ImageImageImageImageImage

Priorities check 2021..Are you reading this Mr. Rob Pelinka?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Do you agree more or less?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Aye
33%
Nay
67%

Total votes: 6

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,828

Priorities check 2021..Are you reading this Mr. Rob Pelinka? 

Post#1 » by Beethoven » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:57 pm

Priorities check:
1) re sign Rondo KCP
2) RE SIGN RONDO KCP a must!!
3) when the dust settles financially, bring in a 3 and D wing/power forward hustle team system guy
> Oubre Jr
> Ibaka
> Harkless
> Etc
Bring in holiday IF WE LOSE RONDO

^
Do whatever you can to achieve the above w kuzma javale cook dwight and/or THT (sorry guys but he'll blossom somewhere else but he is not going to be a star here (if he becomes a star. And that's a big if)
4) Keep Bradley please.
5) try to re obtain boogie if we lose both dwight and javale. Try to re obtain him nevertheless.

&&&&

DO NOT MESS W THIS TEAM BY DISMANTLING IT TO BRING IN CP3 or oladipo!!! We will regret it.
Also X on gallinari
X on rose
X on Levine
X on derozan ...basically,
X on any soft, one-dimensional, offensively-minded, standing around without the ball, guys who cannot buy into a gritty disciplined team defense for a whole YEAR.

I'd like to be on the conservative side. Don't tinker too much if you can w this team. Cohesiveness and the holistic totality is worth so much more than any new sensational additions by subtractions just for the sake of adding more sensational.
I hope this is in-line with whatever you are planning or have already carried out.
Thank you sir.

8-)
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Re: Priorities check 2021..Are you reading this Mr. Rob Pelinka? 

Post#2 » by DNP-Old » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:27 pm

I respectfully disagree. Rondo and KCP are in my opinion easily replaceable. The Lakers already have Bradley to replace Rondo so I would prefer signing another (cheaper) PG. I like Wanamaker but there are several available. If THT progresses, and I don't see why he won't, he can replace KCP.
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back either Rondo and/or KCP, but I would net make either a very high priority.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#3 » by TylersLakers » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:16 pm

My priorities:

1) Re-sign AD, as long of a contract as possible.
2) Find something for Danny Green, 1st rounder in a trade - Maybe by including Kuzma as well.
3) Re-sign KCP

Grab 2 of the following players, in any combination:

- Ibaka
- Melo
- Gallinari
- Harkless
- Baynes
- Jerami Grant
- Millsap
- Cousins
- Teague
- Gallaway
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#4 » by lazybatman » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:21 pm

Playoff Rondo is only replaceable by 85m CP3 or 31m Kyle Lowry. Neither are easy. KCP - Sure..

My priorities are -
1 & 2. Jeremi Grant & Serge Ibaka in that order for Danny Green + Cook / McGee + *MLE
3. Korver or/and Bellineli - Vet minimums
4. Sign and trade KCP's improved contract for Davis Bertans / Galinari - Bertans / Gallo give up a little on defense, which they more than make up on offense. Bertans is simply put a elite Klay / Curry level shooting big. I'd love to see what Lebron and Rondo can do with him.
5. Justin Holiday - S&T for McGee / Cook

Grant and Ibaka basically make us super heavy favourites for maybe the next few years.

If Pelinka gets Bertans / Gallo and Korver / Belinelli, I will take this team against the KD+Warriors / 2013-15 Spurs / Shaq-Kobe Lakers / 90s Bulls dynasties. Big words, but I'm not shaking.
DNP-Old
Senior

Post#5 » by DNP-Old » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:54 pm

lazybatman wrote:Playoff Rondo is only replaceable by 85m CP3 or 31m Kyle Lowry. Neither are easy. KCP - Sure..

My priorities are -
1 & 2. Jeremi Grant & Serge Ibaka in that order for Danny Green + Cook / McGee + *MLE
4. Sign and trade KCP's improved contract for Davis Bertans / Galinari - Bertans / Gallo give up a little on defense, which they more than make up on offense. Bertans is simply put a elite Klay / Curry level shooting big. I'd love to see what Lebron and Rondo can do with him.

Grant and Ibaka basically make us super heavy favourites for maybe the next few years.

If Pelinka gets Bertans / Gallo and Korver / Belinelli, I will take this team against the KD+Warriors / 2013-15 Spurs / Shaq-Kobe Lakers / 90s Bulls dynasties. Big words, but I'm not shaking.

Respectfully, you and I have vastly different views/values for Rondo (playoff or otherwise). If Rondo wasn't available in the bubble and Bradley was, I do not think the outcome would have been any different. If neither were available, I don't know the Lakers wouldn't have still won. Nobody really pushed them in the playoffs. Anything over the Bi-annual exception for Rondo is an overpay for LAL to me.
Your 1 & 2: If Grant or Ibaka agree to take the MLE from LAL, great. I don't know why either Denver or Toronto would take your offer for the other. It seems to me they each could find a better deal elsewhere. I suspect both players resign with their respective teams for more than the MLE.
#3: Kover or Belinelli for the minimum, sure. Both seems a bit redundant.
#4: Again I don't see either Washington or OKC wanting to make that trade (maybe OKC, depending on other moves they make). I also don't know why KCP agrees to either unless no other team steps up to make an offer he likes.
#5: Why does Indy agree to this? They have no need for McGee and Cook doesn't move anyone's needle. Maybe some combination of Kuzma/#28/Bradley/Cook+buy-out money.
Having said all that, Your moves are good, I just don't see them as realistic (I hope I'm wrong). As for paying for Rondo, if LAL overpays or goes into the tax by resigning him, bless their hearts. It is not my money.

DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#6 » by DanishLakerFan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:24 am

First and foremost they have to re-sign AD.

After that it's a bit of a puzzle to maximize the pieces around AD and Bron.

KCP and Rondo should be brought back, if possible. But depending on whether McGee and Bradley opt in or out and what happens with Deng's 5M there is a limit to how much you can pay Rondo and KCP in order to also be able to use the full MLE.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by lazybatman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:30 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
lazybatman wrote:Playoff Rondo is only replaceable by 85m CP3 or 31m Kyle Lowry. Neither are easy. KCP - Sure..

My priorities are -

Respectfully, you and I have vastly different views/values for Rondo (playoff or otherwise). If Rondo wasn't available in the bubble and Bradley was, I do not think the outcome would have been any different. If neither were available, I don't know the Lakers wouldn't have still won. Nobody really pushed them in the playoffs. Anything over the Bi-annual exception for Rondo is an overpay for LAL to me.
Your 1 & 2: If Grant or Ibaka agree to take the MLE from LAL, great. I don't know why either Denver or Toronto would take your offer for the other. It seems to me they each could find a better deal elsewhere. I suspect both players resign with their respective teams for more than the MLE.
#3: Kover or Belinelli for the minimum, sure. Both seems a bit redundant.
#4: Again I don't see either Washington or OKC wanting to make that trade (maybe OKC, depending on other moves they make). I also don't know why KCP agrees to either unless no other team steps up to make an offer he likes.
#5: Why does Indy agree to this? They have no need for McGee and Cook doesn't move anyone's needle. Maybe some combination of Kuzma/#28/Bradley/Cook+buy-out money.
Having said all that, Your moves are good, I just don't see them as realistic (I hope I'm wrong). As for paying for Rondo, if LAL overpays or goes into the tax by resigning him, bless their hearts. It is not my money.
Rondo was special at points in the playoffs. I thought he was really good even in his 1/7 shooting Game 5 in the finals. Elite defensively and offensive play making. It's a personal perspective thing, so agree to disagree.

All of the other players I mentioned are UFAs. None of the teams have any say in sign and trade, except if they want Danny Green / McGee / Cook / KCP's contracts or not. It doesn't even need to be their old team. Any team that wants these Lakers role players can do the deal with us. We don't have sweeten the deal with picks, Kuz, THT, etc to get them.

I'm pretty sure the MLE + Green + Cook/McGee is enough to tempt both Ibaka and Grant, without some Cap gymnastics -

-Green + McGee gives us a 19-23 mil player - more than enough for Ibaka.

