Trade Talk (Part Five)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1021 » by Norseman79 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:17 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:What about this trade...

Sac out: Parker and Woodard II
Sac in: Culver, Spellman, and Nowell

Mn out: Culver, Nowell, Spellman
In: Parker, Woodard II

Sacramento gets a young 2 guard to pair with Fox for when they trade Buddy and some young pieces.

Wolves get a starting 4, that's skill set would fit nicely, and is in the right age range.

This would still allow us to resign Beasley and Juancho, and a vet like Harkless, maybe a WCS also

hate it.

What or who are you thinking? That will be affordable, attainable, and for what we are trying to do?
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#1022 » by Norseman79 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:50 pm

How about Culver for Okeke to clean up position jam.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1023 » by KGdaBom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Norseman79 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:What about this trade...

Sac out: Parker and Woodard II
Sac in: Culver, Spellman, and Nowell

Mn out: Culver, Nowell, Spellman
In: Parker, Woodard II

Sacramento gets a young 2 guard to pair with Fox for when they trade Buddy and some young pieces.

Wolves get a starting 4, that's skill set would fit nicely, and is in the right age range.

This would still allow us to resign Beasley and Juancho, and a vet like Harkless, maybe a WCS also

hate it.

What or who are you thinking? That will be affordable, attainable, and for what we are trying to do?

Jabari Parker if that's who you're talking about is a proven bust. Culver IMO is going to be quite good. Woodard is a total maybe. Based on those three reasons I hate it.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1024 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:16 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:hate it.

Jabari Parker if that's who you're talking about is a proven bust. Culver IMO is going to be quite good. Woodard is a total maybe. Based on those three reasons I hate it.

I think JP can still put up good stats given starter mins..he plays ok defense and can stretch the floor. I wouldn't oppose to the deal. He hasn't been good with his 3 this yr though...if he shoots around 33% that'd be nice.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1025 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:19 pm

I guess Magic don't even want Culver for Gordon if we offer him? Still hoping we get Gordon somehow. Maybe Culver and future 1st? Or one of the draftees we drafted this yr..we can trade them since they haven't inked the contract yet right?
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1026 » by Dewey » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:29 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:I guess Magic don't even want Culver for Gordon if we offer him? Still hoping we get Gordon somehow. Maybe Culver and future 1st? Or one of the draftees we drafted this yr..we can trade them since they haven't inked the contract yet right?

I think that ship sailed when we traded JJ in the deal for Rubio
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1027 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 pm

Dewey wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:I guess Magic don't even want Culver for Gordon if we offer him? Still hoping we get Gordon somehow. Maybe Culver and future 1st? Or one of the draftees we drafted this yr..we can trade them since they haven't inked the contract yet right?

I think that ship sailed when we traded JJ in the deal for Rubio

Still can match salaries with Culver and future 1st...I kinda like bobby portis..shoots a good clip on 3s. but we need to free up atleast 15 mil to sign him. unless he's willing to sign for MLE.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#1028 » by Mattya » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:39 pm

I would guess you could probably have Parker for almost nothing.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1029 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Mattya wrote:I would guess you could probably have Parker for almost nothing.

He's still mad athletic with all those knee injuries...we need more athleticism at PF. Dlo's not gonna attack the rim relentlessly. Having a PF who can attack the rim as well as stretch the floor is good for this system.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1030 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'd give him the vet min...he still plays good D. Defense is what we need. Could be a serviceable backup.
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#1031 » by DaMplsKid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Two teams that I could see having interested in Culver would be Cleveland or OKC and maybe Sac-Town. They all seem to be in rebuilding mode still. I don't see a team with playoff chancing wanting him. NYC still thinks they are a FA destination.

So we should be looking at 3 team trades with us and one of them. I think Horford and Love are two players a playoff team should be interested in. I would take them on our roster but don't see that working under the cap.

But Horford would be a great fit as our 3rd big with Town/Gomez.

I deal trade would be Wolves, Clippers, Cleveland.

Clips get Love Now then have a big 3.
Cleveland get Culver and whatever
We get either Harrell (unlikely) or a sign and trade Marcus Morris

Or maybe a Clipper, Atlanta and us.
Clippers get Capela
Atlanta gets Culver
We get either Harrell (unlikely) or a sign and trade Marcus Morris
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#1032 » by Mattya » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:45 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:

He's still mad athletic with all those knee injuries...we need more athleticism at PF. Dlo's not gonna attack the rim relentlessly. Having a PF who can attack the rim as well as stretch the floor is good for this system.

He doesn’t really bring anything with that athleticism we really need. He isn’t a defender. He isn’t an outside shooter. He is decent cutting and getting his own shot. I’d take him for Evans and Spellman that’s it tho.

If you want an athlete that brings things we actually could use then you target DJJr in FA
DaMplsKid
Junior

Post#1033 » by DaMplsKid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:46 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:

I think we need a PF who can rebound, play defense and set great screens. The rest of our roster should be able to take care of the scoring.

Gomez is that athletic PF who can stretch the floor and plays better defense then Parker.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1034 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

So trade us Gordon for Culver..Culver is younger and still has potential to improve. Gordon probly reached his ceiling. And who can we get from the Kings for our new draftees or future picks?
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1035 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:49 pm

DaMplsKid wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:

I think we need a PF who can rebound, play defense and set great screens. The rest of our roster should be able to take care of the scoring.

Gomez is that athletic PF who can stretch the floor and plays better defense then Parker.

Huancho's defense is meh...being able to dunk doesn't mean he's athletic. and no ability to break down his defender.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1036 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

another good backup center.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#1037 » by TheZachAttack » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

another good backup center.

Lopez was on a list of players that could be counted with two hands that were the worst players in the NBA last season.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1038 » by urinesane » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:29 pm

It appears we got this guy (as long as the press release is correct).

May be my favorite highlight video song/hype level I've seen in the first video.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1039 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:44 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260391/Rockets-Magic-Discussed-Russell-Westbrook-For-Aaron-Gordon-Trade

Lol Magic wanna rebuild and they wanna take on Westbrook's toxic contract? omg just trade us Gordon for Culver+future protected 1st.
DaMplsKid
Junior

Post#1040 » by DaMplsKid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:20 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
DaMplsKid wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:

Huancho's defense is meh...being able to dunk doesn't mean he's athletic. and no ability to break down his defender.

Again I don't think our PF needs to be breaking down the defense. We only have one ball on the court and the pF will be the 5th option. I don't want someone who initiates the offense but, someone who can play off the ball and do the little things. Parker is only a scorer and nothing else. Huancho is just as athletic as Parker but does more of the little things better which means he is a better fit. IMO

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves