Welcome Seth Curry

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Welcome Seth Curry 

Post#1 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:25 am

How good can this guy be?

Lead the league in catch and shoot 3s at 49%.

Averages 44.3% on 3s for his career.

They say he can be the league’s best 3pt shooter.

He’s only 29. At his age, JJ just moved from Mil to Clips and was just averaging 15ppg. Both can be just as good at the same age.

JJ had his best years with us. At age 33 and 34, averaging 17-18ppg.

We always knew JJ is a rental, because of his age. We tried finding the next JJ in Shamet and Milton. But I think we can have our younger and potentially better JJ in Seth.

Seth played well on the Clips series. Mavs were -26 NetRtg when he’s off the court. And +3 NetRtg when he’s on the court.

I wont be surprised if Seth averages 15-18ppg for us next season. This is just a tremendous opportunity for Seth.

Why Seth Curry can be the best low usage scorer of all time
This may like a ridiculous statement, but the stats back it up. This is NOT an overreaction to his perfect shooting performance last night, but rather a long-standing belief about my favorite player in the league.

Many people think Seth Curry is just a shooter, but this is far from the truth. Seth is one of the most versatile offensive players in the league, allowing him to take advantage of the many varied opportunities next to Luka in the Mavs flow offense. let’s look at his case as an elite low-usage scorer:

AT THE RIM

Seth shoots 72% at the rim (82 percentile), which is considered elite for a guard. He is great at abusing mismatches brought by the mavs offense and creating his own shots. He’s in the 90th percentile in efficiency scoring off drives and the 75th percentile scoring in PnR. He has a lot of skill controlling the big man on the inside, having the ability to freeze the big at the rim by feinting an attack, only to hit a short fade or hit him with a deadly floater.

IN THE MIDRANGE

Seth is 1st in the league in midrange fg% (minimum 50 attempts) at 57% on above average volume. He has one of the most accurate middy floaters in the league, and he is deadly on long 2s, shooting 56% from 16ft-3p, good for 3rd in the league. To put it simply, he’s the best low-usage midrange player in the NBA

FROM 3

I know I don’t have to tell anyone this, but Seth is an all-time great shooter. He is 2nd all-time in career 3p% 44.3% and 2nd this season in 3p% at 45.3%. He is always ready to pull the trigger, averaging 7.1 3p attempts per 36, and his movement off ball, as well as the defense Luka draws, creates plenty of opportunity.

After reading about his incredible efficiency on every part of the floor, it may not surprise you that, if he had enough minutes to qualify, Seth would be 11th all-time in career ts%, right behind Reggie Miller
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Re: Welcome Seth Curry 

Post#2 » by TTP » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:05 am

He has the highest 3 point percentage of all time since they moved the line back (Kerr has the only higher percentage overall).
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#3 » by sodmoraes » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:14 pm

He will probably add 2 assists to Ben' s average this year. He( and Green) will make our "big 3" life so easier, than last year, so much more space.

Cant see why he cant be better than JJ here. He seems to have some pg skills too, and can shoot from the dribble. I predict he will have monster impact. And his contract is so good, a really underrated part of the trade.

Jrich may be the better player, but Curry's impact here will be way better .

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,983

Post#4 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Seth Curry can be a major weapon if Doc can use him properly. We will see.

I will say if people on the board complain about his defense don't. It's doc job to mix in Simmons and Thybulle in to hide him if he is getting exposed on defense that is doc's fault.
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#5 » by sodmoraes » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:01 pm

He seems to be really good shooting mid range jumpers and close to the rim.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/hxbfye/why_seth_curry_can_be_the_best_low_usage_scorer/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#6 » by phillynative » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:06 pm

So i think he has some 3 level ability . If he is chased off the 3pt line, which is a underrated part of his game. Im wondering about his passing abiliity . I know hes not a PG but can he get Embiid the ball in the halfcourt?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#7 » by youngcrev » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:48 pm

He's 30, so I'd say we have a pretty good of what he is, which is an elite spot up shooter that doesn't provide much else. Can hit shots off the dribble in the event of a close out.b Can effort his way into being a passable defender in spite of being a minus athlete. Can be a secondary ball handler. Should be a nice piece to play off of Ben and Jo.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#8 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:07 pm

sodmoraes wrote:He seems to be really good shooting mid range jumpers and close to the rim.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/hxbfye/why_seth_curry_can_be_the_best_low_usage_scorer/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Lol

Why Seth Curry can be the best low usage scorer of all time
This may like a ridiculous statement, but the stats back it up. This is NOT an overreaction to his perfect shooting performance last night, but rather a long-standing belief about my favorite player in the league.

