ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon - In or Out?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Is Aaron Gordon a Building Block for Magic

Yes, Keep him, he still has potential
25%
No, Trade him, we know what he is
75%

Total votes: 83

Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,530

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#401 » by Rainwater » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 am

yoyojw17 wrote:https://www.blazersedge.com/2020/11/17/21572013/aaron-gordon-trade-rumors-robert-covington-portland-trail-blazers-nba-2020

According to this article... For those that discussed the haul that houston got for Robert covington.... And those that said the AG wouldn't get as much.... Apparently this package was initially offered to orlando and they said "nah". So.... Let's see where they do value AG at and what they would accept... If they do so.

This is a pretty fair deal for AG. Two likely late first and expiring I don't know what the magic are expecting.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#402 » by Rainwater » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:03 am

Btw GSW got their guy in Kelly Oubre finally.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#403 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:06 am

I know no one here wants to hear it. I’m not offering it as something I want but rather just looking at what’s available ...

AG for Demar Derozen?

Devin Vassell owns that spot now. We need a SF for one year until Isaac gets back and it would be good to shed a year of salary.

Next up, move Evan for younger pieces and get the rebuild into full gear for Summer 2021.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#404 » by thelead » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:07 am

Rainwater wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:https://www.blazersedge.com/2020/11/17/21572013/aaron-gordon-trade-rumors-robert-covington-portland-trail-blazers-nba-2020

According to this article... For those that discussed the haul that houston got for Robert covington.... And those that said the AG wouldn't get as much.... Apparently this package was initially offered to orlando and they said "nah". So.... Let's see where they do value AG at and what they would accept... If they do so.

This is a pretty fair deal for AG. Two likely late first and expiring I don't know what the magic are expecting.

A potential starter or a pick that can likely attain one? We would be giving up a solid young starter on a good contract.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#405 » by thelead » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:08 am

MagicFan101 wrote:I know no one here wants to hear it. I’m not offering it as something I want but rather just looking at what’s available ...

AG for Demar Derozen?

Devin Vassell owns that spot now. We need a SF for one year until Isaac gets back and it would be good to shed a year of salary.

Next up, move Evan for younger pieces and get the rebuild into full gear for Summer 2021.

You should feel bad about even bringing that up :lol:
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#406 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:13 am

thelead wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I know no one here wants to hear it. I’m not offering it as something I want but rather just looking at what’s available ...

AG for Demar Derozen?

You should feel bad about even bringing that up :lol:

I don’t. It feels like something WeHam would do.

We need a small forward without long term risk.

We are (pretty much) openly trying to move on from AG and Evan.

Spurs and Derozen are mutually trying to part ways.

... again, not what I want to happen. Just trying to forecast what might happen.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#407 » by Rainwater » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:26 am

thelead wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

A potential starter or a pick that can likely attain one? We would be giving up a solid young starter on a good contract.

If you are trading AG it's likely that you are trying to rebuild so getting assets and expiring contracts is more than fair to me. And one of those picks can likely get you a player with similar production to what AG can provide. I really think the magic are over valuing AG. I think Covington is just as good if not better than AG. I really don't think you can do better than what was provided for him. Guys like a AG are a dime a dozen if you are asking for too much team will move on to the Oubres and Covingtons of the world.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#408 » by Knightro » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:34 am

Wings the Magic could trade Gordon for 1 for 1...

Caris LeVert
Zach LaVine
Will Barton
Bojan Bogdanovic
Bogdan Bogdanović in a sign and trade?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#409 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:44 am

Knightro wrote:Wings the Magic could trade Gordon for 1 for 1...

Caris LeVert
Zach LaVine
Will Barton
Bojan Bogdanovic

You think Zach Lavine is available?

I have never been a fan of his style but his ability to score in volumes is very much needed here.

I just don’t see it with Lauri and Carter still there.
Dub_Sax
Rookie
And1: 111

Post#410 » by Dub_Sax » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:52 am

Caris LeVert
Zach LaVine
Will Barton
Bojan Bogdanovic
It'd be cool to get levert. Leaving the magic with a PF rotation of aminu, okeke and clark. I guess birch could fill in too. Everybody cool with that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Dub_Sax
Rookie

Post#411 » by Dub_Sax » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 am

Dub_Sax wrote:

Caris LeVert
Zach LaVine
Will Barton
Bojan Bogdanovic
It'd be cool to get levert. Leaving the magic with a PF rotation of aminu, okeke and clark. I guess birch could fill in too. Everybody cool with that?

On the other side, ag with kd and kyrie might be kinda dope!

