Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXIX

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXIX 

Post#561 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:06 pm

Dark Faze wrote:This is a little wild, but I wonder if Giannis might be prime for a seduction rental ala OKC/Toronto with PG and Kawhi. The Bucks situation is atrocious and there's nearly no way to salvage it. They have no depth and no picks. Chances of keeping Giannis at this point seem terrible and they really can't afford to play this thing out until the last minute because losing him for nothing would be a disaster.

In such a scenario something like Hachimura, Thomas Bryant + salary filler and a 2021 first might beat other rental offers which tend to be rather sparse historically. Meanwhile we still have the bird rights to Bertans:

Wall
Beal
Bonga / Brown Jr
Bertans / Deni
Giannis

If Giannis walks--welp, era is over, but your future is not significantly handicapped. Begin the teardown and trade Beal for picks and young players to replenish what was lost.

I'm certain other teams with a better shot at retaining him in 2021 would offer more.
WallStar
Junior
And1: 192

Post#562 » by WallStar » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:48 am

Not sure if it's been brought up, but in an ultra hypothetical world, would you do a Wall/Beal swap for Harden/Westbrook?
trast66
Rookie
And1: 611

Post#563 » by trast66 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:59 am

WallStar wrote:Not sure if it's been brought up, but in an ultra hypothetical world, would you do a Wall/Beal swap for Harden/Westbrook?

Yes, but I’d trade Harden/Westbrook back out at deadline.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#564 » by prime1time » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:40 am

doclinkin wrote:
prime1time wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Dude I'm reading the same things you are. They don't say what you think they are saying. That one originated in an article where a writer was speculating about the reasons why the team MIGHT have soured on Wall. And to support it the reporter said maybe because Wall is unhappy, and looked for evidence. Then that speculation of the reporter becomes click bait and rumbles down the echo chamber. But all of the team PR strategy and coaching and everything SHeppard has said and money they have invested in John's rehab and involving him in coaching conversations etc, has all been pointed towards one direction. SO. Qui benefis. Who benefits from this supposed 'leak'. Use some critical thought. That's the thing that has always bugged me about this market. SO ready to jump ship.

Believe me know? I've been following J Wall closely for his entire DC tenure. No way this would just "blow over."
prime1time
Analyst

Post#565 » by prime1time » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:41 am

queridiculo wrote:
prime1time wrote:I guess time will tell. It’ll be interesting to see what Wall says.

Wall just needs to shut up and do his talking on the court.

That's the kind of growth I expect from him at this point of his career.

You sure told him...
prime1time
Analyst

Post#566 » by prime1time » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:55 am

prime1time wrote:Wizards just displayed how they still lack professionalism. We can blame the Rockets all you want but John Wall deserved better. Period. Sad day for DC sports.

I said it and I'll repeat it. Lacking integrity, underhanded tactics, backroom deals is just embarrassing. Be a Man and tell the dude to his face. I can almost guarantee that Wall found out about it the same way I did. Meanwhile, they kept on telling him what he wanted to hear. Played him for a fool. And now it's a disaster.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 936

Post#567 » by WallToWall » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:42 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7357701
Wall + Troy Brown for Blake Griffin works.
Add whatever sweetener.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#568 » by doclinkin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:07 pm

prime1time wrote:Believe me now? I've been following J Wall closely for his entire DC tenure. No way this would just "blow over."

I believed it then, I just wanted to make it go away. But fatheaded Chris Miller always likes to BE the story so he magnified it it and it became a wounded pride issue for John.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#569 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:43 pm

doclinkin wrote:
prime1time wrote:Believe me now? I've been following J Wall closely for his entire DC tenure. No way this would just "blow over."

I believed it then, I just wanted to make it go away. But fatheaded Chris Miller always likes to BE the story so he magnified it it and it became a wounded pride issue for John.

Yeah, I don't doubt that Wall is unhappy. I think pretty much every veteran star-caliber player playing for a team that isn't in the playoffs is unhappy. The problem is, Wall isn't THAT good, but he makes so much money that it's damn near impossible to build a playoff team around him. He isn't going to be happy wherever he goes because the same problem will exist.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#570 » by payitforward » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:50 pm

I'm still hoping this can be calmed down -- if it's just "wounded pride," then explanations & apologies can put it to bed.

The deals I've seen proposed are all ridiculous. E.g. Wall to the Knicks:
Throw Ntilikina, Julius Randle and Kevin Knox II into a package, and the Knicks, who have cap space at the moment, could take Wall's money back without issue. The only question then would be how much draft capital Washington would have to include to get the deal done.

A pair of first-round picks, perhaps 2021 and 2023, might be enough.

Ummm, no; I really don't think so. I pay John's salary for sitting out rather than do that! H6ll, I fire Tommy Sheppard before doing that! (Not suggesting we fire Tommy...)

Best, however, is not to do anything at all, make mollifying statements to the press, say nice things to & about John, & let time pass. If forced to, just tell John that there is no acceptable deal right now, but if he will just put the problem aside for now, get back on the court -- play great & play nice -- we're sure it'll be fairly easy to trade him next off-season.

Why will this work? Because John Wall wants to get back on the court; he is a guy with something to prove. He won't let this sit the way it is, & he is too smart to start a campaign to make it worse. Lowers his value, makes it even less likely he's traded.

John's no dummy, & he has advisors as well.

edit: one thing's for sure -- I would not want to trade him for Westbrook. Above all not if I'm being asked to give a R1 pick (even protected).
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,222

Post#571 » by NatP4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Apparently our 2024 2nd rounder is going to OKC in the Adams deal? Not sure for what
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#572 » by Dat2U » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:39 pm

For **** and giggles how bout this:

Bradley Beal, Thomas Bryant & Ish Smith for

James Harden

Wiz would of course have to find a starting C on the cheap in FA but it would be an entertaining 2 years.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#573 » by Wizardspride » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:34 pm

Dat2U wrote:For **** and giggles how bout this:

James Harden

Wiz would of course have to find a starting C on the cheap in FA but it would be an entertaining 2 years.

Works for me.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
TheBlackCzar
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#574 » by TheBlackCzar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:02 am

James Harden

If we trade Beal i would take what golden state could offer in Wiseman, 1st next year (Minnesota's Pick), Paschall, and Thompson or Wiggins and a 2nd.....
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#575 » by gambitx777 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15 am

So we are waiting to see if NYK want wall or westbrook orake a smart move and do nothing lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#576 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:49 pm

WallToWall wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7357701
Wall + Troy Brown for Blake Griffin works.
Add whatever sweetener.

Yeah, we're not going to do any better than that.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#577 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:51 pm

James Harden

Problem is - Harden then demands a trade.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#578 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:54 pm

gambitx777 wrote:So we are waiting to see if NYK want wall or westbrook orake a smart move and do nothing lol

Let's see what we have to give to NY in order for them to agree to take on Wall.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#579 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:08 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:So we are waiting to see if NYK want wall or westbrook orake a smart move and do nothing lol

Let's see what we have to give to NY in order for them to agree to take on Wall.

So am I looking at this right? NY is so far under the cap we could send them Wall without taking anything back? Like deal Wall for a future 2nd round pick, just to dump his contract. Would the Knicks do that?

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7358928
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#580 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:14 pm

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

So am I looking at this right? NY is so far under the cap we could send them Wall without taking anything back? Like deal Wall for a future 2nd round pick, just to dump his contract. Would the Knicks do that?

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7358928

Yes, we'd get a top 60 protected 2nd, but I'd think we'd also have to give up an additional(?) significant asset.

Return to Washington Wizards