Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1041 » by MisterRoy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:43 am

terry wrote:Otto Porter and Tomas Satoransky for John Wall.

Wall or RWB?

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1042 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:50 am

I just wish we would get involved in those bad salaries dumps for picks deals. We have expiring deals in Otto and Felicio and "almost" expiring in Young and Sato, and we're not signing anyone significant with cap space next year.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#1043 » by Andi Obst » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:34 pm

Yikes.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#1044 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 pm

...isn't it good that a lot of Eastern Conference teams are passing us by adding pieces?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,073

Post#1045 » by MrSparkle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:58 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:...isn't it good that a lot of Eastern Conference teams are passing us by adding pieces?

Are they? I feel like everyone made lateral moves or regressed except ATL.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#1046 » by R3AL1TY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Could see a possibility of OPJ for Dinwiddie + Prince if Durant doesn't look 100% like his old self and Dinwiddie + Prince playing time and numbers go down due to Shamet, Levert and Kyrie having a good season leading up to the trade deadline.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#1047 » by sco » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:45 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:...isn't it good that a lot of Eastern Conference teams are passing us by adding pieces?

I'm a bit baffled by the Gallo signing though. That dude is 100% PF. I heard rumors that they didn't want to max out Collins, so expensive insurance possibly.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#1048 » by ChettheJet » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:46 pm

With the draft and now FA signings or missed targets, any number of teams have different needs and surpluses than they had before the draft day. A lot of teams traded for veterans that would seem to displace the younger guys they have and some drafted players at position where they appeared to have young guys in the pipeline. So are they going to move their holdovers? The other thing is that more than ever players got traded once and then moved to other teams in secondary trades. That's where the Bulls need to be evaluating the changing rosters of other teams.

More than anything I wish we here could start looking beyond the same tired old names that kept coming up for months waiting on the draft. I don't think Garrett Temple was on the radar.

From first look, BRK, HOU, MEM, MINN and ORL would be good candidates for a Thad Young trade
BOS, DEN, HOU, MEM, MINN, NYK, ORL could be looking for someone like Otto Porter jr.

Gordon Hayward left BOS, didn't get to IND, the NYK missed out, do any of them look at Porter?
MIL missed out on Bogdanovic and are signing others so he's out there

Memphis is a team that gets my attention, they drafted Desmond Bane at SG, where they have Grayson Allen and Dillon Brooks do they keep all three or trade one or both of the holdovers?
Minnesota is another. They have Russell just got Rubio back, they drafted Edwards still have Culver and oddly signed Beasley for 4 years. So they keep all of them? They have Okogie and Layman drafted McDaniels and look to resign Hernangomez, plus Spellman they're all close in age and experience would they look for a short term veteran at either forward position?
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst

Post#1049 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:07 pm

MrSparkle wrote:

Maybe I'm overstating it as I look at the actual moves -

I feel Washington, ATL, and Charlotte got better.

I think we can swim in that depth but can internal improvement and coaching be enough? Maybe.

I think ORL regressed for sure and the Knicks, Pistons, and Cleveland are still in the cellar.

I don't see the playoffs and I'm not mad because next years draft looks crazy.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,061

Post#1050 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:16 am

Bulls have to be up to something. I just can't imagine they send out pretty much the same roster for this upcoming season. Are they waiting for the dust to settle? Just seems odd to see other teams make so many moves and a team with a new front office not do much. Typically new front offices want to bring in their guys and dump the last GM's guys. I'm hoping for a bombshell of a move to come out of nowhere.
imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#1051 » by imagge » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:13 am

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:Bulls have to be up to something. I just can't imagine they send out pretty much the same roster for this upcoming season. Are they waiting for the dust to settle? Just seems odd to see other teams make so many moves and a team with a new front office not do much. Typically new front offices want to bring in their guys and dump the last GM's guys. I'm hoping for a bombshell of a move to come out of nowhere.

I think just maybe AK took the job because of the players already on the roster....the failures of the past were more organizational than they were personnel.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,061

Post#1052 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 am

imagge wrote:
IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:Bulls have to be up to something. I just can't imagine they send out pretty much the same roster for this upcoming season. Are they waiting for the dust to settle? Just seems odd to see other teams make so many moves and a team with a new front office not do much. Typically new front offices want to bring in their guys and dump the last GM's guys. I'm hoping for a bombshell of a move to come out of nowhere.

I think just maybe AK took the job because of the players already on the roster....the failures of the past were more organizational than they were personnel.

