ImageImageImage

Troy Weaver’s Free Agency Plan!!!!!

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

joeposh
Pro Prospect
And1: 413

Re: Troy Weaver’s Free Agency Plan!!!!! 

Post#21 » by joeposh » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:59 am

bstein14 wrote:Trey Burke signed a 3 year $10 million deal with Dallas... He is a guy I would have been thrilled to sign at 3 years $12 million. I still think he has a lot of upside and he played well for Dallas in the playoffs. I think he'd be a perfect scoring guard off the bench for cheap.

Trey has bounced around the league and finally found a good landing spot in Dallas, playing for a team that's in the playoffs and trending up. A lot of these other young guys we're landing now are looking for a chance to prove themselves, while Trey is likely looking for a chance to compete. We're basically the opposite right now.
pistonpat
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#22 » by pistonpat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 am

We are still trying to determine what the plan is as we continue to accumulate expensive centers in 2020... Bradley, Dedmon, Plumlee.....
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#23 » by coordinator0 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:03 am

So there's obviously something in the works. It's not like Weaver and the rest of the front office didn't know they already had Stewart, Bradley, and Dedmon on the roster and they didn't just decide to sign Plumlee and Okafor on a whim. This was planned.

Why was it planned? Eh... not sure about that. Especially in regards to Plumlee. But it's not a crippling move to whatever. Still, there's moves to come.

Wait. Jerami Grant. What? Okay, I'll see myself out.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#24 » by coordinator0 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:54 am

I'm assuming Griffin will be traded shortly. Ariza too or he's bought out. Dedmon and McGruder are being stretched. So that leaves the team with:

PG: Rose - Hayes
SG: Mykhailiuk - Jackson
SF: Bey - Musa
PF: Grant - Doumbouya
C: Plumlee - Stewart - Okafor - Bradley

Lee is one of the two-way players and then there's also the possibility of Hands or Sirvydis (unlikely for the latter). You can kind of see a theme there, and a structure that the new additions fit into. Plumlee still baffles me though.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,226

Post#25 » by thesack12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 am

Hey Troy, quit "attacking" free agency. Step back and play a little defense
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#26 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:33 pm

I can’t wait until Weaver’s press conference to hear how he explains this abortion. I will now have a visceral reaction anytime he uses the term “Restoring”.

Return to Detroit Pistons