ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,839

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath 

Post#501 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:10 am

robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Dakomish, this is good stuff. Norton really nails it here. He's correct.

First, almost everyone, regardless of sides, have been attributing too much credit to Trump or his minions for having a coherent strategy to contest the election. They don't and I'm 100% with Ed that this was a giant stalling tactic to buy Trump time because he really is screwed. His world is collapsing fast. Deutche Bank is calling in its loans shortly. NYS is prepping charges not just against him, but against Rudy too (who is also stalling his date with destiny).

but they were not competent or coordinated. Sure, if lightning struck and for some perverse reason they overturned the results of course they'd love that, but they had no expectation of it. It was a throw chit at the wall strategy and a large part of that was pumping out phony accusations so the base would repeat it and carry that torch past the point the media like Fox moved on which we already see happening. so it worked as a distraction only and any effectiveness as a deflection from having to concede and initiate the transition will likely be ending soon.

In sum, they bought themselves about a month to shred documents and grift some money for their legal expenses. Essentially, they are probably committing a raft of crimes right now to try to escape the karma of their earlier crimes

Ed says what I've been telling y'all. Trump and his family are so on fire they do not have the bandwidth or resources to plot their future either in business, media or politics. They are flailing about to forestall (or escape) their looming bankruptcies and prosecutions. They literally have their hands full with surviving their collapsing house of cards and that's the only true thing on their dance card now. They are screwed. Don't underestimate how much trouble they are in and how much everything now is about reacting to these upcoming troubles pre-emptively.

But they are not highly competent about much so I don't expect any of them to escape their fate unless they disappear and have plastic surgery.

a cornered animal is a dangerous animal. don't underestimate how far they will go to survive. the latest plan is simply asking republicans to ignore the vote and just give him the election. that's really what the plan is. let's see how many play along. several rats are starting to leave the sinking ship

That meeting at the WH has backfired enormously. Google it. Again, the plan is BS with zero chance of success, so sure call it a plan if you want, it's just not a plan for successfully overturning the election results
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#502 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:21 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Dakomish, this is good stuff. Norton really nails it here. He's correct.

First, almost everyone, regardless of sides, have been attributing too much credit to Trump or his minions for having a coherent strategy to contest the election. They don't and I'm 100% with Ed that this was a giant stalling tactic to buy Trump time because he really is screwed. His world is collapsing fast. Deutche Bank is calling in its loans shortly. NYS is prepping charges not just against him, but against Rudy too (who is also stalling his date with destiny).

but they were not competent or coordinated. Sure, if lightning struck and for some perverse reason they overturned the results of course they'd love that, but they had no expectation of it. It was a throw chit at the wall strategy and a large part of that was pumping out phony accusations so the base would repeat it and carry that torch past the point the media like Fox moved on which we already see happening. so it worked as a distraction only and any effectiveness as a deflection from having to concede and initiate the transition will likely be ending soon.

In sum, they bought themselves about a month to shred documents and grift some money for their legal expenses. Essentially, they are probably committing a raft of crimes right now to try to escape the karma of their earlier crimes

Ed says what I've been telling y'all. Trump and his family are so on fire they do not have the bandwidth or resources to plot their future either in business, media or politics. They are flailing about to forestall (or escape) their looming bankruptcies and prosecutions. They literally have their hands full with surviving their collapsing house of cards and that's the only true thing on their dance card now. They are screwed. Don't underestimate how much trouble they are in and how much everything now is about reacting to these upcoming troubles pre-emptively.

But they are not highly competent about much so I don't expect any of them to escape their fate unless they disappear and have plastic surgery.

a cornered animal is a dangerous animal. don't underestimate how far they will go to survive. the latest plan is simply asking republicans to ignore the vote and just give him the election. that's really what the plan is. let's see how many play along. several rats are starting to leave the sinking ship

That meeting at the WH has backfired enormously. Google it. Again, the plan is BS with zero chance of success, so sure call it a plan if you want, it's just not a plan for successfully overturning the election results

True but these actions must have repercussions or they will push it even further next time when the election is closer and they possible have better facts or they perpetrated a better-hatched scheme with judges who are in their pockets? Who knows? But they can't be allowed to get away with this, Trump, and his cronies, in particular.

I think the female lawyer (her name escapes me at the moment) and Giuliani need to brought up on disciplinary charges before the their respective licensing boards, for starters, and, of course, the criminal charges against Trump, et al.

Senator Dick Durbin is already talking about letting Trump and the rest of them off the hook because "we can't get bogged down in criminal prosecutions with so much else on our plate that demands our immediate attention." We need to have accountability especially now. We can walk and chew gum.
Free Palestine
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#503 » by Oscirus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:24 am

Heres the question what happens if trump simply says, no I dont recognize the results of this election? I know whats supposed to happen but whats actually going to happen when push comes to shove?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#504 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:26 am

Oscirus wrote:Heres the question what happens if trump simply says, no I dont recognize the results of this election? I know whats supposed to happen but whats actually going to happen when push comes to shove?

You mean like he barricades himself in the Oval Office for real? I can only wish that that happens. :lol:
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#505 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

True but these actions must have repercussions or they will push it even further next time when the election is closer and they possible have better facts or they perpetrated a better-hatched scheme with judges who are in their pockets? Who knows? But they can't be allowed to get away with this, Trump, and his cronies, in particular.

I think the female lawyer (her name escapes me at the moment) and Giuliani need to brought up on disciplinary charges before the their respective licensing boards, for starters, and, of course, the criminal charges against Trump, et al.

Senator Dick Durbin is already talking about letting Trump and the rest of them off the hook because "we can't get bogged down in criminal prosecutions with so much else on our plate that demands our immediate attention." We need to have accountability especially now. We can walk and chew gum.

Read on Twitter

blowback is already happening in Michigan

some of this activity is going to be investigated on a state and congressional level. It is not all going to be forgotten and forgiven
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#506 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:35 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Heres the question what happens if trump simply says, no I dont recognize the results of this election? I know whats supposed to happen but whats actually going to happen when push comes to shove?

You mean like he barricades himself in the Oval Office for real? I can only wish that that happens. :lol:

what happens is the Secret Service uses a battering ram to the oval office door that will knock down the pillow fort Trump will be hiding in and they will drag him out. That's what happens
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#507 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:57 am

Read on Twitter

Do you believe me now?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#508 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 am

Read on Twitter

So Vornado sandbags Trump. This was probably the only major liqudity event he could have looked forward to.

Trump is scrambling now

It will be interesting to see if Vornado then brokers a deal AFTER Trump defaults on his loans
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#509 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:04 am

State election certifications are rolling in. Arizona, PA, GA all should be wrapped up by Monday.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,346

Post#510 » by dakomish23 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:19 am

He’ll get dragged out then IF he doesn’t somehow overturn the election
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#511 » by dakomish23 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:20 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

Do you believe me now?

No one ever said a grift wasn’t a part of the package.

With this family, a grift is always a part of the package.

We said it’s not just a grift and/or tantrum

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#512 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:27 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

Do you believe me now?

No one ever said a grift wasn’t a part of the package.

With this family, a grift is always a part of the package.

We said it’s not just a grift and/or tantrum

75 cents on the dollar!

You can't beat that
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#513 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 am

Donald Jr. got COVID. So there’s that.
Free Palestine
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#514 » by kane » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:47 am

ironic trump told his voters to stay home and if he didn't do that he might of actually won just legit lmao

his first attempt was just to cry voter fraud and sue everyone but he lost by way to much to overturn enough, so his second move is to try to just delegitimize votes in enough counties where he lost by using intimidation and i wouldn't put it past him most likely bribes .... because he needs alot of bad actors in multiple states to have any chance with his coup, witch is not only immoral and completely illegal

on his way out he is doing everything he can tear this country apart, he and anyone around him is going to go down as one of the most corrupt administrations american history
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#515 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 am

kane wrote:ironic trump told his voters to stay home and if he didn't do that he might of actually won just legit lmao

his first attempt was just to cry voter fraud and sue everyone but he lost by way to much to overturn enough, so his second move is to try to just delegitimize votes in enough counties where he lost by using intimidation and i wouldn't put it past him most likely bribes .... because he needs alot of bad actors in multiple states to have any chance with his coup, witch is not only immoral and completely illegal

on his way out he is doing everything he can tear this country apart, he and anyone around him is going to go down as one of the most corrupt administrations american history

Trump told he voters to stay at home with respect to the Election? I don't recall that. I do recall him telling his supporters to vote twice. Once with a mail-in and then again in-person.
Free Palestine
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#516 » by BallSacBounce » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:36 am

Trump gets another four years and everyone lives happily ever after.

Seriously though, no one would support a temper tantrum I'm not leaving and that's that. We all need to see the evidence. So let's wait for it. It's either there or it isn't.

No harm no foul either way at least on that one point. Let's just make sure everything is transparent and there was no election changing hanky panky and then get on with our lives.

There have been issues raised, serious ones by serious people and once that genie is out it can't be ignored it has to be proven or disproven.

So if it's all bull then then the Democratic team should find it easy enough to dispense with. There are hundreds of affidavits from private citizens with eyewitness accounts of voter fraud, including one from someone who was working for Dominion. Let's see how it all works out.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#517 » by bigfnjoe96 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:

Trump gets another four years and everyone lives happily ever after.

Seriously though, no one would support a temper tantrum I'm not leaving and that's that. We all need to see the evidence. So let's wait for it. It's either there or it isn't.

No harm no foul either way at least on that one point. Let's just make sure everything is transparent and there was no election changing hanky panky and then get on with our lives.

There have been issues raised, serious ones by serious people and once that genie is out it can't be ignored it has to be proven or disproven.

So if it's all bull then then the Democratic team should find it easy enough to dispense with. There are hundreds of affidavits from private citizens with eyewitness accounts of voter fraud, including one from someone who was working for Dominion. Let's see how it all works out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#518 » by dakomish23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 am

Finally admitting the endgame.

Get Congress and/or SCOTUS to overturn the will of the people.

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#519 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:14 am

dakomish23 wrote:Finally admitting the endgame.

Get Congress and/or SCOTUS to overturn the will of the people.

Read on Twitter

Don't know what that MAGA lady is thinking because the PA judge just threw out the case with prejudice which means it can't be relitigated if I understand the implications correctly
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#520 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:17 am

GA race getting weird

Perdue implicated in third instance of insider trading and linked to Loeffler in the process

Loeffler may now have covid so she won't be campaigning during quarantine until they sort out her test results

Pence and Perdue were maskless at the preceding event with Loeffler they attended so more spreading continues among the GOP

Return to New York Knicks