I can understand liking a core of players but typically there is a house cleaning done. There's definitely more work to the roster that needs to be done. You either gut the team and rebuild or add a big piece and try to win now. Staying with the current roster just looks like settling for mediocrity at best. Maybe they are just stuck with what is here.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#1053 » by rtblues » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:16 am

So far, we've seen a whole lot of dumb-ass signings, weird signings, overpays and poor-fit additions to teams. Be glad we're not doing that.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#1054 » by Dominator83 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:31 am

Grodoboldo wrote:I just wish we would get involved in those bad salaries dumps for picks deals. We have expiring deals in Otto and Felicio and "almost" expiring in Young and Sato, and we're not signing anyone significant with cap space next year.

Sato and Thad need to be dumped yesterday
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1055 » by StunnerKO » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Lonzo for Lauri makes sense but would anyone do it ?

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#1056 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 pm

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:
imagge wrote:

I can understand liking a core of players but typically there is a house cleaning done. There's definitely more work to the roster that needs to be done. You either gut the team and rebuild or add a big piece and try to win now. Staying with the current roster just looks like settling for mediocrity at best. Maybe they are just stuck with what is here.

Maybe their stuck with the ones they dislike & maybe they prefer to keep the rest. now that I'm seeing what Oklahoma is doing I can understand why Donovan left cuz I assume they informed him that they were literally cleaning house. Donovan was very knowledgeable about every guy on Oklahoma's roster and we didn't trade for any of those guys which was certainly possible because they were so active and apparently like picks many years from now, feel like we could have tossed a 2024 pick out for a win now guy.

AK & coach I'm sure have made careful evaluations about each guy and so far decided to stand pat or had no choice due to values. Maybe they both liked the core, who knows.

Still, Some kind of splashy trade would have made me feel better that they are being creative.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#1057 » by ChettheJet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:54 pm

sco wrote:I'm a bit baffled by the Gallo signing though. That dude is 100% PF. I heard rumors that they didn't want to max out Collins, so expensive insurance possibly.

ATL seems to have made a lot of moves got a lot of pieces but they might have to start making more or they've got excess

They have Tre Young at PG, signed Rondo and Dunn
they have Huerter and Reddish at SG

I would think they are looking at playing Young some at SG next to both Dunn and Rondo and that makes sense, Except for having Huerter and Reddish at SG, OK one of them starts but when Young slides over both of them sit

At SF they have Hunter they trade for Snell and sign Gallanari who I agree has been a PF. there aren't enough minutes for Hunter to do much playing behind Gallanari and who does Snell talk to on the bench

They still have Collins at the PF, if you think Gallanari can play there when is Okongwu going to get off the bench. Labassiere is good enough for a backup role

Supposedly they have interest in a S&T for Bogdanovic, who are they sending out for him

If the Bulls can get in the way of this Markkanen and Felicio (an expiring they could send to SAC) or Young for Collins, Labassiere and either Hunter or Reddish. I would have no problem resigning Collins for big money rather than extending Lauri.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#1058 » by sco » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:01 pm

ChettheJet wrote:
sco wrote:I'm a bit baffled by the Gallo signing though. That dude is 100% PF. I heard rumors that they didn't want to max out Collins, so expensive insurance possibly.

ATL seems to have made a lot of moves got a lot of pieces but they might have to start making more or they've got excess

They have Tre Young at PG, signed Rondo and Dunn
they have Huerter and Reddish at SG

I would think they are looking at playing Young some at SG next to both Dunn and Rondo and that makes sense, Except for having Huerter and Reddish at SG, OK one of them starts but when Young slides over both of them sit

At SF they have Hunter they trade for Snell and sign Gallanari who I agree has been a PF. there aren't enough minutes for Hunter to do much playing behind Gallanari and who does Snell talk to on the bench

They still have Collins at the PF, if you think Gallanari can play there when is Okongwu going to get off the bench. Labassiere is good enough for a backup role

Supposedly they have interest in a S&T for Bogdanovic, who are they sending out for him

If the Bulls can get in the way of this Markkanen and Felicio (an expiring they could send to SAC) or Young for Collins, Labassiere and either Hunter or Reddish. I would have no problem resigning Collins for big money rather than extending Lauri.

A Lauri for Collins deal would work for me. Collins is imperfect, but he's realized more potential than Lauri.
:clap:
erasmusmrr
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#1059 » by erasmusmrr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Utah Jazz All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell has agreed to a five-year, $195M designated rookie max extension, his agents Ty Sullivan and Austin Brown of
@caa_sports
tell ESPN. Story soon.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1060 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:39 pm

erasmusmrr wrote:Utah Jazz All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell has agreed to a five-year, $195M designated rookie max extension, his agents Ty Sullivan and Austin Brown of
@caa_sports
tell ESPN. Story soon.

I really hope Lauri isnt reading this and thinking he is worth even half of this kind of deal. 2017 class. Because he is not even half good what Mitchell is.

Return to Chicago Bulls