The Gordon Hayward Sign-and-Trade Thread

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Who would you like to see the Pacers trade for Hayward?

TJ Leaf ;)
32%
Myles Turner
11%
Victor Oladipo
18%
Aaron Holiday
7%
TJ Warren
7%
Domantas Sabonis
4%
Jeremy Lamb
7%
Don't trade for Gordon Hayward
14%

Total votes: 28

Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

The Gordon Hayward Sign-and-Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by Jake0890 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:54 am

The Gordon Hayward talks deserve their own thread considering how popular the rumor is growing...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 273

Re: The Gordon Hayward Sign-and-Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by HurricaneDij25 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:27 am

McDermott and McConnell.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#3 » by Pacersike » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:54 am

The rumors I'm reading are confirming that Danny Ainge aims for what's beyond the sky in trades.

Luckily for us, because KP is rumored to be making trade offers that are way too generous for a Hayward that just opted out.

KP is probably too emotional because one of the biggest fish in FA wants to sign with the Pacers and he wants that shiny, but declining player/price on his achievements list.

Silver linings everywhere, thank you Danny for your amazing greed :lol: .
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,232

Post#4 » by boomershadow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:58 am

Danny Ainge is a dick lol
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#5 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 am

I'm still processing the idea that the Pacers might rather send Dipo than Myles in a S&T scenario lol... but maybe they think Dipo is gone for good
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#6 » by Pacersike » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 am

boomershadow wrote:Danny Ainge is a dick lol

If the rumors are true, we are offering them Turner, a perfect piece for the Celtics to make them contenders. :-?

The last 2 times the Pacers traded for hometown boys, they traded away a MVP and got lucky that a kiwi was a very bad fit with a Lithuanian player.

We should be grateful for Ainge being so greedy, cuz we are on our way to give up too much for emotional reasons, again.

Edit: forgotten about Teague, but he didn't exactly do much to make us remember him. :D
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#7 » by boomershadow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 am

I really don't love the idea of a Sabonis/Warren/Hayward front court on the defensive end. I'd prefer the deal not to include Turner. And DEFINITELY not Turner and Warren lol.
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 273

Post#8 » by HurricaneDij25 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:56 am

Pacersike wrote:

If the rumors are true, we are offering them Turner, a perfect piece for the Celtics to make them contenders. :-?

The last 2 times the Pacers traded for hometown boys, they traded away a MVP and got lucky that a kiwi was a very bad fit with a Lithuanian player.

We should be grateful for Ainge being so greedy, cuz we are on our way to give up too much for emotional reasons, again.

Edit: forgotten about Teague, but he didn't exactly do much to make us remember him. :D

I know the MVP we gave up was Kawhi Leonard but the whole kiwi with the Lithuanian guy has my head spinning. I’d like to be filled in on this one. :D
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#9 » by boomershadow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 am

HurricaneDij25 wrote:
Pacersike wrote:

I know the MVP we gave up was Kawhi Leonard but the whole kiwi with the Lithuanian guy has my head spinning. I’d like to be filled in on this one. :D

The Kiwi is probably Steven Adams, and Domantas Sabonis has Lithuanian parents but was born in the USA.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#10 » by Vorda » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:17 am

Turner and Doug for Hayward is good deal... Myles was destroyed by every stronger center, he didnt improve his game in 5 years... we need to try something else... Brogdon-Vic-Hayward-Warren-Sabonis look good... maybe we could try to give Oladipo+Lamb for Beal... that would be awsome
pacerfan1984
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#11 » by pacerfan1984 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:52 pm

Hayward isn't even worth Warren straight up in a trade. Hes 30, injured more often than not and wants $100 mil. If Pritch includes any of our starters for him his job should be in jeopardy. Hayward of 2020 is not the 2015 version.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#12 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Do not assume our rumored offers were actually made. It's way too early to blame Pritchard based on what some anonymous agent leaked

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#13 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 pm

With the signing of Justin Holiday, we are technically over the tax line right now by a couple hundred thousand dollars, and we still legally have to fill at least one more roster spot (ideally, two). So, theoretically, if we are to acquire Hayward, we would need to cut some salary in the deal.

Now, on the opposite side, Boston has the ability to use their full MLE right now and stay under the hard cap that using it would cause. I’m not exact on their money right now, but looks like they’re roughly 30m under the hard cap right now. If they plan on using their full MLE, that takes them down to only about $20m they could take back in salary in a possible Hayward S&T. As you can see, they can’t take back the extra salary that we need to get off of.

So, it’s complicated. Even if Ainge wants to help Gordon and doesn’t care about helping Indy, it’s going to be tough, and this all happens whole Boston is also trying to negotiate on their MLE, and maybe even keeping open the chance that they keep Hayward themselves on a long term deal.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#14 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:30 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:With the signing of Justin Holiday, we are technically over the tax line right now by a couple hundred thousand dollars, and we still legally have to fill at least one more roster spot (ideally, two). So, theoretically, if we are to acquire Hayward, we would need to cut some salary in the deal.

Now, on the opposite side, Boston has the ability to use their full MLE right now and stay under the hard cap that using it would cause. I’m not exact on their money right now, but looks like they’re roughly 30m under the hard cap right now. If they plan on using their full MLE, that takes them down to only about $20m they could take back in salary in a possible Hayward S&T. As you can see, they can’t take back the extra salary that we need to get off of.

So, it’s complicated. Even if Ainge wants to help Gordon and doesn’t care about helping Indy, it’s going to be tough, and this all happens whole Boston is also trying to negotiate on their MLE, and maybe even keeping open the chance that they keep Hayward themselves on a long term deal.
This suggests any deal might need a third team.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:43 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:With the signing of Justin Holiday, we are technically over the tax line right now by a couple hundred thousand dollars, and we still legally have to fill at least one more roster spot (ideally, two). So, theoretically, if we are to acquire Hayward, we would need to cut some salary in the deal.

This suggests any deal might need a third team.

Sent from my phone.

Yes. And maybe even a 4th team. One team trades an absolutely useless expiring for Lamb, and the 4th cap space team then takes that absolutely useless expiring into cap space. One or both would have to be compensated, but spreading it would possibly allow a bunch of 2nds instead of firsts or Holiday or Goga.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#16 » by Topofthekey » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 pm

Wizop wrote:Do not assume our rumored offers were actually made. It's way too early to blame Pritchard based on what some anonymous agent leaked

Sent from my phone.

The only appropriate response that should come from KP whenever Ainge mentions Myles is a *click* followed by the dial tone
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#17 » by Pacersike » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:55 pm

boomershadow wrote:
HurricaneDij25 wrote:I know the MVP we gave up was Kawhi Leonard but the whole kiwi with the Lithuanian guy has my head spinning. I’d like to be filled in on this one. :D

The Kiwi is probably Steven Adams, and Domantas Sabonis has Lithuanian parents but was born in the USA.

Correct, Kiwi with capital K :) . Lithuanian basketballplayer, Lithuanian-American guy indeed :D .
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lock it up!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Sounds like Indy was the negotiating ploy for Hayward to get more money, in all likelihood.

Return to Indiana Pacers