ImageImageImage

Trade Thread #6: I Wood Walk 500 Myles

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Will SmartWentCrazy come up with a worthy clap back at Cave?

Yes
27%
No
34%
TheTruth316
39%

Total votes: 67

FeedReed
Starter
And1: 839

Re: Trade Thread #6: I Wood Walk 500 Myles 

Post#2001 » by FeedReed » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Drax wrote:
jirrit wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:In before 100 pages. Nice!

I’m making a run for my first Hall of Shame, I guess y’all noticed but I try to provide semi-quality in the meanwhile.

Talking about Semi, when is the time to accept or deny our option?

Me too, hoping the 6hour sleep didnt cost me too much.

6 hours here too. stayed up till 3 refreshing. crazy the difference between 6 and 7 hours. 7 i’m 100%, 6 i’m half dead.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#2002 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:52 pm

FeedReed wrote:
Drax wrote:
jirrit wrote:
I’m making a run for my first Hall of Shame, I guess y’all noticed but I try to provide semi-quality in the meanwhile.

Talking about Semi, when is the time to accept or deny our option?

Me too, hoping the 6hour sleep didnt cost me too much.

6 hours here too. stayed up till 3 refreshing. crazy the difference between 6 and 7 hours. 7 i’m 100%, 6 i’m half dead.

Problem here is 7 I’m still half dead. Need to get to 8 to be good.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,276

Post#2003 » by Froob » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#2004 » by sully00 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:56 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Drax wrote:
Thats not how it works mate. You have to send out some salary to get someone in return or have cap space. We dont have either, unless you suggested a S&T of Hayward for Adams or trade Kemba for him. Both wouldnt work because OKC dont want long term money.

Good point. If Adams was traded into cap room, then the price to get him while sending empty salary back would likely have been a lot higher.

Presumably it would have been a three-way, with us sending out Hayward and getting Adams (but not Turner), and Indiana sending OKC enough to make them happy with the deal. Tough to see exactly how that would have worked.

Hayward into capspace, NYKs. TPE to Celtics.

Or same with Hawks.

Steven Adams is somewhere around 3x the player Turner is.

Steven Adams has an 8.6 on/off rating greater than Turner.

Myles Turner has had a negative on off rating for the past 2 years.

And every year since his sophmore year his on off rating has fallen. As the league gets more 3 point trick players from the big spot. Myles Turner is a more athletic but less aware and 0 passing talent version of Kelly 0.

Steven Adams is a dinasour, no different than Kanter the league has passed that style of big bye.

Turner and Sabonis are a bad fit and Sabonis has won out. They didn't even play them together until this year and Sabonis got to be the 5 and Turner the 4 and Turner paid the price.

While the post season didn't go well for IND Turner plaid well with Sabonis out very efficient and productive. Short sample but a sign of what he can do at the 5 vs the 4.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#2005 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:34 pm

sully00 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Good point. If Adams was traded into cap room, then the price to get him while sending empty salary back would likely have been a lot higher.

Presumably it would have been a three-way, with us sending out Hayward and getting Adams (but not Turner), and Indiana sending OKC enough to make them happy with the deal. Tough to see exactly how that would have worked.

Or same with Hawks.

And every year since his sophmore year his on off rating has fallen. As the league gets more 3 point trick players from the big spot. Myles Turner is a more athletic but less aware and 0 passing talent version of Kelly 0.

Steven Adams is a dinasour, no different than Kanter the league has passed that style of big bye.

Turner and Sabonis are a bad fit and Sabonis has won out. They didn't even play them together until this year and Sabonis got to be the 5 and Turner the 4 and Turner paid the price.

While the post season didn't go well for IND Turner plaid well with Sabonis out very efficient and productive. Short sample but a sign of what he can do at the 5 vs the 4.

Please re read the plus minus and the importance of Defense, Rebounding, and screen setting in my post. You're quoting it and invalidates yours completely.

In case you haven't, it shows that Turner has decreased in on off every year since his sophmore season and has been a negative player (negative on off) for two years.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#2006 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:35 pm

That said, from a GM perspective I still 100% support a Hayward for Turner trade.

We're looking to win 2-4 years from now, not next year.

And in 2-4 years Hayward will be a worse player than Turner 100%.

But let's please stop kidding ourselvse that Turner is better than Theis or some amazing pickup.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,313

Post#2007 » by hugepatsfan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:43 pm

This Theis > Turner madness needs to stop. It's just not true Turner is a better player than Theis and it's very obvious.

You want to tell me that in a 1 for 1 comparison within the total team building structure that Theis at his contract > Turner at his, then yeah. I would rather keep that money open for stars. But if you have both of them on the same team then Turner is the better player and starting. It's lunacy to suggest otherwise.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,251

Post#2008 » by TheMartian » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Got in before the lock. Ha!
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#2009 » by sully00 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
sully00 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

Or same with Hawks.

Please re read the plus minus and the importance of Defense, Rebounding, and screen setting in my post. You're quoting it and invalidates yours completely.

In case you haven't, it shows that Turner has decreased in on off every year since his sophmore season and has been a negative player (negative on off) for two years.

He is not in a good spot that is why you don't look at one metric you look at everything. Turner is not in a good spot. IND is better with Sabonis on the floor and the two can't play together efficiently.

By the measure you are using Enes Kanter was the second best Cetlics to Jayson Tatum last year and we gave him away.

So OKC sucked last season without Adams on the floor. To Adams credit his rebounding spiked last season. But he isn't a very versatile player, not an impact defender, not someone you can go to to get a bucket and doesn't have range.

Return to Boston Celtics