ImageImageImage

Official Jaden McDaniels Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Re: Official Jaden McDaniels Thread 

Post#21 » by minimus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:02 pm

I think the closest comparison is Lewis. Same size, shooting ability. McDaniels still lacks 10-15lbs though. During his workout interview he said that his current weight is 200-205lbs.

DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#22 » by DaMplsKid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:01 pm

IDK I see a skinny Lamar Odem.

So we all heard that LeMelo was the best of the Balls boys. Which McDaniel was supposed to be better coming out of High School? Because if he is better then his brother we could be onto something. His brother didn't do much on the defensive end and turned the ball over way to much but, he shot 37% from 3pt and 82% from the line while pulling down 8.9 rebounds per 40.

We put Jaden in the G-League/Weight room and he could be nice down the line. I don't see him playing much next year.
b7s4
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#23 » by b7s4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:23 am

Read on Twitter
b7s4
Sophomore

Post#24 » by b7s4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:24 am

Read on Twitter
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#25 » by Jedzz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:14 am

shangrila wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:Gersson targeting a high potential guy that underwhelmed at the college level..I don't mind it.

Underwhelmed? You mean like Ball underwhelmed, or Edwards and his team underwhelmed when they had the greatest next prospects of mankind? That kind of underwhelmed?

He was a top 5 HS recruit that got benched midway through the season due to poor play and tantrums.

That kind of underwhelmed.

Benched halfway through one game. Then he played off-bench as 6th man in 10 of the final 15 games. Averaged 31 minutes over 32 games. Maybe not playing up to expectations at all times. In his numbers I see days where rebounds highly fluxuate, turnovers. Doesn't look like anyone on his team was playing better though either. Looked like a bit of sloppiness. Second highest points on season and second highest minutes on season. I read the term Tantrums out there too. I saw fiery emotion in other clips back in the spring. But Tandrums I didn't see yet. Do you have any details on the tantrums? Were they moments of him getting mad at himself or mad at teammates, or?

3-7 without him starting
12-10 with him starting

Looks like that team had some issues beyond just him.

i wonder why Edwards' coach didn't bench his super guard for the 14 games when he was shooting 3s at between 0-25% or less, making only 15 of 105 shots for 14% average those games? Or even light attempts days like the 32 minute game against Ole Miss where he shot 0-2 from 2pt and 3-10 from 3pt. I suppose if his Edward's coach would have "benched" or 6th manned him it would have greatly put a damper in his draft stock.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#26 » by shangrila » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:34 am

Jedzz wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Underwhelmed? You mean like Ball underwhelmed, or Edwards and his team underwhelmed when they had the greatest next prospects of mankind? That kind of underwhelmed?

He was a top 5 HS recruit that got benched midway through the season due to poor play and tantrums.

Benched halfway through one game. Then he played off-bench as 6th man in 10 of the final 15 games. Averaged 31 minutes over 32 games. Maybe not playing up to expectations at all times. In his numbers I see days where rebounds highly fluxuate. Doesn't look like anyone on his team was playing better. Second highest points on season and second highest minutes on season. I read the term Tantrums out there too. Do you have any details on the tantrums? Were they moments of him getting mad at himself or mad at teammates, or?

3-7 without him starting
12-10 with him starting

i wonder why Edwards' coach didn't bench his super guard for the 14 games when he was shooting 3s at between 0-25% or less, making only 15 of 105 shots for 14% average those games? Or even light attempts days like the 32 minute game against Ole Miss where he shot 0-2 from 2pt and 3-10 from 3pt. I suppose if his Edward's coach would have "benched" or 6th manned him it would have greatly put a damper in his draft stock.

He had anger issues whenever the game wasn't going the way he wanted. Whether he was missing shots, his teammates weren't giving him the ball when he wanted it or he was getting outplayed by the opposing team. It was a maturity thing and something that can be overcome but it doesn't compare to Edwards' issues.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#27 » by Neeva » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:38 am

Udub was horrible had no D1
Pointguard, Jaden led them in assists, says it all.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#28 » by Jedzz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:41 am

shangrila wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
shangrila wrote:He was a top 5 HS recruit that got benched midway through the season due to poor play and tantrums.

