Welcome to Atlanta, Sylar Maye

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Welcome to Atlanta, Sylar Maye 

Post#1 » by graymule » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:23 pm

:)

SG - Round 2 pick - LSU's Sylar Maye - - 6'4" & 205lbs.

Could play some PG or SF. Or maybe not. College Park starter (2 way) or he may stick. Depends on what happens before the season starts. Building up the bench right now. Who signs as a free agent?

So much going on now and pre season just around the corner. No finish to last season and no summer league. Just go !!

:nod:
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Re: Welcome to Atlanta, Sylar Maye 

Post#2 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Just hoping that we fill up our 15-man with guys too good to allow Mayes very many games in the big barn... let him crush the little barn in College Park, and do so well that we can make a trade deadline deal that sends Snell somewhere as an expiring, bring up Skylar and gain an extra 2021 2nd rounder.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#3 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:24 am

“He’s going to stick, even if he goes undrafted, because of his character and his work ethic,” Will Wade [LSU HC] said ahead of senior day. "The whole Skylar is going to be a doctor thing is a nice story but Skylar is a really good basketball player and is going to have a long career. He’s going to make a lot of money playing basketball. Medical school’s going to be on hold. He’s going to make a great doctor and I’d let him operate on me but he’s going to have a 10-12 year NBA career first.”
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,954

Post#4 » by shakes0 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:51 pm

As I'm assuming the only diehard LSU fan on the board I've seen a lot of Skylar. He was in my personal dog house two years ago and parts of last year, although I came around on him a bit last year as he played well. Don't think he has any future in the NBA though. We could've done a lot better with this pick.

Return to Atlanta Hawks