Image ImageImage Image

Finalizing Roster for 20-21

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Re: Finalizing Roster for 20-21 

Post#41 » by TeamMan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:35 pm

kodo wrote:Otto should be spending a good deal of time at the 4, because that's the NBA these days. Playing actual PFs at the PF spot is just falling into a trap the other 29 teams have figured out already.

Watching Chicago try to match up with Boston and having Lauri Markkanen try to check Jaylen Brown out in space is just laughable. And I can't blame Lauri, he was just set up to fail by coaching & the organization.

At least half of these bigs need to be off the roster, regardless if we get anything back or not.

I think that Young will get most of the spare minutes at PF.

Something else to consider is that Williams mostly played PF in college.

So, don't be surprised if you see him there (maybe more than at SF). One of his big pluses is as a weak-side defender. He can cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#42 » by Red8911 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:46 pm

kodo wrote:Otto should be spending a good deal of time at the 4, because that's the NBA these days. Playing actual PFs at the PF spot is just falling into a trap the other 29 teams have figured out already.

Watching Chicago try to match up with Boston and having Lauri Markkanen try to check Jaylen Brown out in space is just laughable. And I can't blame Lauri, he was just set up to fail by coaching & the organization.

At least half of these bigs need to be off the roster, regardless if we get anything back or not.

I disagree, why can’t Lauri take advantage of someone smaller than him like Brown? Lauri should be able to post up on him and comfortably shoot over him with his height advantage. Works both ways.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#43 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Otto will be playing at 3 because we have no perimeter forwards unless you think Hutch is gonna be that guy. And same goes to Williams. He will either be 3 or he will be relegated to be essentially nothing. Cause Lauri aint playing 5 and WCJ aint playing 4. And Thad aint be traded so he will still be 4 here.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#44 » by TeamMan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:56 pm

Chi town wrote:If we are healthy lots of guys won't be seeing the floor.

Our greatest need is a vet PG. Sato is not a PG. At all.

Another note....

I completely forgot about Devon Dotson.

He's on a 2-way contract and will most likely see some time with the Bulls.

This could be AK's way of dealing with the hole at backup PG.

And most likely his plan is to see how Dotson looks before making a big move for a veteran PG.

IMO all of these moves point to AK not signing any FAs unless the Bulls get into serious trouble early in the season.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#45 » by sco » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:09 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

YAY he can hit corner 3's!
:clap:
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#46 » by StunnerKO » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#47 » by gobullschi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:39 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’ve always wanted him on the Bulls. Seems like a good project center that could be had at little cost.
Davell
Junior
And1: 242

Post#48 » by Davell » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Mokoka is on a two way deal, for whoever asked that on the first page. Currently, we have one roster spot open, of our 15.

The Bulls have a full mid level exception starting at 9.3 mill they can use and they also have a bi annual exception of 3.6 mill they can use as well.

If they choose to use the mid level, they can spread it around to multiple players or give it all to one.

AK said he’s looking for shooters last night. And that they’ll be very picky.

They can free up a roster spot by making an uneven trade and/or they can cut players.

Personally, I think they’ll trade Thad for a PG. Then I see them probably making another small trade or 2, along with using the full mid level on a single player. Bottom line is I’d put the over/under on new faces on our 15 man roster come opening night at 4.5.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#49 » by cjbulls » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:29 am

Davell wrote:Mokoka is on a two way deal, for whoever asked that on the first page. Currently, we have one roster spot open, of our 15.

The Bulls have a full mid level exception starting at 9.3 mill they can use and they also have a bi annual exception of 3.6 mill they can use as well.

If they choose to use the mid level, they can spread it around to multiple players or give it all to one.

AK said he’s looking for shooters last night. And that they’ll be very picky.

They can free up a roster spot by making an uneven trade and/or they can cut players.

Personally, I think they’ll trade Thad for a PG. Then I see them probably making another small trade or 2, along with using the full mid level on a single player. Bottom line is I’d put the over/under on new faces on our 15 man roster come opening night at 4.5.

My count shows they have 15 with Patrick Williams. And the two 2-ways are locked in with Dotson and Mokoka.
Davell
Junior
And1: 242

Post#50 » by Davell » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:46 am

No, it’s 14. Not sure who you may have that’s not on there now.... The roster is Lauri, Zach, Coby, Wendell, Otto, Williams, Thad, Sato, Denzel, Arcidiacano, Kornet, Felicio, Hutchison, and Gafford.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#51 » by TheStig » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:00 am

Red8911 wrote:

I disagree, why can’t Lauri take advantage of someone smaller than him like Brown? Lauri should be able to post up on him and comfortably shoot over him with his height advantage. Works both ways.

Keyword there is should...... but he doesn't.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#52 » by TheStig » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:03 am

sco wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That would be a huge plus. It's the biggest knock against him to me. If he's a reliable 3 pt shooter, he just become much more valuable.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#53 » by ZOMG » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:07 am

TheStig wrote:
sco wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That would be a huge plus. It's the biggest knock against him to me. If he's a reliable 3 pt shooter, he just become much more valuable.

All NBA players can hit threes in an empty gym. Literally.

I'm hoping as much as the next idiot that Wendell comes out with an improved shot - then again, he didn't last season, and I'm sure he practiced all the same things then.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,407

Post#54 » by Indomitable » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:32 am

I vote Lauri off the Island
:banghead:
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,407

Post#55 » by Indomitable » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:33 am

gobullschi wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’ve always wanted him on the Bulls. Seems like a good project center that could be had at little cost.

This is a joke right.
:banghead:
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#56 » by PlayerUp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Unless Donovan can flip this roster, we'll be a lottery team again which is fine. 2021 draft is stacked and this year is the start of our true rebuild which began when Gar/Pax were finally canned.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#57 » by gobullschi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Indomitable wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is a joke right.

No. Calm down. We’re talking about at a third string center (ala Kornet). The kid has some potential.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#58 » by ZOMG » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:12 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

This is a joke right.

No. Calm down. We’re talking about at a third string center (ala Kornet). The kid has some potential.

Kid?? He's like 27 years old!!! :lol: You are what you are at that age.

And don't give me that crap about Maker being 19 when he was drafted. There's enough compelling evidence out there saying he was much older.
Loclown
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Post#59 » by Loclown » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:22 pm

If CHI wants to win, they'd play Young over Lauri. He's better.
Who else thinks they could draft better than all Chicago teams?
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#60 » by gobullschi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:27 pm

ZOMG wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Indomitable wrote:This is a joke right.

Kid?? He's like 27 years old!!! :lol: You are what you are at that age.

And don't give me that crap about Maker being 19 when he was drafted. There's enough compelling evidence out there saying he was much older.

Big men develop late. I’m going off the basis that he’s 23 years old. I’m not buying that BS about his age. IF he really is actually 27 years old then I would pass.

Return to Chicago Bulls