play on the perimeter anyways and those that don't won't be able to post him up (think about how Harden is one of the better post defenders with his frame even against bigs).

On offense, what 4 is going to be able to stay in front of him? He could be absolutely massive for stretches as a small ball 4 in a spaced offense.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,699

Post#114 » by minimus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:31 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:

Awesome. Maybe not right away, but I absolutely LOVE the idea of Edwards as a small ball 4. He's going to continue to fill out, but if he's a reported 6'6 230 now who will likely fill out even more than that... he'll be as heavy or heavier than most 4's. A lot of 4's now play on the perimeter anyways and those that don't won't be able to post him up (think about how Harden is one of the better post defenders with his frame even against bigs).

On offense, what 4 is going to be able to stay in front of him? He could be absolutely massive for stretches as a small ball 4 in a spaced offense.

I always remember that game, when Shabbaz destroyed GSW.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#115 » by Dewey » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:44 pm

minimus wrote:

I wonder if Vanterpool ever had an opportunity to develop from scratch such a physically gifted prospect into a defensive machine.

I agree with this opportunity 100% and I have mentioned before that we need to keep him between the white lines to help him stay engaged - I think defense is a great way to establish this.

Offensively, I'm not too worried ... he's a beast going to the basket and the shot selection will fall into place. Last thing we need to do is micro-manage and create a potentially elite scorer who's hesitant to shoot. Also, another channel where he could be effective is posting up other guards.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#116 » by DaMplsKid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:32 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:

I don't want to see him at the 4 all the time but in some scenarios sure. A line up of Rubio/Dlo/Beasley/Edwards/Towns sounds like to could be great offensively much like what GSW did back in the day with the Curry/Livingston/Thompson/Iggy/Green. However GSW had 3 very good/elite defenders in Thompson/Iggy/Green.

Switches on the wing would be smooth but Towns would really need to be a force on defense and the boards.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#117 » by KGdaBom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:51 pm

minimus wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:

I always remember that game, when Shabbaz destroyed GSW.

That is probably one of my top 5 Wolves memories of all time. Bazz was worth having just for that one game where he single handedly destroyed the best team in NBA history.
Baseline81
Starter

Post#118 » by Baseline81 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Baseline81
Starter

Post#119 » by Baseline81 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Read on Twitter
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#120 » by karch34 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:12 pm

The more you think about his personal life and horrible loss at a young age, switching to basketball in high school, and forgoing Sr. year to play in college, and so on, there's a lot of reasons to root for this kid aside from him being on our team. I think if we set the right structure to help support and develop him he's going to be a very good player.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves