RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: We got Harrell!! 

Post#21 » by kblo247 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:15 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good price

Kuzma has become completely expendable now. Time to trade him for the best defensive player we can get.

Did you miss Pelinka saying Kuzma can feel Danny’s role and they envision him growing in what he did defensively as well as going to negotiate an extension with him
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#22 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:16 am

kblo247 wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good price

Kuzma has become completely expendable now. Time to trade him for the best defensive player we can get.

Did you miss Pelinka saying Kuzma can feel Danny’s role and they envision him growing in what he did defensively as well as going to negotiate an extension with him

yes and I also know not to take Pelinka's words for reality either. lol
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#23 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:21 am

Let me be honest here (I never said this during season about the hobos ) but one of the main reasons I was a little scared of that team was harrel. That dude offensively can bring it and is as good as any starter out there.

Defensively I'm sure Vogel will strategically use him better than doc.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
eckoner
Sixth Man
And1: 208

Post#24 » by eckoner » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:27 am

Beethoven wrote:Let me be honest here (I never said this during season about the hobos ) but one of the main reasons I was a little scared of that team was harrel. That dude offensively can bring it and is as good as any starter out there.

Of course i hated him but now wearing our jersey i love him.....One thing we were lacking was protection for LBJ and Davis going to the hole...hes kinda Rodman like as it relates to protecting his guys. Then he brings a mental energy that hopefully will spread because we are not soft ...lol but room for improvement there lol
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#25 » by mcscotty » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:28 am

Wow!! We all know what Harrell brings. Fearless rim protector. Efficient scorer that gets a ton of buckets. Seamless fit. Nothing to dislike about this.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#26 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 am

eckoner wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Let me be honest here (I never said this during season about the hobos ) but one of the main reasons I was a little scared of that team was harrel. That dude offensively can bring it and is as good as any starter out there.

Of course i hated him but now wearing our jersey i love him.....One thing we were lacking was protection for LBJ and Davis going to the hole...hes kinda Rodman like as it relates to protecting his guys. Then he brings a mental energy that hopefully will spread because we are not soft ...lol but room for improvement there lol

yes...ABSOLUTELY!!
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#27 » by lautreamont » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:34 am

mcscotty wrote:Wow!! We all know what Harrell brings. Fearless rim protector. Efficient scorer that gets a ton of buckets. Seamless fit. Nothing to dislike about this.

Well, he's not a good defender, but his motor and energy level is really high and he's a bully on the offensive side.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#28 » by mcscotty » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:39 am

lautreamont wrote:
mcscotty wrote:Wow!! We all know what Harrell brings. Fearless rim protector. Efficient scorer that gets a ton of buckets. Seamless fit. Nothing to dislike about this.

Well, he's not a good defender, but his motor and energy level is really high and he's a bully on the offensive side.

Well, he's not afraid to get his body in front of guys driving to the rim. Lead the league in charges drawn.
TJM217
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#29 » by TJM217 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:41 am

Man wasn't he the reason the Clips were getting killed in the playoffs? Great reg season player tho
Lake Show Baby!!!
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#30 » by TyCobb » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:43 am

Wow! This is awesome! That's whats up!!!
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#31 » by lautreamont » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:43 am

mcscotty wrote:
lautreamont wrote:

Well, he's not afraid to get his body in front of guys driving to the rim. Lead the league in charges drawn.

If he has the desire he can improve on the defensive side. He's got the energy level and he plays hard.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:47 am

TJM217 wrote:Man wasn't he the reason the Clips were getting killed in the playoffs?

No not really. There was a huge (and ongoing) discussion on clipper boards, of factors to their failure and it isn't seen too much as trez being anyone who primarily contributed to it.

Taken within all the context of that last two months it can be understandable for his two shortcomings (trying to defend jokic and Dallas bigs) but i believe under a new coaching staff (Vogel will not set him up for failure ) and a different team culture (BRON) he'll work well I'm thinking.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#33 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:53 am

TJM217 wrote:Man wasn't he the reason the Clips were getting killed in the playoffs? Great reg season player tho

PG and Kawhi went 10-38 in game 7. That has little to do with Harrell. lol
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#34 » by Vae Victus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:55 am

Harrell is a one way player who's utterly horrific on D, no range, undersized, toxic attitude.

I can see why the Lakers took him, he was prolly the only major FA that was willing to take a 1+1 player option MLE, so he wont hurt 2021 cap space and there's an extremely high likelihood he'll opt out to seek a big payday next offseason. Hurting the Clips depth definitely also factored in this deal.

I just hope Lebron and Vogel can rein in his worst aspects. Doc Rivers literally coddled this **** and gave Harrell a shitton of mins at the expense of Zubac who was playing very well, yet Harrell ended up being a toxic psycho in the lockerroom.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#35 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 am

Vae Victus wrote:Harrell is a one way player who's utterly horrific on D, no range, undersized, toxic attitude.

I can see why the Lakers took him, he was prolly the only major FA that was willing to take a 1+1 player option MLE, so he wont hurt 2021 cap space and there's an extremely high likelihood he'll opt out to seek a big payday next offseason. Hurting the Clips depth definitely also factored in this deal.

I just hope Lebron and Vogel can rein in his worst aspects. Doc Rivers literally coddled this **** and gave Harrell a shitton of mins at the expense of Zubac who was playing very well, yet Harrell ended up being a toxic psycho in the lockerroom.

lol please, Harrell was the least of the Clippers problems last year. Kawhi was the biggest issue chemistry wise and we saw the reason for this in the last FA. No one wants to be coddled as much as Kawhi, not Dwight, Durant, Lebron etc... If you are competitive you want to see your teammates the same way. Kawhi is a terrible teammate. Plain and simple.
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#36 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:05 am

If the Lakers make this guy play cerebral basketball without making stupid things serious with a good defense wich is probably because this team is really good at defending and being a team well oiled. This guy could be a monster in this Lakers style much better than now because he has the tools to be an amazing two way player.

Doesn't going to miss the interior scoring and offensive rebounds of Dwight and going to win more transition game with him off the bench.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:08 am

THREE HEADED MONSTER FRONTCOURT
BRON TREZ A.D .!!!

(now, if we got ibaka..wouldnt that be somethin? )
:lol: 8-)
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#38 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 am

Beethoven wrote:THREE HEADED MONSTER FRONTCOURT
BRON TREZ A.D .!!!

(now, if we got ibaka..wouldnt that be somethin? )
:lol: 8-)

no space for Ibaka now. Not that we are desperate for him.

the most logical move right now is to trade Kuzma for the best 3&D player we can get for him.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#39 » by TylersLakers » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:14 am

Unbelievable signing. Never would have imagined in a million years we would have got him. I'm imagining LeBron with the ball, calling for double screen set by Harrell and AD, with AD popping and Harrell diving to the rim. Like.. how do you stop that?

Roster:

LeBron
AD
Schroder
Harrell
Matthews
Caruso
THT
McGee
Kuz

We have 20 million left before we're hard-capped according to Bobby Marks. Is that enough to re-sign KCP, and sign 4 more minimum guys? We'll find out.

Really hope they can somehow find a taker for McGee.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#40 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:15 am

siFy wrote:If the Lakers make this guy play cerebral basketball without making stupid things serious with a good defense wich is probably because this team is really good at defending and being a team well oiled. This guy could be a monster in this Lakers style much better than now because he has the tools to be an amazing two way player.

Doesn't going to miss the interior scoring and offensive rebounds of Dwight and going to win more transition game with him off the bench.

Vogel has clearly demonstrated that he is far better than Doc over the last Decade in getting his players to buy into the defensive part of the game.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers