Bench Warmer
And1: 655

Re: 2020 NBA Offseason Discussion 

Post#61 » by MO12msu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:13 am

MO12msu wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

So the Bucks didn't actually talk to Bogdan and ask him if he was interested in coming??

Either that, or they're just trying to avoid any tampering charges.

Nevermind, see some blue check marks are basically saying the deal is dead. Wild.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#62 » by RCM88x » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:20 am

I honestly don't think this is the worst thing in the world for Milwaukee. I was a little iffy on the trade to start, and him not wanting to go there kinda just confirms that it would have been a risky move that likely wouldn't have worked out for the best.

Interested to see how they react to this though, lots of possible moves still out there I guess.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,481

Post#63 » by Jaivl » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:57 am

Jaivl wrote:Ricky @ Thunder. FINALLY.

OH COME ON
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
limbo
Veteran
And1: 2,677

Post#64 » by limbo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Anyone else finds it amusing that Chris Paul has been historically held back when debating all-time great NBA players due to his durability, but is in the Top 5 in RS minutes played among all players since 2005, and has remained an all-star, Top 10-15 level player, all the way up to the age of 34?

Meanwhile, you have Wade, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Curry, Kawhi, Thompson, Griffin, Wall etc. all with missing body parts all over the place while not having to carry a bigger burden than Paul through-out most of their careers?

Wade's career was even more decimated by injuries and filled with MIA's and he was basically subconsciously retired as a difference maker at 32 years of age. We all know Rose was basically done at 25, so was Brandon Roy. Durant is still on track to surpass Paul in terms of durability (having only missed significant time in 2015 and last season), but there's still a question mark how good he can be going forward, and we'll see if he still manages to have enough juice at 35 years to be an all-star level player. Curry is the poster boy for non-durability. Kawhi has a degenerative knee that needs to be load managed and rested 25 games per season at age 27... Westbrook is constantly injured and stopped being a star player at 29 years of age. Griffin is constantly injured and has only hit 30. Thompson's career is probably over at 29/30...

We can add Kyrie and Love in this convo as well, always injured and Kyrie is barely 27...

I forgot Dwight Howard. Dwight managed to be an all-star until about 27 years old and then proceed to have a host of injures and never came close to reaching his prime again. He's the same age as Paul right now, but the difference between them is terms of impact/production/value is massive, despite Dwight playing a couple thousand more RS minutes in his career.

Also Carmelo Anthony, although i was never much of a Melo fan, and his weakness is a lot more mental than physical compared to the other guys, but the dude basically stopped being relevant at 30 years of age as well.

In b4 ''CP3 didn't have a lot of 'deep' PS runs!'', which is true when it comes to the Warriors guys and Wade/Durant/Westbrook i guess, but Paul also had less help than those guys for most of his career as well.

Anyway, this was just an epiphany that arrived to me with Klay's recent injury, on top of another injury he already suffered a year prior, reminding me of all the best player in the league getting decimated by injures in the last 15 years... making me think that maybe the elasticity and speed with which the modern game is being played is very likely harder on the joints than people are willing to admit...

LeCyborg is not the norm, he's an outlier freak of epic proportions with Thanos genetics. Everyone else is getting visited by the Grim Reaper frequently in the last 15 years, and with that taken into consideration, Paul's ability to stay a Top 15 player at almost 35 years of age is a testament to his durability, despite missing plenty RS games and crucial PO games, because as we see now, the majority of other stars in the same environment/era are completely breaking down in healthy & ability somewhere between 25-30... Forget about playing at an all-star level at 35. They can consider themselves lucky if they can be a Trevor Ariza level player at 35...

TL;DR - I've pulled a switcheroo on you. You were taught that Paul's weakness is his bad durability, when he's actually the poster boy for good durability among star players in the last 15 years ;) Funny how perspective works, isn't it?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#65 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:04 pm

With Klay and Draymond as FAs, GSW was faced with tough choice last summer between double down on the past and its dynasty heroes or break fans hearts and let them go, and they are paying the price for it. I think the correct choice was offer these guys 2 year deals (gives them one last run in 2021, and sets up Giannis FA) and if they want to leave for the money it's on them.
RCM88x
RealGM

Post#66 » by RCM88x » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:59 pm

Seems like the Warriors are interested in Oubre, so my guess is they're trying to stay relevant. Quite unlikely they'll have another player as good as Curry is (or theoretically can be) anytime soon, makes sense to try and make use of it.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#67 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:46 pm

Klay :(

Curry / Oubre / Wiggins / Draymond / Wiseman is... something :-? I'm guessing they aren't done.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#68 » by Dupp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Hayward opting out is complete insanity
Joey Wheeler
Starter
And1: 1,359

Post#69 » by Joey Wheeler » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:30 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:Klay :(

Curry / Oubre / Wiggins / Draymond / Wiseman is... something :-? I'm guessing they aren't done.

That team isn't making the playoffs in the West, Curry isn't good enough or durable enough to carry them to that extent.
limbo
Veteran
And1: 2,677

Post#70 » by limbo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:29 am

Dupp wrote:Hayward opting out is complete insanity

Dude really left 33 mil on the table and departed one of the best teams in the league because he was 'unsatisfied with his role', lol... Dude can barely stay on the court...

If he actually signs with the Knicks on a lesser contract this is going to be the biggest L of the season.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#71 » by Dupp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:03 am

limbo wrote:

Dude really left 33 mil on the table and departed one of the best teams in the league because he was 'unsatisfied with his role', lol... Dude can barely stay on the court...

If he actually signs with the Knicks on a lesser contract this is going to be the biggest L of the season.

Either Hayward is doing something crazy or whoever has offered him a big contract has done something crazy.

Either way it’s gonna be bad.
NinjaSheppard
Sixth Man
And1: 1,404

Post#72 » by NinjaSheppard » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:34 pm

I doubt it. His agent is the guy who got Jabari Parker 20 million a year. He knows what he is doing.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#73 » by Dupp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:09 pm

NinjaSheppard wrote:

I doubt it. His agent is the guy who got Jabari Parker 20 million a year. He knows what he is doing.

Which means some team is completely insane. Either way someone done goofed.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#74 » by eminence » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:17 pm

limbo wrote:Anyone else finds it amusing that Chris Paul has been historically held back when debating all-time great NBA players due to his durability, but is in the Top 5 in RS minutes played among all players since 2005, and has remained an all-star, Top 10-15 level player, all the way up to the age of 34?

Meanwhile, you have Wade, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Curry, Kawhi, Thompson, Griffin, Wall etc. all with missing body parts all over the place while not having to carry a bigger burden than Paul through-out most of their careers?

Wade's career was even more decimated by injuries and filled with MIA's and he was basically subconsciously retired as a difference maker at 32 years of age. We all know Rose was basically done at 25, so was Brandon Roy. Durant is still on track to surpass Paul in terms of durability (having only missed significant time in 2015 and last season), but there's still a question mark how good he can be going forward, and we'll see if he still manages to have enough juice at 35 years to be an all-star level player. Curry is the poster boy for non-durability. Kawhi has a degenerative knee that needs to be load managed and rested 25 games per season at age 27... Westbrook is constantly injured and stopped being a star player at 29 years of age. Griffin is constantly injured and has only hit 30. Thompson's career is probably over at 29/30...

We can add Kyrie and Love in this convo as well, always injured and Kyrie is barely 27...

I forgot Dwight Howard. Dwight managed to be an all-star until about 27 years old and then proceed to have a host of injures and never came close to reaching his prime again. He's the same age as Paul right now, but the difference between them is terms of impact/production/value is massive, despite Dwight playing a couple thousand more RS minutes in his career.

Also Carmelo Anthony, although i was never much of a Melo fan, and his weakness is a lot more mental than physical compared to the other guys, but the dude basically stopped being relevant at 30 years of age as well.

In b4 ''CP3 didn't have a lot of 'deep' PS runs!'', which is true when it comes to the Warriors guys and Wade/Durant/Westbrook i guess, but Paul also had less help than those guys for most of his career as well.

Anyway, this was just an epiphany that arrived to me with Klay's recent injury, on top of another injury he already suffered a year prior, reminding me of all the best player in the league getting decimated by injures in the last 15 years... making me think that maybe the elasticity and speed with which the modern game is being played is very likely harder on the joints than people are willing to admit...

LeCyborg is not the norm, he's an outlier freak of epic proportions with Thanos genetics. Everyone else is getting visited by the Grim Reaper frequently in the last 15 years, and with that taken into consideration, Paul's ability to stay a Top 15 player at almost 35 years of age is a testament to his durability, despite missing plenty RS games and crucial PO games, because as we see now, the majority of other stars in the same environment/era are completely breaking down in healthy & ability somewhere between 25-30... Forget about playing at an all-star level at 35. They can consider themselves lucky if they can be a Trevor Ariza level player at 35...

TL;DR - I've pulled a switcheroo on you. You were taught that Paul's weakness is his bad durability, when he's actually the poster boy for good durability among star players in the last 15 years ;) Funny how perspective works, isn't it?

I dunno about posterboy, but I kinda agree with you, it seems to be getting more difficult to maintain high minutes, and I suspect CP3 is closer to average durability than a lot of people would rate.
I bought a boat.
RCM88x
RealGM

Post#75 » by RCM88x » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 pm

They move the start of FA to 6pm primetime and it's boring AF because teams are scared of tampering. Smh

GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,504

Post#76 » by GSP » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:47 am

Lakers going from Dwight to Trez is gonna hurt them IMO

Jokic and Ayton are gonna be tough for them to handle this season and they might play them both in the playoffs
GSP
RealGM

Post#77 » by GSP » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 am

Hawks got a squad

Trae, Hunter, Huerter, Collins, Capela, Onyeka, Gallo. Maybe Reddish bounces back too. Defense will be cheeks but they should make playoffs and be a fun out at least. If they do get Bogdan thatd be huge too
GSP
RealGM

Post#78 » by GSP » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:10 am

Utah getting back Favors is massive. They missed him alot

Utah, Portland and Phoenix got a lot better

Houston might burst. Denver got alot worse without Grant/Plumlee now.

Dallas/Memphis just young cores that will improve. No idea what Clips or Nuggets will do now.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#79 » by Clyde Frazier » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:35 am

Free agency giving me 2016 vibes with all the money being thrown around. Expected the exact opposite. This is nuts. Have absolutely no idea what the pistons are doing either.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,726

Post#80 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:41 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:Free agency giving me 2016 vibes with all the money being thrown around. Expected the exact opposite. This is nuts. Have absolutely no idea what the pistons are doing either.

Have they signed another big man yet? It's been a couple of hours...

Return to Player Comparisons