Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,830

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#923 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:15 am

Clippers on full tilt now!! Re-signing marcus Morris to 16 million per year for 4 years !!!

Today has been up there in biggest entertainment along w Game6 Finals championship blowout win and Game7 hobos implosion.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#924 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 am

Beethoven wrote:Clippers on full tilt now!! Re-signing marcus Morris to 16 million per year for 4 years !!!

Today has been up there in biggest entertainment along w Game6 Finals championship blowout win and Game7 hobos implosion.

only one year left on Kawhi and Paul George's contracts. Clippers could find themselves at the bottom of the league for a while with no chance to rebuild after all these picks being traded away.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#925 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:33 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Clippers on full tilt now!! Re-signing marcus Morris to 16 million per year for 4 years !!!

only one year left on Kawhi and Paul George's contracts. Clippers could find themselves at the bottom of the league for a while with no chance to rebuild after all these picks being traded away.

Here's the thing about that ; im one of the rare few who believe the hobos will re-sign both those bozos to a MAX ALBATROSS deals in 2021 and theyll eventually become the next cp3/wall/Westbrook contracts theyll be desperate to move.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#926 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:Warriors and Bucks have serious problems right now. Klay's injury put the Warriors out of championship contention while Bogdanovic messed up Buck's plan big time. Things are moving fast right now and I'm excited on what will be our next move after the Schroeder trade.

Did Bogdan mess up the Bucks plan or did the Kings messed up the Bucks plan by not running it by Bogdan that he was getting traded before he had elected to op in or out of his contract?

Either way it's good. Especially now that Bogdan is being linked to us.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#927 » by stan francisco » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:38 am

I’m hoping Rob steals Adams before he goes to the Pelicans. Can we offer them Harrell and JMG?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#928 » by Kilroy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:51 am

I don't think we really need Marc at this point... I'd rather give the rest of our Bigs money to Cousins and let him play his way back slowly behind McGee and Harrell...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#929 » by zuju » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 am

Kilroy wrote:I don't think we really need Marc at this point... I'd rather give the rest of our Bigs money to Cousins and let him play his way back slowly behind McGee and Harrell...

Harrell is not a 5. If we are playing a small ball line up with AD and Harrell, AD will be guarding opposing 5.
So, we basically have Mcgee as our 5 now given that AD does not want to play the center position

I honestly think there is some lopsided trade this offseason, e.g. the kelly oubre trade and the Adams trade. Mainly due to financial reasons?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#930 » by Kilroy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:05 am

zuju wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I don't think we really need Marc at this point... I'd rather give the rest of our Bigs money to Cousins and let him play his way back slowly behind McGee and Harrell...

Harrell is not a 5. If we are playing a small ball line up with AD and Harrell, AD will be guarding opposing 5.
So, we basically have Mcgee as our 5 now given that AD does not want to play the center position

I honestly think there is some lopsided trade this offseason, e.g. the kelly oubre trade and the Adams trade. Mainly due to financial reasons?

I know Harrell is not a 5, but Cousins would still play behind him in the rotation, because Ad would be sliding to the 5 when Harrell was in, and Harrell is obviously going to get decent minutes.
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#931 » by zuju » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:42 am

Kilroy wrote:
zuju wrote:

I know Harrell is not a 5, but Cousins would still play behind him in the rotation, because Ad would be sliding to the 5 when Harrell was in, and Harrell is obviously going to get decent minutes.

AD doesn't like playing the 5 a lot.
I guess AD plays 30 mins a game this season. The remaining 18 mins goes to Harrell.
We can see AD playing center for some short stretches due to match up problems, approximately 7-10 mins a game on average?
So Harrell will play around 25-28 mins a game. And, I see him getting minutes against bigger wings too esp if we somehow have a 3-pt shooting center in the squad.
We are still thin at the center position with Mcgee plus Cousins in the fold.
Mcgee has shown that he is useless in the postseason. Cousins condition and health is still uncertain. Got to work his way back slowly.
We have to get 1 more center who is usable in the playoffs. With Harrell signed using MLE, Ibaka is out of the picture unless for a sign and trade deal which aimed on getting Bodgan

Biyombo, TT, Harry Giles, Marc Gasol, WCS, Noel, Zizic, Favors and Gibson are all still available for grabs
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#932 » by stan francisco » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Kris Dunn signs with Hawks.

Rob, pounce on Rondo now!!!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#933 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Rondo to Atlanta :(
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#934 » by Beethoven » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:15 am

Avery gone
Rondo gone
Green gone
Dwight gone

Kcp?

We are definitely missing a good chunk of our original identity.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#935 » by bellabiyel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 am

if only we could keep one of dwight or rondo but im fine with that.avery? we won the bubble without him and danny easy replaced by matthews with less money..
AUSTHIM REAVES
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#936 » by Kilroy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:49 am

Beethoven wrote:Avery gone
Rondo gone
Green gone
Dwight gone

Kcp?

Caruso stepped up and took Avery's place and then some... He's also got a bit of Rondo there too...
We got Schroeder, who's got attitude and a bit of dog in him too, and can absolutely light it up
And Wes Mathews, and between the 2 of them that's a lot more than what green brought to the table...
We got Harrell... Who is like a Modern NBA version of Dwight and will matchup much better with the way the league is now... He's a dog too...
THT is ready to get some real minutes too...

It's a different identity for sure, and we're going to miss the hell out of Rondo's ability to run the offense... But I think we improved across the board...
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#937 » by BEazy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:04 am

GB downplaying our offseason. They're saying they're less scared of us this season than last season because we lost Dwight, Rondo, and Avery...SMH...LMAO...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#938 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:26 am

Kilroy wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Avery gone
Rondo gone
Green gone
Dwight gone

Kcp?

Caruso stepped up and took Avery's place and then some... He's also got a bit of Rondo there too...
We got Schroeder, who's got attitude and a bit of dog in him too, and can absolutely light it up
And Wes Mathews, and between the 2 of them that's a lot more than what green brought to the table...
We got Harrell... Who is like a Modern NBA version of Dwight and will matchup much better with the way the league is now... He's a dog too...
THT is ready to get some real minutes too...

It's a different identity for sure, and we're going to miss the hell out of Rondo's ability to run the offense... But I think we improved across the board...

I agree with you that the yare upgrades to Dwight and Rondo but Caruso don't have no bit of Rondo's IQ or ability to playmake and Harrell can't be a modern day Dwight because Dwight is one of the highest IQ defensive bigs to ever lace sneakers.

The talent upgrade is there because of the age and fit throughout the season. Honestly Wes for Danny is a wash, Danny has bigger highs and lower lows, but Wes is more steady nightly. Caruso is ready to do a bit of what Bradley did more so than Rondo.

All we really need is one more big. And it could have been Dwight. HE didn't even get a fully guaranteed vet min from Phili, but I do get leaving if you are him. Embid will be out of shape and he will miss games for rest so you will get to start and possibly get paid next summer.
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#939 » by bellabiyel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:34 am

flippers gets ibaka .that guy missed kawhi so much
AUSTHIM REAVES
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#940 » by Beethoven » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:45 am