Benched halfway through one game. Then he played off-bench as 6th man in 10 of the final 15 games. Averaged 31 minutes over 32 games. Maybe not playing up to expectations at all times. In his numbers I see days where rebounds highly fluxuate. Doesn't look like anyone on his team was playing better. Second highest points on season and second highest minutes on season. I read the term Tantrums out there too. Do you have any details on the tantrums? Were they moments of him getting mad at himself or mad at teammates, or?

3-7 without him starting
12-10 with him starting

He had anger issues whenever the game wasn't going the way he wanted. Whether he was missing shots, his teammates weren't giving him the ball when he wanted it or he was getting outplayed by the opposing team. It was a maturity thing and something that can be overcome but it doesn't compare to Edwards' issues.

The maturity thing might not compare to Edwards issues, but the performance results and what the coach was doing about the results could be compared. Edwards had some really bad outings, much more than just 5 or 6 games. As for maturity, I agree that should be able to be overcome. But for example, think back on the young Karl Towns antics during nba games so far. I don't get through any Lebron games where he isn't calling someone out at some point. Some of that is just the level of competitiveness in some of these players. As I get time I'll try and find some of these tantrum examples.

I saw a video finally going after some weaknesses but they didn't show the "tantrums". They point out his occasional bad shot selection and poor 4-18 distance shooting and turnovers.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#29 » by Jedzz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:53 am

schmitz video
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#30 » by southern wolf » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:30 am

Wish he had a more NBA ready build because we could use a PF straight away, but he's pretty raw.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#31 » by Jedzz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:59 am

southern wolf wrote:Wish he had a more NBA ready build because we could use a PF straight away, but he's pretty raw.
Agree. He would need a fastrack like Giannis did and even Giannis took a few years to lock in. Durant was a nasty character from the start, but only 10-15 lbs heavier. He was a weakling but a fiery weakling and that's why I drew a comparison. Then I start reading up and see others already had that comparison going on. Could an aggressive trainer get 15 of muscle going on this kid in a couple months? See some light minutes in march yet? I think so and that's only going to be mid season. Maybe not in covid era not sure.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#32 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:38 am

“His skill set is amazing. He has a pro game. He’s a great kid. And I think that’s half the battle right there, being a good person and being more than just a basketball player. And I think he has all the tools to be something special when he makes it to the NBA.” -Isaiah Thomas

“The way he shoots, his demeanor, the way he understands the game, he can affect the game in so many different ways on the court. He plays the right way, too, for somebody so talented.” -Jamal Crawford

https://theundefeated.com/features/jaden-mcdaniels-is-a-product-of-the-seattle-basketball-fraternity/
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#33 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 am

He’s got the Jonathan Isaac body. Needs about 15lbs of muscle then maybe he could be a legit contributor
b7s4
Sophomore

Post#34 » by b7s4 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#35 » by Norseman79 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 1:31 am

Simple question, a lot of draft sites had him listed as a 3/SF. Most on hear have been talking about him as a 4, could the Wolves view him as more a fit at a SF?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,710

Post#36 » by basketballRob » Sun Dec 6, 2020 2:04 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:He’s got the Jonathan Isaac body. Needs about 15lbs of muscle then maybe he could be a legit contributor
Jonathan Isaac is much bigger. Isaac is 6'11" without shoes, with a 7'6" wingspan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#37 » by Neeva » Sun Dec 6, 2020 2:24 am

We know you are a homer but Isaac was listed at 6’9 at Florida state and they usually list most of their athletes as taller.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,710

Post#38 » by basketballRob » Sun Dec 6, 2020 9:49 am

Delete
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,801

Post#39 » by KGdaBom » Sun Dec 6, 2020 4:19 pm

Great video of Jaden being the steal of the draft and from the KD mold.

;ab_channel=HEENDOOO
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#40 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 4:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves