ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#841 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:32 am

Heard Barton removed all Nuggets-related features from his Instagram acct.....does he know something we only speculate/hope for ???

:lol: :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,331

Post#842 » by DaFan334 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:47 am

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:So Bogdan Bogdanovic is a restricted free agent and his prior (non)-agreement with Milwaukee is null. That raises a unique situation in that his contract salary amount is likely at or above $15 mil a year as per that non agreement and Sacramento would trade him in a sign and trade.

That's less than Garry Harris's salary and Gary is a starter unlike what Milwaukee was trying to send back.

I wonder if there is a possible Serbian connection here.

Both Barton and Harris would work financially and it sounds like Bogdanovic has his eye on another team, I would love for us to get him. Especially if we could do it for Barton and keep our elite perimeter defender as well.

Brian Windhurst just said on ESPN that the majority of the league complained of tampering and this might have been the response to avoid any fines. We will see.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#843 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:31 pm

DaFan334 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:So Bogdan Bogdanovic is a restricted free agent and his prior (non)-agreement with Milwaukee is null. That raises a unique situation in that his contract salary amount is likely at or above $15 mil a year as per that non agreement and Sacramento would trade him in a sign and trade.

That's less than Garry Harris's salary and Gary is a starter unlike what Milwaukee was trying to send back.

I wonder if there is a possible Serbian connection here.

Both Barton and Harris would work financially and it sounds like Bogdanovic has his eye on another team, I would love for us to get him. Especially if we could do it for Barton and keep our elite perimeter defender as well.

Brian Windhurst just said on ESPN that the majority of the league complained of tampering and this might have been the response to avoid any fines. We will see.

I can see that, but if so much of the league is complaining than they may not be able to do the deal at all.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#844 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter

I don't know much about Hoop Central but with all the issues in Houston I am not shocked that teams are not liking what they hear about Harden.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,664

Post#845 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 am

Fournier named Denver and Clippers as possible trade destinations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33

Post#846 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:50 am

basketballRob wrote:Fournier named Denver and Clippers as possible trade destinations.

Hope the Clippers enjoy that salary :lol:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#847 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:53 am

basketballRob wrote:Fournier named Denver and Clippers as possible trade destinations.

Well, if every player that says they might go to Denver or someone else said they might go to Denver all actually came to Denver, we could start our own Denver Basketball Association with 20 teams right off. :lol:

Fournier has been mentioned on this board in the past and I think some would like adding him and some wouldn't - but it would all depend on what was given up for him. It seems likely that he'd be coming off the bench in Denver, so I don't think they want that salary on their bench.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#848 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:36 am

skywalker33 wrote:

Hope the Clippers enjoy that salary :lol:

I posted a Fournier trade a page or two ago, for the right deal I would take him. We could trade Barton for him and maybe get incentive, and while it increases salary for 1 year, he is a good fit as a bench scorer.

Think about it this way if we trade Morris and Dozier is the starter at PG than we need a scoring SG that can play on and off the ball. Which Fournier has developed over the years.

With KBD and Cancar at backup SF, and Bol/? at PF and who knows at backup C, than we need our back court to score. Dozier is a good enough defender to guard good backup guards, KBD and Cancar reportedly are defensive players (go look at Cancar's comments last training camp), Bol is basically a rookie, and our center is likely a cheap placeholder for a year, so it makes sense for us to have an offense 1st guy.

A year from now we should have Hampton ready or we can re-sign Fournier to a 6th man type of deal.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#849 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Well, if every player that says they might go to Denver or someone else said they might go to Denver all actually came to Denver, we could start our own Denver Basketball Association with 20 teams right off. :lol:

Fournier has been mentioned on this board in the past and I think some would like adding him and some wouldn't - but it would all depend on what was given up for him. It seems likely that he'd be coming off the bench in Denver, so I don't think they want that salary on their bench.

Hey it is a nice feeling to have guys around the league even mention Denver, it wasn't that long ago that we lost 2 all star type players because they didn't want to be here.

I would trade Barton for Fournier and a protected pick right now, he is what we need off the bench.

