Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Re: Free agency wants 

Post#21 » by Hopper15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 pm

1. Backup PG
2. 3 & D SG

Get a vet 3/4 with the DPE and hold a roster spot open for the buyout market.
Bimbo_Coles
Pro Prospect
And1: 26

Post#22 » by Bimbo_Coles » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:52 pm

The warrior positional weakness is still at guard / wing, so I agree with the assessment that they shouldn't look to add another big man. Their main talent weakness is shooting. Wiggins and Oubre can both hit an opened shot, but adding someone who puts a little more fear in the defense would be great. Obviously Joe Harris would be great, but it's not realistic.

I'm somewhat hopeful that some combo of Poole / Mannion can help man the PG spot while Curry is out, so it's primarily backup minutes for Wiggins and Oubre.

I think GRIII makes the most sense as a starting point, as I think he could be had for pretty cheap. Then I would look to add another guard / wing with some ballhandling ability. A guy like Jordan Clarkson could be great if he's willing to sign a one year deal within the DPE to try and build up his value for 2021 FA. I'm also not totally opposed to bringing back Burks given we know he fits the culture of the team.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#23 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:59 pm

I know we like big guards to play with Steph and we’ve spent time developing Bowman and drafting Mannion but the guy that really brings a spark is Trey Burke. Burke blew me away in the playoffs, he was fearless attacking the hoop and drilling 3’s and playing at the end of games. I know some people like the bigger guards but those guys aren’t as good as Burke. I would be surprised if MCW or Dunn kept us afloat with Curry resting, I think Burke has that jitterbug game to keep things upright.

I assumed Dallas would pay out Burke after his performance and was even more confident after they traded Seth away. But Dallas did draft Terry from Stanford, who I think is going to be really good.

Not saying backup point guard takes precedence over another wing, but we do have two exceptions. I think after drafting Wiseman a vet big might be something that comes on the minimum.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#24 » by SAKURABA216 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:07 pm

DPE: Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, or Paul Millsap
MLE: Avery Bradley
Vet Min: Kyle Korver, Glen Robinson III, Carmelo maybe, Jeremy Lin or Tyreke Evans
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#25 » by TB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:17 pm

D Rose and GR3.

Surprised how many people are still after centers. We are stacked at that position, while currently having Lee, Poole, Bowman as our backup 1-2-3.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#26 » by whatisacenter » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:21 pm

TB wrote:D Rose and GR3.

Surprised how many people are still after centers. We are stacked at that position, while currently having Lee, Poole, Bowman as our backup 1-2-3.

100% unless one of Looney or Chriss are getting moved we don't need another 5. Give me wings and a backup PG
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#27 » by SAKURABA216 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:25 pm

In the playoffs (assuming we make it), we will need a big veteran center to guard guys like Jokic and AD. Wiseman is a rookie so he will probably foul out and Draymond will be busy guarding the wings with Oubre. We saw Draymond and Looney get killed in the paint against the Raptors so I think it would make sense to at least add Dwight or Gasol this time knowing how big the best teams in the west are.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#28 » by Little Digger » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

He’s so perfect for us..damn..offer him investment guidance from Chamath
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#29 » by Swift21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:36 pm

whatisacenter wrote:

100% unless one of Looney or Chriss are getting moved we don't need another 5. Give me wings and a backup PG

I think Mannion is going to be the backup PG sooner than most of you think.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#30 » by WarriorGM » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:09 pm

From the list above Joe Harris, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Gallinari and Bertans would seem to fit the shooting mold but are they too expensive?
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#31 » by CS707 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 pm

Guard shooting and IQ/leadership guys. Maybe hire David West just to patrol the locker room and keep guys in line.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#32 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:53 pm

gst8 wrote:Guard shooting and IQ/leadership guys. Maybe hire David West just to patrol the locker room and keep guys in line.

I like the idea of hiring recently retired vets as player development. West, Bogut, Livingston, and I suspect Iguodala has already had considerable conversations about it with the team.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#33 » by whocurrz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 pm

Swift21 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

If he's good enough to unseat another guy that's good for us and then we have 3 PGs. But we need passing on this team now to run the second unit and help free up Curry. Guys like Oubre, Paschal, Wiggins are not the ball movers we've had in past years. Right now, unless Poole comes in much improved, Chriss is our best passer besides Dray and Steph who will be getting minutes
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#34 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 am

whocurrz wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

If he's good enough to unseat another guy that's good for us and then we have 3 PGs. But we need passing on this team now to run the second unit and help free up Curry. Guys like Oubre, Paschal, Wiggins are not the ball movers we've had in past years. Right now, unless Poole comes in much improved, Chriss is our best passer besides Dray and Steph who will be getting minutes

Well said. And we need an above average shooter on the wing - I’d be happy with GR3 filling that role.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#35 » by mos_def » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:39 am

ahmetmekin wrote:
Coxy wrote:Oubre cost 82 million dollars. He's starting.

Curry - Bowman - Mannion
Wiggins - Poole - Mulder
Oubre - Lee - JTA
Draymond - Paschall - Smailagic
Wiseman - Looney - Chriss

We need a top gun backup PG in my opinion.

Poole is pg.

Really???
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#36 » by ahmetmekin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:42 am

mos_def wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:
Coxy wrote:Oubre cost 82 million dollars. He's starting.

Curry - Bowman - Mannion
Wiggins - Poole - Mulder
Oubre - Lee - JTA
Draymond - Paschall - Smailagic
Wiseman - Looney - Chriss

We need a top gun backup PG in my opinion.

Poole is pg.

Really???

At the end of the last season, he played pg and he looked much better.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#37 » by mos_def » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:49 am

ahmetmekin wrote:
mos_def wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:Poole is pg.

Really???

I hope he can cuz as of right now the only person I see playing point to give steph off ball or rest is draymond.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#38 » by whocurrz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:51 am

mos_def wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:
mos_def wrote:
Really???

I hope he can cuz as of right now the only person I see playing point to give steph off ball or rest is draymond.

Yeah besides those two of guys probably getting minutes, Chriss maybe the best passer. We need a legit PG who is down to take the MLE betting that playing on our team will earn a big contract once COVID is over and the cap rises.

Or take a risk on a young guy like Dunn who you hope blossoms on offense when out of the environments of Minny and Chicago. Yeah big wings and shooting are always a great luxury to have but we really need some ball handlers and guys who can pass. Someone mentioned Eric Gordon who could be attainable given the Rockets situation but unfortunately besides Oubre and to a lesser extent Looney, we have no contracts that are easy to use in a trade. We have big contracts which involve a lot (including picks for expendable ones) or are so small they can’t help with many good rotation guys who owners might be down to shed because they’re over 10 million on a bad team. Or you hope for buyout candidates, which is probably our best chance at a great value come mid season.

That’s actually one of the best benefits of Oubre. Either he helps and we do well so we keep him or if not his salary is a solid asset in a trade or just his expiring contract and position make him worth at least one of the seconds we probably give up.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#39 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 am

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Tbh honest I prefer Oubre's potential. He's not a great shooter like Redick, but he's much more of a building block for the future. JJ is 36.

I would be ok with Avery Bradley as the next roster addition. We need defense to help Curry and Wiggins.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#40 » by jamesnamida » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:23 pm

This roster desperately needs goOd shooting.
Joe Harris
A stretch 4 or gallo
And a backup pg

Return to Golden State Warriors