-Grant just declined a 9.3m Player option to become a UFA. I'm not sure if we can combine MLE with an outgoing player's salary to give him the bump he wants or sign him to a back loaded - 9.3+13+15m kinda deal, which kinda works well for him considering the 20% salary deduction they're gonna have the next two years.

That leaves Justin Holiday, who will become very important if we are giving up Danny Green. Not sure how we can make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
DNP-Old
Senior

Post#8 » by DNP-Old » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:20 pm

[/quote]Rondo was special at points in the playoffs. I thought he was really good even in his 1/7 shooting Game 5 in the finals. Elite defensively and offensive play making. It's a personal perspective thing, so agree to disagree.

All of the other players I mentioned are UFAs. None of the teams have any say in sign and trade, except if they want Danny Green / McGee / Cook / KCP's contracts or not. It doesn't even need to be their old team. Any team that wants these Lakers role players can do the deal with us. We don't have sweeten the deal with picks, Kuz, THT, etc to get them.

I'm pretty sure the MLE + Green + Cook/McGee is enough to tempt both Ibaka and Grant, without some Cap gymnastics -

-Green + McGee gives us a 19-23 mil player - more than enough for Ibaka.

-Grant just declined a 9.3m Player option to become a UFA. I'm not sure if we can combine MLE with an outgoing player's salary to give him the bump he wants or sign him to a back loaded - 9.3+13+15m kinda deal, which kinda works well for him considering the 20% salary deduction they're gonna have the next two years.

That leaves Justin Holiday, who will become very important if we are giving up Danny Green. Not sure how we can make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app[/quote]

Essentially, everything after "...agree to disagree." is incorrect.

The only team that sign and trade Ibaka is Toronto (and Grant/Denver). Therefore they have to agree to the trade. If the Lakers are able to trade Green to a team with cap space (NY, ATL, etc.) without taking any salary back, they still have no additional money to spend as they would be still over the cap. Also, any S&T contract has to be a minimum of three years. This would hurt LAL's potential 2021 cap space.

The MLE can not be combined with anything, nor can it be used to acquire a player via trade. LAL can spend any or all of it on one player or divide it among multiple players.

Your hypothetical contract you propose for Grant would not be allowed as LAL can only offer 5% increases, so it would be closer to 9.3+9.8+10.2m. Again, any multi year deal cuts into LAL's potential 2021 cap space.

Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Beethoven » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:25 pm

Ok Mr Pelinka I hope you are reading all of these replies from these minds above
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by lazybatman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:52 pm

DNP-Old wrote:Essentially, everything after "...agree to disagree." is incorrect.

The only team that sign and trade Ibaka is Toronto (and Grant/Denver). Therefore they have to agree to the trade. If the Lakers are able to trade Green to a team with cap space (NY, ATL, etc.) without taking any salary back, they still have no additional money to spend as they would be still over the cap. Also, any S&T contract has to be a minimum of three years. This would hurt LAL's potential 2021 cap space.

The MLE can not be combined with anything, nor can it be used to acquire a player via trade. LAL can spend any or all of it on one player or divide it among multiple players.

Your hypothetical contract you propose for Grant would not be allowed as LAL can only offer 5% increases, so it would be closer to 9.3+9.8+10.2m. Again, any multi year deal cuts into LAL's potential 2021 cap space.

Edit: Your post above didn't post properly, and I didn't manage to read all of it on phone earlier while responding. Apologies. Editing my response now.

Well, I suggested Grant signing into the MLE on a back loaded deal, that in turn saves him some money on the 18% X 2 escrow deductions also. The 5% ryder is a b*tch indeed. Danny Green it is then. He really is amazing and a top priority for guarding KD / Kawhi / PG / Jimmy kinda SF. Also does an astoundingly good job at PF / Center post defense.

Holiday made 4.5m last year and turned 31, but he also had a 40% 3fg year. Maybe he will agree to take a reasonable contract for a crack at the ring. Hopefully we have enough left after resigning our current FAs.