A scorer that can get baskets when Jokic and Murray are both being doubled. He is a bench scorer that has learned to play off the ball as well, and would work good with all the young guys we have at PG and SF as the scorer and than an off the ball shooter when Jokic and Murray are on the court. He shot 42.8% on spot up 3s this year.

Fournier is about average on defense, not good but not terrible. He can eat into some of Harris's minutes, keeping Harris healthier for the nights we need him the most. Have Harris average 22 and Fournier 26 and maybe Harris can play the full season.

Barton can go be the veteran starter on a rebuilding team, he seems more worried about being the starter than he is about winning, so why not give him what he wants? He is a better all around player than Fournier, and he makes slightly less, so we deserve a pick but Fournier can fit what we really need.

Fournier's deal expires next year, that gives us a full year to work with Hampton to get his shot and defense fixed, so he can be the 6th man next year. If he isn't what we expect we can re-sign Fournier on a 6th man deal next year.

Also with the cap space around the league already declining, Grant is likely getting a decent deal around $15-18 million dollar a year, with the extra $3.1 million is not going to put us near the tax since we have so many young guys.
skywalker33

Post#850 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:43 am

The Rebel wrote:I posted a Fournier trade a page or two ago, for the right deal I would take him. We could trade Barton for him and maybe get incentive, and while it increases salary for 1 year, he is a good fit as a bench scorer.

Think about it this way if we trade Morris and Dozier is the starter at PG than we need a scoring SG that can play on and off the ball. Which Fournier has developed over the years.

With KBD and Cancar at backup SF, and Bol/? at PF and who knows at backup C, than we need our back court to score. Dozier is a good enough defender to guard good backup guards, KBD and Cancar reportedly are defensive players (go look at Cancar's comments last training camp), Bol is basically a rookie, and our center is likely a cheap placeholder for a year, so it makes sense for us to have an offense 1st guy.

A year from now we should have Hampton ready or we can re-sign Fournier to a 6th man type of deal.

I agree that Barton for Fournier + 2023 1st would open the conversation, that's probably a deal I would take as I see Barton on his way out anyway. However, taking on that extra $3.5M wouldn't be as impactful as I expected ( for some reason I thought he was at $23mm rather than his current $17M). And dropping the last year off Barton's deal would work as well. That said, not sure ORL would do it for that exact reason let alone add in a #1.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#851 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:19 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I posted a Fournier trade a page or two ago, for the right deal I would take him. We could trade Barton for him and maybe get incentive, and while it increases salary for 1 year, he is a good fit as a bench scorer.

I agree that Barton for Fournier + 2023 1st would open the conversation, that's probably a deal I would take as I see Barton on his way out anyway. However, taking on that extra $3.5M wouldn't be as impactful as I expected ( for some reason I thought he was at $23mm rather than his current $17M). And dropping the last year off Barton's deal would work as well. That said, not sure ORL would do it for that exact reason let alone add in a #1.

I don't think the Magic would worry too much about the 2nd year, they are one of those teams that believe in treading water and drafting/developing prospects. Their GM drafted Giannis, so he seems to be constantly trying to find the next Giannis, and already has a lot of young guys on the roster. Barton with his attitude and game fits right into what they are trying to do.

While Fournier is the better scorer, Barton is clearly better at everything else especially defense, and Barton makes less per year in a year where a lot of teams are going to be hurting for revenue. Maybe the deal only brings back a couple of 2nds, but either way I think it fits for both teams.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#852 » by TunaFish » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:22 am

Kiszla said earlier today, in taking Hampton, "maybe Denver took one small step toward a future beyond Harris. And that would be a very good thing."

I don't think Hampton is ready by a long shot but he is a good prospect. Still, this appears to be a shot at Harris. Perhaps the FO through Kiszla is trying to start the groundwork for fans to see it's time to move on from Garry?

It is no secret that the FO was ready to move both Harris and Barton for Jrue Holiday. It's no secret Barton appears unhappy and his exit from the bubble seems strange. I have heard nothing from Garry Harris and that seems odd with his name swirling around in trade rumors. No denials from the FO about either player connected to the public rumors. I would guess that both expect a trade sooner or later.

This is going to be tricky, going forward if neither player can be easily traded or mollified about returning.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#853 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:11 am

I wonder what it would take to get Detroit to take back Grant in a sign and trade? Maybe they will do us a solid for a favor?

Chicago is looking for a starting PG, that has been rumored for days. What if we trade them Morris and Cancar for Carter JR and Hutchison? They were reportedly shopping Carter Jr, just drafted a young SF and Lavine is their starting SG, so it makes a lot of sense for them.

Fournier seems to want out of Orlando and they were reportedly shopping Gordon. If we got a TPE for Grant we could send them Barton and KBD with Carter Jr going to them for Fournier and Gordon going out for the TPE. The deal gives them the room to sign another veteran for the full MLE, while getting better defense at starting SG, and moving Fournier's deal while picking up a good prospect Center and KBD.

the Nuggets would get Gordon by using the TPE for doing the S&T on Grant, Hutchison for the TPE from the Juancho S&T, and than Fournier for the players we sent out. Gordon can be the 2nd scorer with the bench and spot up with the starters, and Fournier could be our bench scorer. It rounds out the team, leaving the needs as backup PF/C. The deal adds $20.3 million to the salary for next season but should only leave us just under the tax line. Allowing us to sign Campazzo to the taxpayer MLE, sign our rookies, and minimum deals but we would be well into the tax to build out the roster.

I would give us a lineup of
Murray/ Campazzo/ Dozier
Harris/ Fournier/ Hampton
MPJ/ Hutchison/ Craig
Gordon/ Millsap/ Bol
Jokic/ Giles/ Nnaji

Sign Millsap to a 1 year $5 million deal with the deal that he will play based on matchups until the playoffs or injuries.
Sign Harry Giles as the backup C for a minimum type deal.
Bring Craig back on a 1 year $3 million dollar deal.

TLDR
Chicago sends out Carter Jr and Hutchison for Morris and Cancar
Orlando sends out Gordon and Fournier for Carter JR, Barton, and KBD
Denver sends out Fournier, Hutchison and Gordon.
Sign Giles, Millsap, and Craig
DaFan334
Assistant Coach

Post#854 » by DaFan334 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 am

Read on Twitter

I don't necessarily like that deal, but it would be something. Odd to see John Hollinger out of left field with that one.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#855 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:31 am

DaFan334 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't necessarily like that deal, but it would be something. Odd to see John Hollinger out of left field with that one.

It means we are going into the luxury tax, but if you could get them to give up Svi Mykhaliuk and a pick than it would make some sense. Use the MLE on Campazzo, Sign a backup Center for the minimum and we are young but we have some bench depth.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#856 » by TunaFish » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:39 am

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#857 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 am

Read on Twitter
DaFan334
Assistant Coach

Post#858 » by DaFan334 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 am

TunaFish wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is the athletic worth it? Would you mind quoting what you can of that part of the article in here?
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#859 » by TunaFish » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 am

DaFan334 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is the athletic worth it? Would you mind quoting what you can of that part of the article in here?

Pistons, Nuggets, Rockets: The most wildly overrated player in free agency has a home after Jerami Grant inked a three-year, $60 million with Detroit that, amazingly, the Nuggets apparently were willing to match. But Grant preferred the opportunity to be more prominently featured in Detroit and flew the coop. Detroit went all in to get the Nuggets’ fourth-best player

As for the Nuggets, they’ll be fine. Overpaying Grant was always going to be a problem on their books going forward, so in some ways Detroit solved a problem for them. Michael Porter can take over as the starter at 4, or at least a prominent backup, and the Nuggets have their full mid-level exception remaining as well as Bird Rights on Paul Millsap. With $25 million in wiggle room below the luxury tax line, they can afford to overpay Millsap on a one-year deal, use their mid-level exception on another forward, and ink a backup center to a minimum deal.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#860 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:28 am

Bogdanovic is still available and Bjelica is reportedly on the block. I wonder if we can work out something to get a sign and trade done with Grant into cap space and than use the TPE to get Bodanovic and trade barton for Bogdanovic.

Return to Denver Nuggets