Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#1061 » by City of Trees » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:15 am

I have a trade idea.

Buddy Hield back to New Orleans for Bledsoe and future draft pick.

Kings get off Buddy's contract and Pelicans space the floor for Zion.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#1062 » by dozencousins » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:28 am

City of Trees wrote:I have a trade idea.

Kings would not need yet another point guard . We have Fox and just drafted another
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#1063 » by kalenclayton » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:02 am

I don’t like it for either team. The Kings don’t really have a use for Bledsoe and the Pels shouldn’t be spending a pick on Buddy.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#1064 » by kb02 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Kings would be committing like $60M per year to the PG spot. Fox's max contract, Joseph, and Bledsoe. That's just too much for one position.

Only way Bledsoe works is if they move Joseph. Gotta pay to do so, however. Plus Halliburton can run the offense at times (likely around the same rate as Bogi).
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1065 » by City of Trees » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:11 pm

When I typed up the Bledsoe trade I honestly thought he was an expiring

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#1066 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:29 pm

City of Trees wrote:When I typed up the Bledsoe trade I honestly thought he was an expiring

So it seems like the 2 big targets are Hayward/Bogdan with Atlanta and NYK as the obvious players.

Here's my idea -

NYK sign Hayward
Atl offers Bogdan a sheet. We match

We then offer Atlanta Buddy into cap space.

Kings keep Bogdan, can flip him later or keep him long term. Move off Buddy with zero damage. Atlanta gets a shooter at the guard spot to pair with Trey.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1067 » by kalenclayton » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:39 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:When I typed up the Bledsoe trade I honestly thought he was an expiring

So it seems like the 2 big targets are Hayward/Bogdan with Atlanta and NYK as the obvious players.

Here's my idea -

NYK sign Hayward

Kings keep Bogdan, can flip him later or keep him long term. Move off Buddy with zero damage. Atlanta gets a shooter at the guard spot to pair with Trey.

The Kings are really quiet and the Celtics are always doing things behind the scenes. Just curious, but do y’all think Hayward might be discussed as a S&T to the Kings. Not gonna lie, he fits. I know we all want a rebuild, but Hayward seems to fit into the squad pretty much perfectly and we would be in the running for playoffs immediately. Maybe Buddy for Hayward S&T?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1068 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:42 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Here's my idea -

NYK sign Hayward

The Kings are really quiet and the Celtics are always doing things behind the scenes. Just curious, but do y’all think Hayward might be discussed as a S&T to the Kings. Not gonna lie, he fits. I know we all want a rebuild, but Hayward seems to fit into the squad pretty much perfectly and we would be in the running for playoffs immediately. Maybe Buddy for Hayward S&T?

I wanted this before he opted out. Now that he officially opted out, I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense. I'm predicting he gets 4/100 from NYK.

I'm not much for tanking tbh. I think Fox/Bagley/Haliburton is the core, ideally you would have kept Bogdan to the be the 4th piece there for the next few years. I think the best way to improve our situation is making the playoffs not continual tanking, that said, Monte is preaching flexibility so I don't know that this really lines up with that.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1069 » by kalenclayton » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:46 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Here's my idea -

NYK sign Hayward

I wanted this before he opted out. Now that he officially opted out, I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense. I'm predicting he gets 4/100 from NYK.

I'm not much for tanking tbh. I think Fox/Bagley/Haliburton is the core, ideally you would have kept Bogdan to the be the 4th piece there for the next few years. I think the best way to improve our situation is making the playoffs not continual tanking, that said, Monte is preaching flexibility so I don't know that this really lines up with that.

I’m with you on all accounts. The only exception is that I am still thinking that this Hayward to Sac thing still sounds really nice. Fox-Haliburton-Barnes-Hayward-Bagley sounds awesome.
I also think there’s still a chance we keep Bogi, but it’s so convoluted at this point that nobody can be sure what will happen.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1070 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:06 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:The Kings are really quiet and the Celtics are always doing things behind the scenes. Just curious, but do y’all think Hayward might be discussed as a S&T to the Kings. Not gonna lie, he fits. I know we all want a rebuild, but Hayward seems to fit into the squad pretty much perfectly and we would be in the running for playoffs immediately. Maybe Buddy for Hayward S&T?

I’m with you on all accounts. The only exception is that I am still thinking that this Hayward to Sac thing still sounds really nice. Fox-Haliburton-Barnes-Hayward-Bagley sounds awesome.
I also think there’s still a chance we keep Bogi, but it’s so convoluted at this point that nobody can be sure what will happen.

Personally id like to bring in Hayward, and keep Bogdan. I don't want to bottom out. It hardly EVER works, and creates a losing identity.

Holmes/Len
Bagley//Bjelica/Barnes
Hayward/Barnes/Woodard
Bogdan/Haliburton/Ramsey
Fox/Haliburton

The way I see the west is

LAL
LAC
Den
Utah
Portland
Phx
Mavericks
GSW

After that I think we would hands down be better this year than the Pelicans, Houston (assuming Harden is moved), OKC, Minnesota, Spurs. And at worst on Par with Memphis.

Couple things though -

1. Memphis is in a similar situation as we were heading into last year. Riding off a high streak, barely missed the playoffs, but had a rough go of it towards the end of the season. They aren't a lock to improve, and we might see some sophomore slump from Ja and the guys.

2. We've seen how injuries can impact things. Most of those teams are 1 injury away from falling out. Lillard, CP3, Luka, Curry if any of those guys miss significant time, it clearly opens up a path in the west. Hell we don't even know how the Warriors will fair without Durant/Klay, many say Draymond is washed and Wiseman is obviously a rookie.

3. That Kings team would be a huge improvement over last years team. Our 3 weak spots last year were lack of a secondary playmaker, when Fox went out the team absolutely fell apart. Adding Haliburton and Hayward immediately solve that issue, and moves Bogdan from 2nd playmaker to 4th. Injuries - we were plagued by injuries, Fox/Holmes/Bagley/Bogdan all missed significant time. And Buddys selfish regression. This squad mentioned above would have 4 guys who are all unselfish and capable passers. We wouldn't have to rely on Buddy jacking up 3s, or Joseph running the second unit.

So personally, while almost all Kings fans may disagree with me. Id be completely fine going this route. If we aren't doing that hot by the deadline, we can look to start moving out guys like Bogdan, Hayward, Barnes, Holmes, and Bjelica for assets. But we will see what happens.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#1071 » by BoogieTime » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:15 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Here's my idea -

NYK sign Hayward

No, I personally think you’ll see the team going young for these next couple of years
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#1072 » by KF10 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:15 pm

Sounds good on paper but there is one problem.

Luke Walton.

Dude is a certified tank commando. He can’t coach out of a wet paper towel. I have ZERO hope in this bum.

To me, the moment I saw the Kings decide to keep Luke, this signals that we will see another down year for the Kings and McNair will be pushing hard to accumulate assets rather than to win now, imo.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1073 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:18 pm

KF10 wrote:Sounds good on paper but there is one problem.

Luke Walton.

Dude is a certified tank commando. He can’t coach out of a wet paper towel. I have ZERO hope in this bum.

To me, the moment I saw the Kings decide to keep Luke, this signals that we will see another down year for the Kings and McNair will be pushing hard to accumulate assets rather than to win now, imo.

Ya I agree. I don't think its a long term rebuild. And depending how Haliburton plays we could see that progress even faster. My last post was more speaking on what Id want to do if I was running the team, not really what I think will happen.

But I couldn't agree more. I think Monte was told to keep Luke on for a year to save money, tank out the season and collect some assets. Then he will get to bring in his own guy next offseason.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1074 » by BoogieTime » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:30 pm

The Kings look like they will deal BOgi, and not to the Bucks, I hope next trade doesn’t feature James personally

Fortunately, I think we will still get a s/t, I don’t see any rebuilding team forking over serious cash. I think the ATL stuff is just rumor
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1075 » by dozencousins » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:24 pm

Hawks and Lakers are both pushing for Bogi
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1076 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:51 pm

Per wiretap -

Bogdanovic believes he can get a four-year, $72 million deal on the open market.

Idk about you guys, but for that price, I don't even want to deal him. Bring him back and thats a no brainer. Send Buddy for cap space.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1077 » by kalenclayton » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:19 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Per wiretap -

Bogdanovic believes he can get a four-year, $72 million deal on the open market.

Idk about you guys, but for that price, I don't even want to deal him. Bring him back and thats a no brainer. Send Buddy for cap space.

Agreed. I like a lineup that features Fox-Hali-Bogi on the perimeter. Help defense will rely heavily on Hali and whomever is in the post, but the offense looks very balanced. I like it a lot.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1078 » by dozencousins » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 pm

Litte more than an hour from now we will have a lot of fireworks.
Tons of very fast signings & trades
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1079 » by BoogieTime » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:34 pm

18/year is too much for Bogdan IMO, wonder who will pay that

I think the Kings will actively look to move on from Bogdan. 13 mil a year is more like the range I think they’d keep him as a backup plan to move later at good value
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#1080 » by dozencousins » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:40 pm

Ilbake going to Nets

Return to Sacramento Kings