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#412 » by MagicMatic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:33 am

Caris LeVert
Zach LaVine
Will Barton
Bojan Bogdanovic

I think LeVert + filler makes sense for AG should Harden discussions stop. I just don’t think if the money adds up.

Looking at Denver, Will Barton + Monte Morris for a Fournier makes sense.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#413 » by Xatticus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:39 am

MagicMatic wrote:

Caris LeVert
Zach LaVine
Will Barton
Bojan Bogdanovic

I think LeVert + filler makes sense for AG should Harden discussions stop. I just don’t think if the money adds up.

That looks great for us. What does Denver get out of it?
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#414 » by MagicMatic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:59 am

Xatticus wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Caris LeVert
Zach LaVine
Will Barton
Bojan Bogdanovic

That looks great for us. What does Denver get out of it?

Maybe we can toss them one of our 6 power forwards considering Plumlee, Vonleh, Grant, and Millsap are all in free agency talks.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#415 » by Bensational » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:06 am

Gotta imagine Denver would prefer to send Harris out in a deal for Fournier. I don't want Harris and don't think that value matches, so I'd want them to include one of their decent bench youth pieces like Dozier. Morris is good but he's a RFA right? And we just drafted Cole so not sure they'd fit together.
Dub_Sax
Rookie

Post#416 » by Dub_Sax » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:18 am

I believe the magic would but wonder if the nets would do ag for levert and kurucs?

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#417 » by EasternMagic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:04 am

Rainwater wrote:

I don't think you're wrong, and I think that's exactly why we shouldn't trade him right now. I think the path to trade AG was to move up in the draft to grab a guy who you think could have star potential. That didn't happen. Now, I don't think the return on trading AG would be worth it. The "AG is still young!' and "AG showed flashes!" stories are broken records at this stage of his career... but they are still kind of true. Post-draft, I'd rather WeltHam mess around with the SF/SG position and (unlikely I know) space the floor out more and see how AG reacts. Two late 1st rounders and a role player. I'll pass right now. AG has still never had a complimentary forward to play with. I, maybe ignorantly, refuse to give up on him until I can see him in the PF spot with a complimentary SF.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#418 » by Skybox » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 am

Rainwater wrote:Btw GSW got their guy in Kelly Oubre finally.

Finally? 30 seconds after Klay’s injury, they snatch the guy we danced with for 8 months.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#419 » by pepe1991 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Skybox wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Btw GSW got their guy in Kelly Oubre finally.

Finally? 30 seconds after Klay’s injury, they snatch the guy we danced with for 8 months.

Oubre isn't really guy any team really needs. He is high usage, very average efficiency scorer he doesn't seem to care about anything but own shots ( khm similar to player Magic just drafted).

Suns went to their win streak in bubble in same time he was out, in same time they were in general playing better without him. He is simply one hungry mouth on offense to feed so ball is being moved more (especially because Rubio last year ) and Booker showed nice flashes of player that can make right basketball decisions. Oubre is opposite of that. He is selfish ball hog that kills ball movment.

When he was with Wizards he had lowest assist rate on whole team, including stiff wood- backup center Mahinmi.
In mean time, as bench player on Wizards, he lead team in touches per possession.

Fans tend to defend such one-dimensional players with "that's his role, he is agressive" type of bull**** arguments, but in reality only few nba players are even good enough to be nothing but finishers once they get a ball ( tbh i can't name any that are not elite spot up shooters or rim running centers ). Oubre isn't any of that. He is wing player that isn't fitting 3 and D role ( because he doesn't defend) and in same time he isn't some elite, knockdown shooter. Being career 32,9% for 3.
Modern basketball is "positionless " (but in reality really isn't) but has very specific set of roles that are filled:
ballhandler,screener, 3 and D, rim protector/rim runner, shooter. If you are non of it, it's very, very hard to be useful or be on high demand on open market.

Ofc if Magic traded him and i posted this, i would be called hater :lol:

As far as Warriors go. Draymoond Green, Wiggins, Curry, Oubre. Yea.. This team is missing playoffs.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Dub_Sax
Rookie

Post#420 » by Dub_Sax » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:45 am

Whoa.. maybe we should have taken Portland's draft night trade offer

From nba.com Eastern offseason power rankings

• Aaron Gordon's field goal percentage (107-for-367, 29.2%) and effective field goal percentage (39.1%) on shots from outside the paint were both the second worst marks among 190 players with at least 200 field goal attempts from the outside (not including backcourt shots).

Return to Orlando Magic