Image ImageImage Image

WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#81 » by ZOMG » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:24 pm

I love this signing (and this thread) from a comedy point of view.
Davell
Junior
And1: 242

Post#82 » by Davell » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Must-read on Temple.....
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#83 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:38 pm

Denzel Valentine didn't waste no time signing the QO.
ROLES & HOLES
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#84 » by The Explorer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Temple looks like a mix of Otto Porter and Denzel Valentine?
85Bears
Pro Prospect
And1: 135

Post#85 » by 85Bears » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 pm

I hope that YouTube Highlight was of him explaining the time value of money and the importance of condoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#86 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm

TheStig wrote:
Clocian wrote:I'm curious to all those critical of AK's moves thus far who they wanted to sign.

I've actually been very supportive of AK's moves but this one is stupid. For a very calculated exec, this is completely crazy. In a couple of days, you'll be able to sign someone like Temple for the min or at worse bi annual exception. No reason to blow more than half your MLE on this guy. What other GM was rushing to sign a 34 year old Garret Temple as FA opened?

Bulls likely have a plan and they decided to stick with it and do job done. Sooner rather than later. Even if something comes up his deal is not overpay or not movable for Bulls to make a deal. 1y/5M aint stopping them from doing such. In meantime his signing confirms Bulls are for now focused on clear development path and I think anyone not in terms with that will be moved.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#87 » by TheStig » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:13 pm

Dominater wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Clocian wrote:I'm curious to all those critical of AK's moves thus far who they wanted to sign.

I've actually been very supportive of AK's moves but this one is stupid. For a very calculated exec, this is completely crazy. In a couple of days, you'll be able to sign someone like Temple for the min or at worse bi annual exception. No reason to blow more than half your MLE on this guy. What other GM was rushing to sign a 34 year old Garret Temple as FA opened?

I don't understand why your so up in arms about the dollar amount. It's pretty clear that AKME is sticking to their plan of not adding any new deals that go beyond this season. I dont care if they were giving Temple. $1 million, $5 million, or $17 million. The part that matters is it's a 1 year deal.

Because his clear FA priority was a 34 year old Garrett Temple to play back up to our best player for most of our only useable mechanism to improve the team. Could have easily gotten someone like that for the min and used the MLE on someone who would actually play a meaningful role. It's very disappointing.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#88 » by TheStig » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:17 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Bulls likely have a plan and they decided to stick with it and do job done. Sooner rather than later. Even if something comes up his deal is not overpay or not movable for Bulls to make a deal. 1y/5M aint stopping them from doing such. In meantime his signing confirms Bulls are for now focused on clear development path and I think anyone not in terms with that will be moved.

Sounds like a pax move. Would have liked someone who could actually still play. Not some 34 year old shooting gaurd that shot at 38% fg.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#89 » by sco » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 pm

TheStig wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
TheStig wrote:I've actually been very supportive of AK's moves but this one is stupid. For a very calculated exec, this is completely crazy. In a couple of days, you'll be able to sign someone like Temple for the min or at worse bi annual exception. No reason to blow more than half your MLE on this guy. What other GM was rushing to sign a 34 year old Garret Temple as FA opened?

Sounds like a pax move. Would have liked someone who could actually still play. Not some 34 year old shooting gaurd that shot at 38% fg.

With a roster this full of young guys who need minutes, you need guys who aren't going to expect a big role but still show the right way to prepare and play and behave. As such, we aren't likely to be looking for a real contributor now that we're splitting the MLE. Makes me think we're going after a guy like Augustine for the rest of the MLE.
:clap:
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

Post#90 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:26 pm

bad knees wrote:Jeez, we needed a backup wing, and we got a decent vet who can still play and is a good locker room presence. On a 1 year deal. I don’t get all the negativity.

He's not decent. He's bad.
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#91 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:40 pm

Nice role player if you consider getting owned by Mokoka in practice a role. :)

I kid, I kid. I like the vet signing. Now please get Sato outta here.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#92 » by TheStig » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:50 pm

sco wrote:
TheStig wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:Bulls likely have a plan and they decided to stick with it and do job done. Sooner rather than later. Even if something comes up his deal is not overpay or not movable for Bulls to make a deal. 1y/5M aint stopping them from doing such. In meantime his signing confirms Bulls are for now focused on clear development path and I think anyone not in terms with that will be moved.

With a roster this full of young guys who need minutes, you need guys who aren't going to expect a big role but still show the right way to prepare and play and behave. As such, we aren't likely to be looking for a real contributor now that we're splitting the MLE. Makes me think we're going after a guy like Augustine for the rest of the MLE.

There are still holes in the roster and the young guys have been injury plagued. No reason not to get someone who could actually play. There was no reason to jump out and grab Temple on the first day of FA on a premium deal. There was no line for him and plenty of guys like him still available and will be availble in the coming days for a min or BAE. Use the MLE on a play making PG that can play 25 mpg and help Coby
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#93 » by sco » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:03 pm

TheStig wrote:
sco wrote:
TheStig wrote:Sounds like a pax move. Would have liked someone who could actually still play. Not some 34 year old shooting gaurd that shot at 38% fg.

There are still holes in the roster and the young guys have been injury plagued. No reason not to get someone who could actually play. There was no reason to jump out and grab Temple on the first day of FA on a premium deal. There was no line for him and plenty of guys like him still available and will be availble in the coming days for a min or BAE. Use the MLE on a play making PG that can play 25 mpg and help Coby

I think they don't want to sign anyone for more than a 1 year deal and they don't seem to be looking for a starting PG. I think they want a guy who they can throw out there in spots to settle guys down. Honestly, I think Sato might be fine in that role under a good coach.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,918

Post#94 » by ChettheJet » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm

How many trade proposals did everybody wade thru that had Dinwiddie, LaVert and Temple coming in exchange for Lavine. The Nets waived Temple so there's the value he had to them. And the Bulls get him without giving up anything. He's probably the right guy for a year, we're either still on the 2021 cap space path or if trading Porter and Young for longer contracts but better players. He's a veteran that knows he's near the end of his career so he's not going to make waves about playing time, he's the mentor that so many wanted to pay somebody $36M to be.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#95 » by TheStig » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:07 pm

sco wrote:
TheStig wrote:
sco wrote:With a roster this full of young guys who need minutes, you need guys who aren't going to expect a big role but still show the right way to prepare and play and behave. As such, we aren't likely to be looking for a real contributor now that we're splitting the MLE. Makes me think we're going after a guy like Augustine for the rest of the MLE.

I think they don't want to sign anyone for more than a 1 year deal and they don't seem to be looking for a starting PG. I think they want a guy who they can throw out there in spots to settle guys down. Honestly, I think Sato might be fine in that role under a good coach.

I agree with the 1 year. I agree with the vet. I don't agree with the amount or quality of player. I also think they're trying to move on from Sato and Young.
85Bears
Pro Prospect
And1: 135

Post#96 » by 85Bears » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:11 pm

ChettheJet wrote:How many trade proposals did everybody wade thru that had Dinwiddie, LaVert and Temple coming in exchange for Lavine. The Nets waived Temple so there's the value he had to them. And the Bulls get him without giving up anything. He's probably the right guy for a year, we're either still on the 2021 cap space path or if trading Porter and Young for longer contracts but better players. He's a veteran that knows he's near the end of his career so he's not going to make waves about playing time, he's the mentor that so many wanted to pay somebody $36M to be.

That is what I thought too. I wanted Chris Paul for the vet role player and “mentor” and we got a $5mil version of that who actually doesn’t need minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#97 » by D_GoLow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:24 pm

The vibe on this board is incredibly toxic.

They sign a versitle 3 and D locker room guy off the bench, WTF where they thinking?!?

I get we have been hurt in the past by GarPax but for Fs sake let AK cook!

This is why we can't have nice things
This is not a moment, it's a movement
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#98 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 pm

D_GoLow wrote:The vibe on this board is incredibly toxic.

They sign a versitle 3 and D locker room guy off the bench, WTF where they thinking?!?

I get we have been hurt in the past by GarPax but for Fs sake let AK cook!

This is why we can't have nice things

People expect some big names or players who can contribute. Maybe push for playoffs, but it's clear if we pushing for playoffs it will be on our youngsters effort not vets bailing them out. Bulls also dont have first cap space for big names. They arent in position for big names even if we had cap. And they arent shelling long term deals at this stage with roster full of question marks. Market in that case is pretty small. This kind of deals dont hurt because plan is 2021 FA. I still think Bulls are trying to get rid of Thad.

Signing Thad was mistake last year. Not necessarily in terms of contract but Bulls clearly sold him a story. And you dont wanna that kind of player on your team. Regardless of new coach and new management.
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#99 » by HINrichPolice » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:09 pm

Which big FA are we targeting with max cap space?

Giannis not being able to shoot a jumper doesn't seem to fit with AK's philosophy.

LeBron too old.

Kawhi??
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,220

Post#100 » by Red8911 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:09 pm

RSP83 wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Pax for Prez wrote:Hopefully this is a depth piece because of a coming trade.

This should make Sato the guy being shipped out.

Rumor around the draft was he was being shopped.

Is Sato really on the block? I think that makes sense. I mean the starting PG spot is Coby's to lose. I don't know what Temple is capable of, but seems like an average player who is average defensively, can hit the 3, can play stopgap PG rule. Between Dunn, Shaq, Sato, all of them are either below average offensively or defensively. I think AK have hinted in his interviews that 2-way players are very important in today's game, and that seems to be the direction we're heading.
I hope they keep Sato, he’s really underrated on this board. Last season they had him as the starting PG but that’s not his role and shouldn’t depend on him to win games. Off the bench as a role player he’s perfect and he’s tall so he can play multiple positions.I like him. If they trade him I wouldn’t get mad either but imo he should stay and will help this team.

Return to Chicago Bulls