Reynolds: Udonis Haslem to Re-Sign with Miami Heat; Returns for 18th Season

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Re: Reynolds: Udonis Haslem to Re-Sign with Miami Heat; Returns for 18th Season 

Post#21 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Man wtf. Dude has been retired for 10 years. Just become a player development coach already lol.

It's like the one family member who is 35 and still living with his parents

I think it's more like

Kings4win
Junior
And1: 267

Post#22 » by Kings4win » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:21 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Man wtf. Dude has been retired for 10 years. Just become a player development coach already lol.

There can be any number of reasons why people might do that, especially in different cultures. You are incredibly ignorant with that statement.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#23 » by zimpy27 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:26 am

Kings4win wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

There can be any number of reasons why people might do that, especially in different cultures. You are incredibly ignorant with that statement.

Well if it was cultural then why would it be only that one family member?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Kings4win
Junior

Post#24 » by Kings4win » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:29 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Kings4win wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Because the others have married and moved away to be with their partners family?

Anyway there's any number of reasons someone may live with their parents....they may suffer from mental illness, they may be there to help their elderly parents, they may all just get along really well, might be saving for their own house purchase.....I'm sure there's a heap of potential reasons why it happens.

People are so judgemental.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,807

Post#25 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:29 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Kings4win wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Typically one of the sons lives with their parents (Indians, Italians, etc.)
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#26 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:32 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Kings4win wrote:There can be any number of reasons why people might do that, especially in different cultures. You are incredibly ignorant with that statement.

In Italy 80.6% of 15–29 year olds live at home. That’s closely followed by Slovenia, where 76.4% live at home, and Greece and the Slovak Republic where 76.3% and 76.2% respectively live at home.

:o
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by zimpy27 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:36 am

Kings4win wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Kings4win wrote:There can be any number of reasons why people might do that, especially in different cultures. You are incredibly ignorant with that statement.

Because the others have married and moved away to be with their partners family?

Anyway there's any number of reasons someone may live with their parents....they may suffer from mental illness, they may be there to help their elderly parents, they may all just get along really well, might be saving for their own house purchase.....I'm sure there's a heap of potential reasons why it happens.

None of them work in the context of describing Haslem hanging at Miami for 10 years longer though.

If you got sensitive over that comment then it's completely on you and you should think about why that is for your own well being
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#28 » by Pharmcat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:36 am

Why?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by zimpy27 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:38 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Yeah but then it wouldn't be that one family member. It's be more common than that with in the family. The context is that it's unusual within the family
Pantsman
Veteran
And1: 3,733

Post#30 » by Pantsman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:39 am

I thought Detroit would be interested in him for sure.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,139

Post#31 » by druggas » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:39 am

Kings4win wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

How ironic.
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,197

Post#32 » by rate_ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:40 am

He’s the last gatekeeper of the dying breed of tough m’fers in the league. A true OG.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#33 » by The Laker Kid » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:41 am

Kings4win wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

When I first came to America, I was shocked to see parents leaving their babies to sleep in a different room. We're talking about babies that are like 2 weeks old! They stick a baby monitor and listen to the baby from another room. It's like, they can't wait to get rid of the child after it came out! Imagine a 20 yr old kid? LOL Where I'm from, it's normal to live with your parents until you get old. You form a solid family relationship. You can leave or stay, but most prefer to stay. No judgment either way.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,807

Post#34 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:41 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Yeah but then it wouldn't be that one family member. It's be more common than that with in the family. The context is that it's unusual within the family

I get what you meant. I just gave a playful response back lol. You were making a light hearted joke.

I'm actually one of those people but I do get it a lot from Canadians and have to explain to them how things work in certain cultures lol.
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#35 » by Moochthemonkey » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am

The Laker Kid wrote:
Kings4win wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

When I first came to America, I was shocked to see parents leaving their babies to sleep in a different room. We're talking about babies that are like 2 weeks old! They stick a baby monitor and listen to the baby from another room. It's like, they can't wait to get rid of the child after it came out! Imagine a 20 yr old kid? LOL Where I'm from, it's normal to live with your parents until you get old. You form a solid family relationship. You can leave or stay, but most prefer to stay. No judgment either way.

Filipino?
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#36 » by Parataxis » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:06 am

Kurtz wrote:They're just paying him back for that hometown discount he took like a decade ago.

At what point does the league call this cap manipulation?
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#37 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:10 am

Udonis Haslem hasn't actually been a basketball player in years. This is a sham. You could sign my grandpa, who is dead btw, to the same roster spot for all the actual basketball this old guy is going to play. He's just a very highly paid assistant coach or cheerleader.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#38 » by HMFFL » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:11 am

He deserves to go out on his terms.
He took less and left so much money on the table for years to stay in Miami.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Kings4win
Junior

Post#39 » by Kings4win » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:14 am

The Laker Kid wrote:
Kings4win wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Very true, the Moms basement joke is very much American too. If people get along with their families why wouldn't you? Better than living with random room mates among other options.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#40 » by Heat3 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:18 am

Parataxis wrote:
Kurtz wrote:They're just paying him back for that hometown discount he took like a decade ago.

At what point does the league call this cap manipulation?

It’s not. They like what he brings as a vet. Fans only see the games, but 99% of their “profession” happens outside of the games in the preparation and that is where he has more of an impact.

Besides, he’s been around so long that whatever “paying back” would have already happened years ago.

Also teams have 15 man rosters and g-league affiliates now. Not like the old days with a hard 12 man roster.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Return to The General Board