Let's start the rebuild!

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Re: Let's start the rebuild! 

Post#501 » by BJK1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Read on Twitter

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this, so putting this here. Looks like the Pistons have rolled out a line with logos featuring “313” and “Detroit Up / D-Up”. Here’s a question, why has Jalen Rose become a brand ambassador for the Pistons? I know he’s from Detroit, but he never actually played for the Pistons. In fact, he spent most of his career playing for divisional competitors. There wasn’t an actual former Piston player available?
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,227

Post#502 » by thesack12 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:17 pm

BJK1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this, so putting this here. Looks like the Pistons have rolled out a line with logos featuring “313” and “Detroit Up / D-Up”. Here’s a question, why has Jalen Rose become a brand ambassador for the Pistons? I know he’s from Detroit, but he never actually played for the Pistons. In fact, he spent most of his career playing for divisional competitors. There wasn’t an actual former Piston player available?

I Like it!

As you said Jalen is a Detroit native, very possible he grew up a big Pistons fan. His basketball roots also run deep into the lore of basketball in Michigan, with being a Wolverine and a huge part of probably the most famous college basketball team ever (Fab 5). IMO, The video was more about the city culture than the actual team. I don't think he's a bad fit.
BJK1
Senior

Post#503 » by BJK1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:58 pm

thesack12 wrote:
BJK1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I Like it!

As you said Jalen is a Detroit native, very possible he grew up a big Pistons fan. His basketball roots also run deep into the lore of basketball in Michigan, with being a Wolverine and a huge part of probably the most famous college basketball team ever (Fab 5). IMO, The video was more about the city culture than the actual team. I don't think he's a bad fit.

Totally get his Detroit background. I also get that he’s got a big media presence via ESPN, which helps to promote the brand. But I’m sure there are other young, famous people (musicians?) from the Detroit area who grew up as Pistons fans. Perhaps one of them could have been approached to be a brand ambassador over a former NBA player who never actually played for the team? Just seems a little weird to me, but I’m sure I’m just nitpicking.

I do like the new line.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#504 » by 440BB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:30 am

Jalen's dad was a Piston - Jimmy Walker. He's a legacy!
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#505 » by coordinator0 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Four players left from last year's team. Griffin, Rose, Sekou, and Svi.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#506 » by Liqourish » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:43 pm

coordinator0 wrote:Four players left from last year's team. Griffin, Rose, Sekou, and Svi.

I think Sekou might be the only one left from that group in two years. Alot of changes coming.

PG: Killian Hayes
SG:
SF: Saddiq Bey
PF: Sekou Doumbouya
C: Isaiah Stewart
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#507 » by Liqourish » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:45 pm

BJK1 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
BJK1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I Like it!

Totally get his Detroit background. I also get that he’s got a big media presence via ESPN, which helps to promote the brand. But I’m sure there are other young, famous people (musicians?) from the Detroit area who grew up as Pistons fans. Perhaps one of them could have been approached to be a brand ambassador over a former NBA player who never actually played for the team? Just seems a little weird to me, but I’m sure I’m just nitpicking.

I do like the new line.

Jalen might not have played for the Pistons, but his father did. He grew up a Pistons fan. He is a Detroiter and a Fab 5 Michigan player. He has always been an ambassador and defender of Detroit and Detroit Basketball. He can rep me all day, every day.
BJK1
Senior

Post#508 » by BJK1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Liqourish wrote:
BJK1 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
I Like it!

I do like the new line.

Jalen might not have played for the Pistons, but his father did. He grew up a Pistons fan. He is a Detroiter and a Fab 5 Michigan player. He has always been an ambassador and defender of Detroit and Detroit Basketball. He can rep me all day, every day.

Fair enough.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#509 » by remi_222 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:08 pm

;t=28s

that is the rebuild
BJK1
Senior

Post#510 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Rookie numbers. Stewart has worn 33 since high school in homage to his favorite player, Patrick Ewing. That number isn’t retired in Detroit (to my knowledge). Or are they planning to retire it at some point for Grant Hill?

Return to Detroit Pistons