ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors favorites to re-sign FVV, expected to receive a Brogdon contract

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: Raptors favorites to re-sign FVV, expected to receive a Brogdon contract 

Post#241 » by RaptorsNorth » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:16 pm

prelude00 wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:Fred and Ibaka are starting to piss me off. Those guys know if they’re going or staying already. All they’re doing is f...... up our chances of signing anybody if they leave after all assets are gone.

They're not messing up our chances of singing anyone. We haven't signed anyone because our management team - one of the best in the league over the last six years - feels strongly about their chances of re-signing those players.

Those guys have been nothing but transparent and loyal to this franchise and fanbase since they landed here. They're not playing hard-to-get to hurt the Toronto Raptors.
Yeah - I think the fact that we haven't heard any rumors regarding those two since FA period started is a good sign. Either the raps are going to announce the signings tomorrow or they're working on sign and trades.

Raps front office has always kept everything in house. Leaks are VERY rare from this franchise. If there were any inkling of FVV and Serge going elsewhere, surely another team would have managed to leak the info by now. I think FVV is coming back and Serge is more likely to be involved in a S&T.

Just my two cents. I could be totally off too lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
it’s not just about Fred and ibaka resigning. We have other holes on this team even if they resign.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,267

Post#242 » by mrdressup » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:27 pm

prelude00 wrote:
mrdressup wrote:Dragging your feet ultimately hurts the team because it lacks the certainty to commit elsewhere. Fred dragging it out helps Fred to get the most money from where he's happy staying. It's going to cost us, and he knows Masai is not about letting assets walk out the door. Prepare to be disappointed that we are keeping Fred for more than you are comfortable with. It's just a business.
We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Fred might have already verbally agreed to re-sign with the raps. You have to remember, news from the Raptors never comes out until it's official official.

In which case he could pull out a Masai move and not stay true to his word on the grounds that he got an offer he couldn't resist. Bottom line is he scheduled meetings today and that means we don't know for sure until that's happened. That's already enough time for most of the other deals to have shaken out. I'm sure Fred knows where he stands with us. We don't know what Fred will be offered. He's putting himself in a situation where some eager party might make a big offer. I'm sure he' ll give us every chance to match it. Meanwhile, it affects all other things we might be doing.
prelude00
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#243 » by prelude00 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:58 pm

mrdressup wrote:
prelude00 wrote:
mrdressup wrote:Dragging your feet ultimately hurts the team because it lacks the certainty to commit elsewhere. Fred dragging it out helps Fred to get the most money from where he's happy staying. It's going to cost us, and he knows Masai is not about letting assets walk out the door. Prepare to be disappointed that we are keeping Fred for more than you are comfortable with. It's just a business.
We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Fred might have already verbally agreed to re-sign with the raps. You have to remember, news from the Raptors never comes out until it's official official.

In which case he could pull out a Masai move and not stay true to his word on the grounds that he got an offer he couldn't resist. Bottom line is he scheduled meetings today and that means we don't know for sure until that's happened. That's already enough time for most of the other deals to have shaken out. I'm sure Fred knows where he stands with us. We don't know what Fred will be offered. He's putting himself in a situation where some eager party might make a big offer. I'm sure he' ll give us every chance to match it. Meanwhile, it affects all other things we might be doing.
Looks like we got our answer lol

Return to Toronto Raptors