ImageImageImage

Seriously....... we went from.....

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Seriously....... we went from..... 

Post#1 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:35 pm

.....30+ million in cap space to stretching two players in about three hours.

And all our picks are either tied up or in warmer cities....

Ted Stepien was the worst owner/GM in history.

Gores/Weaver: “Hold my beer....”
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Re: Seriously....... we went from..... 

Post#2 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:39 pm

My hope is that the Ariza three way deal prevents the stretching. Last think that I want on the books is a 5 year commitment to players not on the roster like Josh Smith.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#3 » by chrbal » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:45 pm

At this point, I’m just waiting to see it all get officially announced, to see what else is involved. Like draft picks coming to or leaving Detroit.

I think it’s something that only the Hayes and bey picks/moves have been made official
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#4 » by rmfc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:48 pm

I am starting to wonder if there is even a plan to trade Griffin any time soon (thanks to Gores).
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#5 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:51 pm

rmfc wrote:I am starting to wonder if there is even a plan to trade Griffin any time soon (thanks to Gores).

Nope. He’s the model in their whole new city edition uniform campaign. His image is literally plastered everywhere. If anything, they doubled down on their commitment to him.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#6 » by The Penguin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:55 pm

Trading Blake? Lol.

I just hope there’s no way Gores can justify handing him another 5 year / $150 mil deal in 2 years.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#7 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:55 pm

BJK1 wrote:
rmfc wrote:I am starting to wonder if there is even a plan to trade Griffin any time soon (thanks to Gores).

Nope. He’s the model in their whole new city edition uniform campaign. His image is literally plastered everywhere. If anything, they doubled down on their commitment to him.

Yeah I hope not. I think that Weaver would trade Griffin plus Hayes and Bey for Al Horford with the ways these trades going down.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#8 » by vtime » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:03 pm

Delon Wright is pretty good, especially at pg. Dallas played him out of position. He was very good in Toronto and Memphis.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#9 » by Canadafan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:12 pm

K, so Going into yesterday we had only $9million in space.
Houston had zero space but signed Wood to a $14/yr deal. We signed wood and traded him to houston using bird rights or something similar?But first we had to use all our space plus the extra cash we got from stretching out dedmon and Gruber. Lol macgruber or whoever the **** that is. :lol: Soooo....we did all that to either take on plumlee and grant on it's own or denver signed and traded them to us and it's a 3way with Ariza going to Denver, Wood going to houston and the two scrubs going to us with hopefully draft picks.
I'm likely way off on this?
I need clarity people! What....is....going....on :banghead:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#10 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:17 pm

The moves are just so idiotic it had me thinking there has to be something else coming. But no this is literally just amateur hour on another level.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#11 » by Canadafan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:19 pm

MotownMadness wrote:The moves are just so idiotic it had me thinking there has to be something else coming. But no this is literally just amateur hour on another level.

Nooooo dont say that lol. There has to be more announcements coming.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#12 » by 440BB » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 pm

I see this as a transitional team with enough vets to set the tone for the youngsters' development in a new culture while still sucking for at least one year. If we move out Rose and possibly Griffin the youngsters will have enough room to develop instead of being thrown into the fire on day one, with hard working defensive veteran leaders in the rotation. Even if we don't move Griffin there's a good chance he will be off the court with an injury for much of the time, leaving plenty of minutes for youngsters and a more consistent offensive plan.

We could have that cap space tied up with Drummond for another year. I'd rather watch the team play hard, stumble a lot and see some rookies and projects show their promise within a new culture.

We are watching them make the sausage which won't be ready to cook until 2023. The $3.7m stretch for 2023, 4 and 5 seems inconsequential to me as the cap rises. We'll have Blake off the books with Grant and Plumlee being tradeable in their last contract year.

Bad enough to be a lottery team again next year, which is what I was looking for, just not in the way I expected.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
JRK
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#13 » by JRK » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:44 pm

We should all wait and see what happens next. These moves are puzzling but I hope there is some plan in the future and maybe they really know what they are doing.
Hard work pays off. Nothing worth having comes easy.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#14 » by SamFlow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:54 pm

JRK wrote:We should all wait and see what happens next. These moves are puzzling but I hope there is some plan in the future and maybe they really know what they are doing.

Yes, it seems chaotic. I'm all for it. Our team sucked before, so even if it sucks now we get a better draft pick in a great draft and are younger. waiting to see how things shake out would be prudent.

I'm quite excited for this new team. And it's not even complete as of yet.

Scrape the bs and try something new. Nothing left to hold us to the previous regime. Well, we still have blake and Rose. It is still early. Let's see what happens.
BigDaddyJungle
pistons
Senior
And1: 16

Post#15 » by pistons » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm

The chaos nor us sucking is the issue .....

The issue is that we are adding veterans who will take away development minutes from the youngsters, take up future cap space we could use to get more picks, AND make us just better enough to be stuck in the 8-10th pick purgatory we have been in for about a decade now ...
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#16 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:51 pm

Nothing about this makes sense. We do all this horse trading on Wednesday to get rookies, then blow all sorts of money to sign vets to play in front of them.

Just when you think there’s direction, there’s none.

This is beyond horrible
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,750

Post#17 » by theBigLip » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Draft seemed okay. But we didn’t need to do anything quick in free agency. We had the cap space. Just sit and wait for the deals to come to us. How we are stretching salaries without getting first round picks is appalling. And any deal that uses next years cap space is a big error. We needed to be ina good position again, like Miami is doing. This looks like a ****.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#18 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:04 pm

vtime wrote:Delon Wright is pretty good, especially at pg. Dallas played him out of position. He was very good in Toronto and Memphis.

Sweet, I look forward to watching him play while Hayes learns from the bench :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#19 » by thesack12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:48 pm

Beware, Weaver still has the room exception at his disposal.

I'm looking forward to the announcement that Pistons have signed Tacko Fall to a 2 year/$10 million contract.

I mean he just lost Dedmon, so he needs a replacement center, right?
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#20 » by bstein14 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:54 pm

We need to just sit and wait now and keep that exception as a possible wild card down the road if a few players end up not finding deals they like. Could end up getting some value later on at a position of need after we get the rookies in and see what we actually have for this season.

Return to Detroit Pistons