Bertans has been a Klay, Steph, Ray Allen level shooter for the last 3 years(40% 3fg with over 8 3fga) with age on his side and fits more with AD's timeline. Kinda sucks on perimeter defense cos of his injuries in his early pre NBA career. Serviceable and energetic in the post though. I'll happily trade him in for a KCP's improved(12-15m) contract if that's on the table.

Ibaka on the other hand is a win now dude for this championship window. I really believe Ibaka and Grant kinda lock it down for us, but will be really happy with just Grant + Bertans/Gallo + Korver/Bellineli as well.

The fact that the S&T trade team needs to be the players old team kinda sucks. I wasn't aware. My bad mate. Thanks for pointing it out. Does the MLE contract have to be 3/4 years. You killing my hopes and dreams over here. Just left with some Covid discount to count on now.. :lol: :lol: Looks like I'll have to bear another year of Dwight madness. :banghead: :banghead:

Honestly, IDGAF about 2021 cap space right now. If Giannis wants to come(and my god is it a big 'IF'), some decent tradable assets can only help, unless we're getting rid of Lebron / AD, which isn't happening. To think of conserving cap space during a championship window is the definition of fool's gold. Gotta go full Daryl Morey right now. To have young and improving superstar role players like Grant & Bertans possibly tied up for 3-4 years can be a huge asset. Lebron, AD and ROndo will only make them look better and higher than their market value, should the need for a trade arise.

Why do you feel Korver / Bellineli are redundant waste though? Korver is a specially smart positional defender, definitely not on ball. The gravity and off the ball movement of these guys generate next to Lebron and Rondo can add the dimension that we were hoping to get from Green, Cook, Dudley, Troy Daniels, Morris couldn't. Doesn't feel like a big risk considering their contracts.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Beethoven » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:36 pm

^ok this is the kind of stuff i need to save till later when in bed while i got my reading glasses on..
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,906

Post#12 » by zimpy27 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:44 pm

Bradley is changing management and is consdiering to decline his player option it seems.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by lazybatman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:34 am

zimpy27 wrote:Bradley is changing management and is consdiering to decline his player option it seems.

:x :x
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 948

Post#14 » by Slink » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:49 am

Read on Twitter

But whenever a story like this comes out, we have to ask ourselves a simple question: Who benefits from this information becoming public? In this case, especially since it’s on the record, the clear and obvious answer is Bradley. But what does he have to gain from saying this publicly? The answer seems pretty clear to me.

Bradley had a decent season as the Lakers’ main starter at point guard, but nothing so special that it seems like a certainty that any team is going to offer him a long-term deal, especially after the Lakers won a title without him when Bradley opted out of going to the NBA bubble.

So why (essentially) threaten free agency? The logical conclusion would be that a) he already has an under-the-table offer from a team worth more (which for the reasons above seems unlikely) and wants the Lakers to offer more or b) the more likely answer: He wants his name kept out of the trade talks the team is having.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/11/12/21563008/lakers-avery-bradley-changes-agents-may-decline-player-option-contract-enter-free-agency
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by lazybatman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:30 pm

As far as Bradley is concerned, he can f*ck right off if he's looking for a raise after standing up the Lakers bus headed to the bubble.

Good luck and good riddance to a very good player whose head isn't in the game enough to win the championship.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,183

Post#16 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Bradley. Stop playing games. We got you a ring, and you didn't even have to play for it. You need to get in the gym and fix your shot
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:42 am

Ok i get it. Bradley is opting out and you guys don't like him. Let's keep this thread about letting MR PELINKA know what our priorities are. (Like he needs our help)

8-)
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Beethoven » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:02 pm

PLEASE PELINKA KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON PRIORITIES do NOT get drunk off the trade koolaid and make a rash trade for the sake of being in the headlines.

Bucks are doing what they are doing bc out of necessity. We don't have to.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#19 » by LakersSoul » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:48 am

Beethoven wrote:Ok Mr Pelinka I hope you are reading all of these replies from these minds above

If he is then WE are in a load of problems!!

All seriousness, I think we need to go after a wing defender. Hopefully we sign Matthews which could make KCP expendable. Then we should go after Justin Holiday for our 3&D guy.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:33 am

Pelinka the bomb
Can't believe this guy!!
:rofl:
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers