And1: 1,749

Re: Nuggets - Potential FA Signing 

Post#81 » by nolang1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:23 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
DaFan334 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That could be an interesting one. He can score.

Know it sounds biased, but the guy is only 5'11", hope he's a jet on the court.

I had him as a first rounder. Whether you're 5'11 or 6'2 you're going to be a defensive liability in the playoffs either way, and Howard is an elite shooter both on and off the ball. I see him as the guard version of someone like Boban where certain matchups won't work for him but in the ones that do, he can win a game you'd have no business winning otherwise by hitting 5+ threes off the bench.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#82 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:58 pm

nolang1 wrote:
Spoiler:
skywalker33 wrote:
DaFan334 wrote:
That could be an interesting one. He can score.

I had him as a first rounder. Whether you're 5'11 or 6'2 you're going to be a defensive liability in the playoffs either way, and Howard is an elite shooter both on and off the ball. I see him as the guard version of someone like Boban where certain matchups won't work for him but in the ones that do, he can win a game you'd have no business winning otherwise by hitting 5+ threes off the bench.

I took a quick look at his stats - I'll admit to not having looked at him before. It appears he doesn't hit 3s at a very high percentage.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#83 » by nolang1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:14 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Spoiler:
skywalker33 wrote:

I took a quick look at his stats - I'll admit to not having looked at him before. It appears he doesn't hit 3s at a very high percentage.

Lol what could you possibly be looking at? He shot 41% on over 10 attempts per game this past season. JJ Redick is the only major conference player to make more threes in a college career, and Howard shot a higher percentage than him. Probably looked up some random "Marcus Howard" or something.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:23 pm

nolang1 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Spoiler:

Lol what could you possibly be looking at? He shot 41% on over 10 attempts per game this past season. JJ Redick is the only major conference player to make more threes in a college career, and Howard shot a higher percentage than him. Probably looked up some random "Marcus Howard" or something.

Oops, maybe our threads are crossed - I was referring to Facu Campazzo.
I like Markus Howard's shooting - a LOT!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#85 » by THE J0KER » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 am

Read on Twitter

This is obviously related to Jeramy Grant but can be also directed to the guys like Hayward or Bogdanovic, which we can't sign without trading Barton and Harris previously.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#86 » by DaFan334 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I took a quick look at his stats - I'll admit to not having looked at him before. It appears he doesn't hit 3s at a very high percentage.

Oops, maybe our threads are crossed - I was referring to Facu Campazzo.
I like Markus Howard's shooting - a LOT!

lol, I was wondering for a second. Howard could be Isaiah Thomas like. The dude can shoot and has a chip on his shoulder. Might be some instant offense off the bench. The Boban comparison might be accurate.

As for Campazzo, he seems like an odd fit mainly because of his lack of shooting and size. I almost question him being NBA caliber but I might be wrong. We seem to always be the rumored destinations for euro point guards wanting to come over. Miloš Teodosić comes to mind in recent memory.

The biggest question, how do you pronounce Facu? That might get Hastings into trouble...
Manolito
Senior
And1: 389

Post#87 » by Manolito » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 am

What about Jamychal Green? I think he can help guarding Davis and spacing the floor. He won´t be cheap though, he declined 5M player option
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#88 » by TunaFish » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Just a reminder, free agency begins Nov 20 at 6 pm eastern time.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#89 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:59 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is obviously related to Jeramy Grant but can be also directed to the guys like Hayward or Bogdanovic, which we can't sign without trading Barton and Harris previously.

Where did you get Hayward from? All reports I have seen show the Knicks and Hawks as being the ones to offer him big money, and I hope we do not offer him a long big contract. He is more injury prone than Harris and Barton. Also he just opted out of Boston because he did not like his role as the 3rd option, why would he come here?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Manolito wrote:What about Jamychal Green? I think he can help guarding Davis and spacing the floor. He won´t be cheap though, he declined 5M player option

I doubt he will sign for more than $5 million a year, he probably just wants a longer term contract since he is 30 and it is likely his last chance.

Green is someone I was interested in a long time ago and still like as a bench 4. The issue is that if you sign him than you have him competing for minutes with Bol, KBD, Nnaji, and Cancar. We all know Malone will play the veteran so that kind of hurts our long term growth. Now if we could pick him up at the deadline after we see what we have with the young guys, than that may be interesting.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#91 » by THE J0KER » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:19 pm

The Rebel wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Read on Twitter

Where did you get Hayward from? All reports I have seen show the Knicks and Hawks as being the ones to offer him big money, and I hope we do not offer him a long big contract. He is more injury prone than Harris and Barton. Also he just opted out of Boston because he did not like his role as the 3rd option, why would he come here?

Nowhere! I just checked the 2020 FA list to look for "versatility, IQ and toughness" profiles.
cappuccino
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#92 » by cappuccino » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:34 pm

anything about campazzo?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nowhere! I just checked the 2020 FA list to look for "versatility, IQ and toughness" profiles.

I see. I was just wondering as I have wanted Hayward with Jokic since before he signed with the Celtics, but with the rumors and reports coming out of Boston I doubt we are a fit for what he wants and I do not want his next contract.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:38 pm

cappuccino wrote:anything about campazzo?

Last reports I read is that the Nuggets are the front runner for him and both sides are very interested but nothing has been worked out as of yet.
cappuccino
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#95 » by cappuccino » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:41 pm

in argentina its a done deal
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:06 pm

cappuccino wrote:in argentina its a done deal

Not a surprise, our local reporters are usually the last to report deals being done, and a euro league player is not going to garner much attention on the day free agency starts. It will be interesting to see if we trade Morris to clear room for him though.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#97 » by TunaFish » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm

I am surprised we have interest in Millsap.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Canned in Denver.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#98 » by Mickey8 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:24 pm

I think Bjelica could be a nice back up PF option, If you can get him for cheap. He's a very good three point shooter, he can facilitate a bit, I think Denver should try to get him.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#99 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I think Bjelica could be a nice back up PF option, If you can get him for cheap. He's a very good three point shooter, he can facilitate a bit, I think Denver should try to get him.

Bjelica could be a nice addition, he has a decent 3-pt shot but the Kings just guaranteed his $7,1M contract, not sure if it's to keep him or just keep his as a trade asset
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:27 pm

TunaFish wrote:I am surprised we have interest in Millsap.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'm not surprised. I expected Denver to be interested but only at a significantly reduced rate. He's made his money off from Denver and if he's willing to stay at something around the MLE, it would be nice IMO. The problem is, Malone will probably want to start him and play him too many minutes. With all of his injury issues, and because I'd like to see our younger players get more playing time in order to develop; I'd rather see Millsap playing 15-20 mpg. Hopefully then he can play more games.
skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:I think Bjelica could be a nice back up PF option, If you can get him for cheap. He's a very good three point shooter, he can facilitate a bit, I think Denver should try to get him.

Bjelica could be a nice addition, he has a decent 3-pt shot but the Kings just guaranteed his $7,1M contract, not sure if it's to keep him or just keep his as a trade asset

Bjeclica would be a nice PF - but he's somewhat similar to Jokic on the defensive end and somewhat similar to Porter on the offensive end. Like Millsap, I wouldn't object if he didn't get too many minutes and he didn't take too much money.

Salary is probably not going to be a major issue this year, but next year and beyond, it will be an issue.

Return to Denver Nuggets