ImageImageImageImage

Magic re-sign G Michael Carter-Williams to a 2-year contract (no options)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Re: Magic re-sign G Michael Carter-Williams to a 2-year contract (no options) 

Post#21 » by Magic#1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:34 pm

I'm glad we did this. MCW is needed on this team. Of course other aspects of this roster are still disappointing, but I'm glad MCW will still be here.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#22 » by basketballRob » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Hopefully he can have a healthy year. Last year every time he found a groove he got injured.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#23 » by zaymon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:48 pm

I am kind of suprised of the reception. I absolutly love MCW and am glad he wanted to stay with us. With the limited assets that we had we signed four 6'6 guys who have very different skill sets. Aside from trades that will or wont happen i couldnt ask for more. We had very little to spend and the free agent class is not the best speaking lightly.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,077

Post#24 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 pm

The Effect wrote:Laziest gm(s) ever

Once Issac went down the likelihood of an overhaul decreased in my mind drastically. I am not sure you even what to this year with the really weak draft and FA class. This management group will not tank and want to build a culture that is attractive IE Toronto and Miami. I don’t want them to force a move just to blow it up. Wait for the right offers.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#25 » by j-ragg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:54 pm

zaymon wrote:I am kind of suprised of the reception. I absolutly love MCW and am glad he wanted to stay with us. With the limited assets that we had we signed four 6'6 guys who have very different skill sets. Aside from trades that will or wont happen i couldnt ask for more. We had very little to spend and the free agent class is not the best speaking lightly.

We had very little to spend and we spent... very little.

Couldn't ask for more? What in the world... MCW, Canadian guy no one has heard of, Dwayne Bacon, and maybe Gary Clark if we keep our fingers crossed.

Limited assets lol these GMs you worship keep providing us with the limited assets I feel like I'm taking crazy pills these last 4 years.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Post#26 » by Howard Mass » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:54 pm

I'm glad MCW is coming back. I'd like to know the terms of the deal in terms of money.

This also pretty much ends DJ Augustin's time here but that was expected especially with the arrival of Cole Anthony.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#27 » by j-ragg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:55 pm

:lol: :lol:

they're just being patient guys! Credit to them for not making a move
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#28 » by The Effect » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:00 pm

j-ragg wrote:
zaymon wrote:I am kind of suprised of the reception. I absolutly love MCW and am glad he wanted to stay with us. With the limited assets that we had we signed four 6'6 guys who have very different skill sets. Aside from trades that will or wont happen i couldnt ask for more. We had very little to spend and the free agent class is not the best speaking lightly.

Couldn't ask for more? What in the world... MCW, Canadian guy no one has heard of, Dwayne Bacon, and maybe Gary Clark if we keep our fingers crossed.

Limited assets lol these GMs you worship keep providing us with the limited assets I feel like I'm taking crazy pills these last 4 years.

If you guys don't see the plan, you're all crazy

I mean you take a 38 win team, subtract isaac, add in Cole, chuma, and bacon, and that's clearly a championship contending team! :lol:
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#29 » by OrlandoMagic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Just so you all know if I was GM I’d trade every single player. I wouldn’t give a f**k
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#30 » by tiderulz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:04 pm

cedric76 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Awesome, i love what we r building

Gordon could easily be traded for an Expiring + assets at trade deadline if we need cap for summer 2021

Great job weham

green font?

Black font

can you tell me what we are building? because i have no idea.
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#31 » by j-ragg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:06 pm

tiderulz wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:green font?

Black font

can you tell me what we are building? because i have no idea.

I dunno if you've seen Cedric's multiple comments for months that we will have a ton of cap space next summer (we won't) and that is when we'll make our splash.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#32 » by zaymon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:09 pm

The Effect wrote:
j-ragg wrote:

I mean you take a 38 win team, subtract isaac, add in Cole, chuma, and bacon, and that's clearly a championship contending team! :lol:

OKC which everyone seems to love right now was commited to mediocrity since Durant left until PG made the decision for Presti and demanded a trade. 4 years of mediocrity under Westbrook without any young talent.
We just made playoffs for the second time, with injury ravaged team, with above average young core. This year we added two more promising young players. We can always go OKC route and trade all our veterans. Its the easiest way, everyone on this board could do it. If someone wants to lose more next year that was not the best offseason, but in my eyes we got a little better.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#33 » by j-ragg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 pm

zaymon wrote:
The Effect wrote:
j-ragg wrote:We had very little to spend and we spent... very little.

OKC which everyone seems to love right now was commited to mediocrity since Durant left until PG made the decision for Presti and demanded a trade. 4 years of mediocrity under Westbrook without any young talent.
We just made playoffs for the second time, with injury ravaged team, with above average young core. This year we added two more promising young players. We can always go OKC route and trade all our veterans. Its the easiest way, everyone on this board could do it. If someone wants to lose more next year that was not the best offseason, but in my eyes we got a little better.

That is quite the stretch to compare where we are to OKC who had an MVP on their team.

OKC now is doing it the easiest way :lol: :lol: jesus christ. Orlando GMs clock in for an hour per season to pick their 15th and make their 2nd rounder trade. You give Orlando all the credit in the world for signing Dwayne **** Bacon to a deal but OKC getting 13 first round picks.... eh too easy.

LORD THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING ME A THUNDER FAN OUR 38 GAMES WON WILL BE AMAZING COMPARED TO THEIR 33
BlueBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 683

Post#34 » by BlueBalls » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Is this real life?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#35 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 pm

BlueBalls wrote:Is this real life?
Best username for today, lol
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#36 » by GelbeWand09 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:02 pm

Was one of my favorite Magic players to watch last season tbh. But hope he plays alot @ the 2 & 3 again, to give Cole enough playing time.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#37 » by The Effect » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:05 pm

j-ragg wrote:
zaymon wrote:
The Effect wrote:

That is quite the stretch to compare where we are to OKC who had an MVP on their team.

OKC now is doing it the easiest way :lol: :lol: jesus christ. Orlando GMs clock in for an hour per season to pick their 15th and make their 2nd rounder trade. You give Orlando all the credit in the world for signing Dwayne **** Bacon to a deal but OKC getting 13 first round picks.... eh too easy.

LORD THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING ME A THUNDER FAN OUR 38 GAMES WON WILL BE AMAZING COMPARED TO THEIR 33

yeah man, any idiot can collect 19 1st round picks over the next 5 years, but like you said, it takes REAL SKILL to bring back the same team every year and add a rookie!

Atleast going into next years playoffs, we can all laugh at OKC and their 10 wins while bragging about our 35 wins. Sure we'll both miss the playoffs and they will likely end up with the #1 pick, but atleast we will have the joy of winning more meaningless games than them!!
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#38 » by orlando_joe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:14 pm

The Effect wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
zaymon wrote:

yeah man, any idiot can collect 19 1st round picks over the next 5 years, but like you said, it takes REAL SKILL to bring back the same team every year and add a rookie!

Atleast going into next years playoffs, we can all laugh at OKC and their 10 wins while bragging about our 35 wins. Sure we'll both miss the playoffs and they will likely end up with the #1 pick, but atleast we will have the joy of winning more meaningless games than them!!

or okc could have worst record drop to 5 and pick a guy like mario
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,913

Post#39 » by MagicMatic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Glad we resigned MCW.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#40 » by Skin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:21 pm

mrtcsm wrote:Something has to change. I can't imagine we will run it again like this.

How soon can Evan be traded after opting in?

Any chance we still move Aaron?

Nothing is gonna change. This is the sad reality for Magic fans. We need a new GM for that to happen.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!

Return to Orlando Magic