Many people think Seth Curry is just a shooter, but this is far from the truth. Seth is one of the most versatile offensive players in the league, allowing him to take advantage of the many varied opportunities next to Luka in the Mavs flow offense. let’s look at his case as an elite low-usage scorer:

AT THE RIM

Seth shoots 72% at the rim (82 percentile), which is considered elite for a guard. He is great at abusing mismatches brought by the mavs offense and creating his own shots. He’s in the 90th percentile in efficiency scoring off drives and the 75th percentile scoring in PnR. He has a lot of skill controlling the big man on the inside, having the ability to freeze the big at the rim by feinting an attack, only to hit a short fade or hit him with a deadly floater.

IN THE MIDRANGE

Seth is 1st in the league in midrange fg% (minimum 50 attempts) at 57% on above average volume. He has one of the most accurate middy floaters in the league, and he is deadly on long 2s, shooting 56% from 16ft-3p, good for 3rd in the league. To put it simply, he’s the best low-usage midrange player in the NBA

FROM 3

I know I don’t have to tell anyone this, but Seth is an all-time great shooter. He is 2nd all-time in career 3p% 44.3% and 2nd this season in 3p% at 45.3%. He is always ready to pull the trigger, averaging 7.1 3p attempts per 36, and his movement off ball, as well as the defense Luka draws, creates plenty of opportunity.

After reading about his incredible efficiency on every part of the floor, it may not surprise you that, if he had enough minutes to qualify, Seth would be 11th all-time in career ts%, right behind Reggie Miller
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#9 » by Heezzi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:19 pm

phillynative wrote:So i think he has some 3 level ability . If he is chased off the 3pt line, which is a underrated part of his game. Im wondering about his passing abiliity . I know hes not a PG but can he get Embiid the ball in the halfcourt?

Easily. KP didn't start shining until he started playing 2 man with Curry.

With his addition, 76ers will become a better version of the team that the Mavericks wanted to be.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#10 » by Arsenal » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Need to up his usage big time. He should be out there for almost all of Ben's minutes. I'm talking 30 mpg w/a green light to chuck at will.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#11 » by Rastas » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Leagues best 3point shooter joining up with the leagues best 3point assister, hmmmm look out record books.

Sent from my SM-G986B using RealGM mobile app
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#12 » by Kobblehead » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:57 pm

phillynative wrote:So i think he has some 3 level ability .

No chance. He's a maxed out 30 year old that has never been able to score off the dribble. He's just another Eddie House.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#13 » by phillynative » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:25 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
phillynative wrote:So i think he has some 3 level ability .

No chance. He's a maxed out 30 year old that has never been able to score off the dribble. He's just another Eddie House.

Ofcourse hes maxed out im just saying he knows what to do with the ball if they take away the 3 which mean he can pull up and is crafty around the rim. So he is more than a jodie meeks or isaiah caanan who could do nothing with the ball at all.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#14 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:58 am

Seth was traded because Clips attacked him relentlessly when he’s on the court.

I think you can hide him. And I think Mavs were able to do that with his high on vs off NetRtg.

I think the issue is you can’t have Seth and Doncic both at the same time because both are liabilities and you’d prefer one of them to defend the PG. Mavs would prefer Luka defending a guy like Beverly over Kawhi.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#15 » by Heezzi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:38 pm

76ciology wrote:Seth was traded because Clips attacked him relentlessly when he’s on the court.

I think you can hide him. And I think Mavs were able to do that with his high on vs off NetRtg.

I think the issue is you can’t have Seth and Doncic both at the same time because both are liabilities and you’d prefer one of them to defend the PG. Mavs would prefer Luka defending a guy like Beverly over Kawhi.

Yet they signed Burke who had worse defense than Curry, and still have 3 guards shorter than him.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,484

Post#16 » by elchengue20 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:59 pm

Perfect player to play next to Simmons.

And we can hide him defensively relatively well in most games.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#17 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:07 pm

We should have the personnel between Ben, Thybulle, Embiid, Green, and Howard to mitigate against Curry being a liability on defense.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#18 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:18 pm

sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#19 » by sixers hoops » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm

He play primarily off the ball? I am not a huge fan of Simmons as our primary PG, but it seems like our best PGs at the moment are Shake and Ben.

If Danny Green starts at the two, then I imagine Ben is our primary point guard. Seth defends ones on defense.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#20 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:27 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:We should have the personnel between Ben, Thybulle, Embiid, Green, and Howard to mitigate against Curry being a liability on defense.

You can't hide bad defenders anymore. Nobody fights through screens. Every team in the league switches everything.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers