ImageImageImageImageImage

Official trade thread/buy-out market 20-21 edition

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Re: Official trade thread 20-21 edition 

Post#261 » by lazybatman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:57 am

Vae Victus wrote:Hey guys i think Bradley and McGee arent super intent on opting in cuz they dont want to get traded to some garbage ass team and begging for a buyout or be stuck on some loser franchise who will bench them and destroy their value. They might be thinking they can A) get more on the open market B) choose where they want to play in a better situation even at lesser money for the upcoming season. Now i dont think the role player market is gonna be all that robust due to CoVid, but who knows what their agents are filling their heads with. The smart move for these guys are to opt in, tbh.

Personally, if thats the case, i'd be willing to pledge to Bradley that he wont be traded if he opts in, that he'll get a sizable role going forward next year since DGreen is gone. With McGee i'm not too keen on giving him that promise, i feel he's really easy to replace with vet min bigs (Boogie, Noel, Noah, etc), and i'd really like to explore what we can get with a Kuz + McGee + Cook package.

If KCP is gone due to wanting too much money and years, i'd try to target McBuckets and Snell, would try to hold onto Kuz in either deal, but basically offer up Cook + 2023 SRP so the other team gets significant cap savings.

Agree entirely about Bradley. Becomes extremely important since Danny Green left. Schroeder is scrappy, but too small and skinny to really defend even someone like Harden. That leaves just Caruso - PG/SG and Lebron - SF as elite clutch defenders. Pretty uncomfortable right now. Hopefully it changes.

KCP's a Klutch guy - ain't going no where, unless Lebron wants him gone. I'm just not looking forward to seeing him get a 4Y / 50-60m contract that outlasts Lebron, but I'm afraid that's what Rich Paul will get him.

No Noah or Snell please. Liabilities / non contributors to a championship squad. Whose McBuckets?

We're okay on the bigs, as Boogie should come back and McGee took his option. Besides, bigs are just there to keep AD fresh for the anyway.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#262 » by lazybatman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:06 am

loveshaq786 wrote:You should be able to give the full MLE now right? With Bradley opting out and Us waving cook.

Now maybe brogdon or Ibaka will sign for the MLE, and whichever one is not willing to we can sign and trade kcp for them.

Lesgooooo.

Btw brogdan > ganilo

You mean Bogdan, right?
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#263 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:41 pm

stan francisco wrote:Elfrid Payton gets a sleeper vote from me. Ellington, too.

Payton is a good PG who sets up the offense etc but I am concerned with his 3pt shooting and therefore ability to space the floor for AD and Lebron, career UNDER 29% from there. Rob probably has a list of good shooting (floor spacers) PGs like Bryn Forbes(career 40%), Trey Burke etc but if they would hardly play like Cook and Daniels if Vogel doesn't like their ability to defend.
I am a little concerned about KCP negotiations. I still remember how Paul and Lebron pressured Griffin into giving Thompson the freaking 82 mil/5 year contract basically eating up whatever cap they have to acquire good free agents. Lebron/Paul tandem know Rob would be nervous losing ANOTHER wing defender/shooter esp if Bradley's asking price is also steep. Now there are alternatives like Wes Matthews, Kent Bazemore but it's not like automatic that they will surely work well with Lebron just like Jae Crowder, George Hill etc plus no one knows about their asking price too.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#264 » by stan francisco » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:53 pm

Defense wins championships. Running the break needs no coaching, but I hear you. In the playoffs the game becomes half court.

Rondo camp is trying to up his price by stating he’s going to ATL and LAC etc. I think he was truthful when he said he just wants to win. I hope AD pressures Rob into paying a bit for Rondo to stay.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,833

Post#265 » by Beethoven » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Haven't heard anything definite yet from Lakers? Other than waiving cook and Mcgee opting in ?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#266 » by loveshaq786 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Do you think memphis will trade clarke, tillman and bane for kuz, mcgee,and kcp (s&t)?
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#267 » by Ball so hard » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Lakers interested in BB...I have no idea how we could possibly pull this off. A Kuz + Mcgee package is only about 8m. Not sure if could sign and trade, lets say, AB + Kuz + Mcgee for another sign and trade player in BB.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man

Post#268 » by Ball so hard » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Beethoven wrote:Haven't heard anything definite yet from Lakers? Other than waiving cook and Mcgee opting in ?

You should hear more in about an hour.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man

Post#269 » by Ball so hard » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:03 pm

I see that we're also interested in Tristan Thompson. Thompson is a good player but it's getting a bit concerning that we appear to be getting deeper and deeper in business with Klutch. This can be problematic for many reasons.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#270 » by Beethoven » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Haven't heard anything definite yet from Lakers? Other than waiving cook and Mcgee opting in ?

Oh got it. I was out of the loop I guess. I thought free agency started already
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#271 » by lazybatman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:37 pm

Beethoven wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

Oh got it. I was out of the loop I guess. I thought free agency started already
Me too.. Lol.
Crossed fingers.. Jerami Grant and Justin Holiday please

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#272 » by Beethoven » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Are you suuuure about jerami ??
I m highly unsure.
But if pelinka and lebron can pull it off dam
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#273 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:40 am

So far meh on signing Mathews and Dwight leaving.

Are we getting ibaka yet ?? All the talk on ibaka died off.
All taking about Marc gasol now. Not too huge of a fan of him.

We need more wing defenders. Matthews ain't enough.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#274 » by lazybatman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Beethoven wrote:Are you suuuure about jerami ??
I m highly unsure.
But if pelinka and lebron can pull it off dam

Wasn't sure.. just a fan of the fit with our defensive identity. He got 4Y/80m @ Detroit though. Great kid but jeez.. :o :o
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#275 » by lazybatman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:38 pm

- Dwight - A+. Big 'Thank You' but mostly good riddance from the knucklehead.

- Wes - A+. Bit peeved about giving away the BAE, but great signing with Green gone.

- Harrell - B-. After the initial shock and awe of the audacity of this trade, I feel its a meh kinda deal for now.
Superb energy guy with a really high basketball IQ. Legit secondary scorer who can hopefully get comfortable in some P&R sets with Bron, Caruso & Schroeder. Much like Russ, he got a lot of unnecessary flak for his teams playoffs performance while not being fully fit. Kinda tough to produce when most of their games depend on athleticism.
I'm concerned about two things -
1. His demeanor towards skilling up technically on the defensive side. We got the right coaches and vets to help him if he's willing. Seems like an absolute winner. Fingers crossed on this one. Still a bit shocked.
2. Floor spacing - same as Dwight and McGee. He has a bit of finishing ability around the rim and excellent P7R game, which is an upgrade, but the spacing is still gonna suck *ss :(

All said and done, we're still pretty thin on depth till AB & KCP return and we fill the rest of the roster out. I fear Rich Paul's really gonna drag his feet regarding KCP unless Pelinka gives him an obnoxiously ridiculous contract that he doesn't deserve, and hamstrings the team for more than just the foreseeable future. :( I could kinda see this coming, which is why I was all for an improved KCP contract sign and trade for Grant / any other top FA, but this is feels like falling into the classic Rich Paul trap, where the Lakers can't replace him now if he doesn't re-sign, since we already hit the hard cap now.

Present Roster -
PG: Caruso, Schroder
SG: Wes, THT
SF: LeBron, Kuz
PF: AD, Montrezl
C: McGee, Dud(very likely)

KCP, AB, Rondo??

Was hoping Boogie was gonna be a 6:01 pm signing.. didn't happen.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#276 » by tamaraw08 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:06 pm

lazybatman wrote:- Dwight - A+. Big 'Thank You' but mostly good riddance from the knucklehead.

- Wes - A+. Bit peeved about giving away the BAE, but great signing with Green gone.

- Harrell - B-. After the initial shock and awe of the audacity of this trade, I feel its a meh kinda deal for now.
Superb energy guy with a really high basketball IQ. Legit secondary scorer who can hopefully get comfortable in some P&R sets with Bron, Caruso & Schroeder. Much like Russ, he got a lot of unnecessary flak for his teams playoffs performance while not being fully fit. Kinda tough to produce when most of their games depend on athleticism.
I'm concerned about two things -
1. His demeanor towards skilling up technically on the defensive side. We got the right coaches and vets to help him if he's willing. Seems like an absolute winner. Fingers crossed on this one. Still a bit shocked.
2. Floor spacing - same as Dwight and McGee. He has a bit of finishing ability around the rim and excellent P7R game, which is an upgrade, but the spacing is still gonna suck *ss :(

All said and done, we're still pretty thin on depth till AB & KCP return and we fill the rest of the roster out. I fear Rich Paul's really gonna drag his feet regarding KCP unless Pelinka gives him an obnoxiously ridiculous contract that he doesn't deserve, and hamstrings the team for more than just the foreseeable future. :( I could kinda see this coming, which is why I was all for an improved KCP contract sign and trade for Grant / any other top FA, but this is feels like falling into the classic Rich Paul trap, where the Lakers can't replace him now if he doesn't re-sign, since we already hit the hard cap now.

Present Roster -
PG: Caruso, Schroder
SG: Wes, THT
SF: LeBron, Kuz
PF: AD, Montrezl
C: McGee, Dud(very likely)

KCP, AB, Rondo??

Was hoping Boogie was gonna be a 6:01 pm signing.. didn't happen.

With the very short off-season I am betting the Lakers would try to maximize the bench to keep the 36 yr old Lebron as rested as possible for the playoffs. I imagine Vogel and staff designing plays for Schroeder and Harrell aside from screen/rolls etc. I am more biased for 3 pt shooters/floor spacers like Kieff Morris and Ibaka but Harrell is such a workhorse. Some say it's his energy but he also has a great nose for the ball and very physical. He provides really good picks, would bang his body inside and I predict AD taking more 3pt shots to avoid contacts inside.
About KCP, I can almost see Rich Paul short of holding a gun at Rob, saying I handed you Harrell for cheap now give KCP 75 mil for 5 years. Rob counters " no long term deal and btw, show me actual offers from other teams and I'll try to match it".
Acquiring Matthews provided this team another 3&D wing and Bradley's asking price would be more cheaper IMO. Keep an eye on Rob's former client Ariza who probably would get bought out.
Lakers might deal KCP on a sign and trade.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#277 » by lazybatman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:01 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:With the very short off-season I am betting the Lakers would try to maximize the bench to keep the 36 yr old Lebron as rested as possible for the playoffs. I imagine Vogel and staff designing plays for Schroeder and Harrell aside from screen/rolls etc. I am more biased for 3 pt shooters/floor spacers like Kieff Morris and Ibaka but Harrell is such a workhorse. Some say it's his energy but he also has a great nose for the ball and very physical. He provides really good picks, would bang his body inside and I predict AD taking more 3pt shots to avoid contacts inside.
About KCP, I can almost see Rich Paul short of holding a gun at Rob, saying I handed you Harrell for cheap now give KCP 75 mil for 5 years. Rob counters " no long term deal and btw, show me actual offers from other teams and I'll try to match it".
Acquiring Matthews provided this team another 3&D wing and Bradley's asking price would be more cheaper IMO. Keep an eye on Rob's former client Ariza who probably would get bought out.
Lakers might deal KCP on a sign and trade.

Yeah.. Sorry but not sorry. I just don't want guys who can't shoot 3s on the roster any more.. :lol: :lol:

I read about Arisa too last night. Let's hope he gets bought out.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#278 » by stan francisco » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:42 pm

If Ariza gets bought out, pounce!!!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#279 » by lazybatman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Kinda happy to see this. 12m sounds about right for KCP. Makes things simpler with Rich Paul too. I wouldn't mind a 3Y/36m for him. Stays on a nice tradable contract too, if his production dips in the future.
Read on Twitter

:(
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Come on Rob! Roundoff the squad now..
- Need a back up / starting PG other than Caruso - Teague / Hill. Augustin gone to the Bucks already.
- Need a defensive banger / rim protector - Cousins, PJ, Saric, Milsap, Robin Lopez. Think Ibaka's gone to Brooklyn. Noel is unlikely to take up a minimum deal, since he's never really got paid.
- Need more shooting / wing defensive depth - Bogdan, Ariza(Former Pelinka client*), ??
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#280 » by lazybatman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:38 pm

Meanwhile in a land not so far far away..

Clips just lost their 26 year old 6th man of the year and signed a 34 year old Marcus Morris to a 4Y / 64m contract.. Lmao..

Return to Los Angeles Lakers