ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft - We have a FRP!....for now

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: 2020 NBA Draft - We have a FRP!....for now 

Post#1781 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:12 pm

Per 100 possessions last year Precious averaged 28 and 19

Lol
Read on Twitter
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,969

Post#1782 » by DayofMourning » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:16 pm

HerroBalls wrote:Per 100 possessions last year Precious averaged 28 and 19

Lol

He was a beast rebounder. I was comparing him to all the other "big" men in this draft and he was right there at the top. Memphis was considered by many to be the best defensive team in the draft, and that was in large part to Achiuwa.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,495

Post#1783 » by Bishop45 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:31 pm

Pretty impressive that Edwards fumbled the drafting process so terribly and still went #1-- would love to understand that one

Deni and Winston on Wiz-- not shabby, not shabby
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#1784 » by QUIZ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Pretty impressive that Edwards fumbled the drafting process so terribly and still went #1-- would love to understand that one

I mean they're the same team that traded for Wiggins Bish. Edwards is right up their ally :lol:
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1785 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:08 am

Precious Achiuwa falling to 20 makes sense. Only big man that had a worst jumpshot than him that was drafted in the 1st round was probably Udoka Azubuike. I think we drafted him over prospects like Maxey and Terry because we saw an opportunity to improve our defense. I would've went with Terry. I don't think Achiuwa will be a good offensive player but I still like the pick.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,495

Post#1786 » by Bishop45 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:28 am

QUIZ wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Pretty impressive that Edwards fumbled the drafting process so terribly and still went #1-- would love to understand that one

I mean they're the same team that traded for Wiggins Bish. Edwards is right up their ally :lol:

Folks were calling Wiggins a better asset than Kawhi at the time, and he literally just came off of his first FMVP(!)

I don't blame Wolves for that. This ain't that tho. This is sitting in a lions mouth hoping not to get clipped. I wish them well.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1787 » by puppa bear » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:43 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I watched that to the finish. That's a good looking jumper. We got lucky that he fell. Really fluid athlete. I totally get the Kawhi out of college vibe. Not saying he's Kawhi, just the feel is similar.

Can’t remember where, but I saw a video where they said he was like “I want to be like Kawhi”. If he can go at it with that mentality of continuous improvement and commitment the Heat development program, then he could be the steal Givony and a few others have called him.

This is a draft that will have a 3-year redraft that looks crazy different, and some of the longest careers and highest career WS will come from outside the top 5 or so picks.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1788 » by DayofMourning » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 pm

puppa bear wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I watched that to the finish. That's a good looking jumper. We got lucky that he fell. Really fluid athlete. I totally get the Kawhi out of college vibe. Not saying he's Kawhi, just the feel is similar.

Can’t remember where, but I saw a video where they said he was like “I want to be like Kawhi”. If he can go at it with that mentality of continuous improvement and commitment the Heat development program, then he could be the steal Givony and a few others have called him.

This is a draft that will have a 3-year redraft that looks crazy different, and some of the longest careers and highest career WS will come from outside the top 5 or so picks.

I think you're right. I was not impressed from the top of the first round at all. However, from picks 20-40, I thought you had a very underrated group of players who could flip this draft on its head.
heater4life
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,758

Post#1789 » by heater4life » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Precious was a player I loved for the Heat and I was thoroughly surprised he fell into their laps. I believe he’s going to be another Heat pick people look back at and wonder how he dropped to 20.

His strengths are going to benefit from NBA spacing and shooting, he’ll have more space as a roll man and as a straight line driver with his decent handle. Defense and switch ability, with this team, we know will fit like a glove.

His weakness I believe will improve greatly within the Heat coaching system, scheme, and his initial role with the team. His free throw shooting has a base and balance issue that should be improved through coaching, he tends to use his arms for leverage and leans forward nearly losing balance. His shooting similarly should improve after correct his base issue, ironically though it looks better than his free throws. His main issue there seems to be something we’re familiar with Duncan, hesitance. Many of his attempts he double clutch’s, jab steps, dribbles, or just hesitates before launching, completely destroying his rhythm. Curious to see if he comes out shooting 3pts a lot better than he did in college out of the gate once Spo and staff start incouraging him to fire away in rhythm when open.

Turnovers, passing and IQ plays will take time to see if he develops a better feel for the game. But If there’s any team that tends to develop that before all else it’s Miami. I think this guy is a HUGE get in the draft. Can’t wait.
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1790 » by DrHeat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:56 pm

I have been watching some film on Achiuwa. We got ourselves a really good player. This kid talent is top 5 in this draft. He appears more advanced in the perimeter than Bam at the same stage including ball handling and taking threes on actual games. I don't think he is as good a passer as Bam since the starting playing basketball late but he runs the floor faster and appears to be even an higher level athlete.

Jimmy, Bam, Achiuwa, Crowder ... those are some tough guys to go against

I honestly think that we our program this kid will be become a start in 3-4 years.
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,896

Post#1791 » by HeatingUp3 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Precious is goin with No.15. thats the thing im worried about. Blount was no.15 right? Lol
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1792 » by puppa bear » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:53 pm

HeatingUp3 wrote:Precious is goin with No.15. thats the thing im worried about. Blount was no.15 right? Lol

Our three young Heatlifers: 13, 14, 15. All three about the Culture, all three gonna be stars. /homerrant
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1793 » by DayofMourning » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Thats cool that he chose 15. Fun trend.
heater4life
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,758

Post#1794 » by heater4life » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:56 pm

HeatingUp3 wrote:Precious is goin with No.15. thats the thing im worried about. Blount was no.15 right? Lol

Blount???

You forgot of the man in which odes are sung of his glory. He who’s enemies still tremble and cower in fear. The omnipotent, the masterful, the glorious.....

MARIO CHALMERS!

In remembrance of the goat, it is said Precious shall dedicate his first possession in his honor by dribbling off of his foot.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#1795 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
loserX wrote:We do have a winners/losers thread already that is worth checking out, but not all of us are fans of teams that were clearly top winners or clearly losers.

So for everyone: who was your team, and how would you grade their draft day? How did it match your expectations? Is there anything they should have done, but didn't? Is there anything they shouldn't have done, but did? Any other thoughts on your team's performance?

The Knicks Draftgrade F-

1. Needed help at point guard plus defense and long range shooting. Tyrese Hailliburton falls into their laps at 8 and Devin Vassell is available. Pass on both to draft Obi Toppin who is neither a point guard, a long range shooter or has any defensive upside whatsoever.

2. Trade the #27 and #38 to get the #23 only to flip the guy we drafted at #23 for the #25 and #33 only to flip the guy we draft at #33 for a second round pick 2 years into the future. What's the ****ing point of all that.

3. Apparently the point was to grab a guy @25 who most prognosticators felt probably could have been picked up in the second round. He can shoot and has a rep as a defender so maybe he's a diamond in the rough but ugggh.

All in all an utterly stupifying and frustrating draft for Knicks fans. In other breaking news, at room temperature water is wet.

Just thought this Knicks fan is hilarious lol
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,725

Post#1796 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:47 pm

Still can't believe we got Precious at #20. Never thought he would get near that pick. Jalen Smith going 10 and Stewart going to the Blazers at 16 really helped the cause. Precious and Bam are going to to create havoc on the court together.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Post#1797 » by dshearn » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:38 pm

I am miles from a basketball savant, I am sure I am overvaluing Precious...but after watching every youtube video that exists on him. I love that guy.

The dude thinks he is a 6-10 wing at times, and sometimes he is even convincing at it.

I think in this age of possistionless Miami basketball, the dude fits this team.

We got Winslow to play defense and he could not make lay-ups..... at least this time we are pretty darn sure Precious can make layups. Pick cant be any worse then that.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,250

Post#1798 » by twix2500 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:44 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Still can't believe we got Precious at #20. Never thought he would get near that pick. Jalen Smith going 10 and Stewart going to the Blazers at 16 really helped the cause. Precious and Bam are going to to create havoc on the court together.
Definitely what happened. Baffled at Portland pick.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,725

Post#1799 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:21 pm

dshearn wrote:I am miles from a basketball savant, I am sure I am overvaluing Precious...but after watching every youtube video that exists on him. I love that guy.

The dude thinks he is a 6-10 wing at times, and sometimes he is even convincing at it.

I think in this age of possistionless Miami basketball, the dude fits this team.

We got Winslow to play defense and he could not make lay-ups..... at least this time we are pretty darn sure Precious can make layups. Pick cant be any worse then that.

It took all of Winslow's might to dunk the ball. Precious could probably enter into the dunk contest.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,936

Post#1800 » by Wiltside » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:50 pm

So much Winnie slander :x

My Precious does kinda look like supersized Winnie tbh. Could stan.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat