ImageImageImageImage

Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#261 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Darth Magic wrote:Of the free agent options available, I wouldn't mind getting Rodney Hood on a descent contract.
Didn't he have an Achilles

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 701

Post#262 » by Darth Magic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:01 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:Of the free agent options available, I wouldn't mind getting Rodney Hood on a descent contract.

Apparently, he's been back and ready to play. Could be a good pick up if he's healthy.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#263 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Darth Magic wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Apparently, he's been back and ready to play. Could be a good pick up if he's healthy.
Portland would've signed him if he was good.

Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 701

Post#264 » by Darth Magic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:40 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Didn't he have an Achilles

Portland would've signed him if he was good.

I don't think he would have opted out of 5-6 million guaranteed if he didn't feel he could get that or more elsewhere. He clearly had a market. Maybe Portland didn't want to give him more or a longer contract.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#265 » by SOUL » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Read on Twitter
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#266 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:05 pm

dsg2021 wrote:I had to endure like 5 years of Jameer hate from here and a few people irl just to see us draft another Jameer.

So I am happy to take that lesson forward. 1) This board will turn on him in 6 years, even if he lands an All Star appearance or two. Same as Jameer. 2) Any injury he has, especially for a critical playoffs, will only intensify this ‘new Jameer’ hate.

I hope he blows up big time and leaves ORL. I’ll love him, but we’re not the fanbase for him (outside of basic fans).

I don't see the resemblance. Cole is 6'3" while Jameer was 5'6"?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#267 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Why whenver a mid round player is drafted, everyone here automatically pencils him in as starter and then speculate endlessly how drafted player will pair up starting with the current starter while which player will slide over to another position. Right now, there is nothing stating that Cole will supplant Fultz as starter. He must earn it but as of now, he is a backup and may end up staying that way.

I look at it as Cole replacing DJ as the backup PG of the future.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#268 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:17 pm

Cole looks like he can learn how to make that pull up 3 pt shot. Cliff says that's the hardest shot in the NBA to guard. I know Kemba has killed us the last couple years with that shot. Just go around the pick and pull up for a 3 pointer.

Hopefully he can give us production like Devonte Graham. He shot 38% from the field and 37% from 3 pt. His TS was 538.

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#269 » by MagicMatic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Why whenver a mid round player is drafted, everyone here automatically pencils him in as starter and then speculate endlessly how drafted player will pair up starting with the current starter while which player will slide over to another position. Right now, there is nothing stating that Cole will supplant Fultz as starter. He must earn it but as of now, he is a backup and may end up staying that way.

Correct
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,415

Post#270 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:44 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
dsg2021 wrote:I had to endure like 5 years of Jameer hate from here and a few people irl just to see us draft another Jameer.

So I am happy to take that lesson forward. 1) This board will turn on him in 6 years, even if he lands an All Star appearance or two. Same as Jameer. 2) Any injury he has, especially for a critical playoffs, will only intensify this ‘new Jameer’ hate.

I hope he blows up big time and leaves ORL. I’ll love him, but we’re not the fanbase for him (outside of basic fans).

No need to exaggerate, lol. Jameer was 5'11 at the combine without shoes.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#271 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Why whenver a mid round player is drafted, everyone here automatically pencils him in as starter and then speculate endlessly how drafted player will pair up starting with the current starter while which player will slide over to another position. Right now, there is nothing stating that Cole will supplant Fultz as starter. He must earn it but as of now, he is a backup and may end up staying that way.

probably because many of our starters are just bad
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#272 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 pm

considering I want the Magic to tank this year (after 6 years on anti tanking). Play Fultz and Cole together. Replace Evan until he is gone.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#273 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:44 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

No need to exaggerate, lol. Jameer was 5'11 at the combine without shoes.

Really?!?!? Now I know the NBA is rigged. I was taller than him standing next to him and I am 5'11!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#274 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:46 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:

considering I want the Magic to tank this year (after 6 years on anti tanking). Play Fultz and Cole together. Replace Evan until he is gone.

Oh, another one of those "I want and what I think" in comparison to what really happens in this league.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#275 » by MagicMatic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:19 pm

It’s not that I don’t see Cole and Fultz starting together possibly in the foreseeable future. It’s more about how porous our defense would be and both Ross and Fournier are better options as the roster is currently constructed.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#276 » by KillMonger » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:33 pm

MagicMatic wrote:It’s not that I don’t see Cole and Fultz starting together possibly in the foreseeable future. It’s more about how porous our defense would be and both Ross and Fournier are better options as the roster is currently constructed.

why? anthony isn't a bad defender and neither is fultz
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#277 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 pm

MagicMatic wrote:It’s not that I don’t see Cole and Fultz starting together possibly in the foreseeable future. It’s more about how porous our defense would be and both Ross and Fournier are better options as the roster is currently constructed.

I’m perfectly fine with that ... for next season.

Give Cole a trial by fire as a rookie.

Perhaps we learn he is better than Fultz? Perhaps we learn he is a great 6th man? Perhaps we learn neither is right for us?

Either way, we learn a lot ... and we hopefully lose a lot.

Cade Cunningham and Jalen Green are projected super star SG’s in the waiting at the top of the 2021 draft with a few more options I haven’t scouted yet.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#278 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:45 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:

Oh, another one of those "I want and what I think" in comparison to what really happens in this league.

What is really going to happen?
Right now, there is no known road. Smart money says get something for an asset before you lose it.
Why stunt the growth of a player for another headed out?
I've always pushed the 1 step back to take 2 forward. We still haven't taken the (willing) step back as we've seen Boston, Philly, OKC, LAC, MEM, Miami do.
Dub_Sax
Rookie
And1: 111

Post#279 » by Dub_Sax » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:50 pm

Anybody else curious why they haven't had a press conf yet?
Or is it just because the FO has to quickly shift to free agency?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#280 » by MagicMatic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:02 pm

KillMonger wrote:

why? anthony isn't a bad defender and neither is fultz

We both know Clifford isn’t starting Cole with Fournier and Ross on the roster. Not happening.

Return to Orlando Magic