ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

raptoradical
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#141 » by raptoradical » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:46 pm

Considering he could've gotten more else where first off says how loyal he is, but also second he might be making room for Ibaka.
Inevitable wrote:Magic Johnson meets Kawhi meets Giannis.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#142 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm

I think he’s a replaceable player, and at that price tag I need a true solidified starter and he’s really not that. He’s still inefficient, and given his size, I don’t see that ceiling getting any higher.

He also gets exposed every time in the playoffs and his hero ball nonsense was unbearable during the Celtics series.

He needs to step up big time, I’m just not a fan of FVV but Terrence Davis blew any chance he had of taking his role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Clutch0z24
RaptorHusky
Veteran
And1: 4,876

Post#143 » by RaptorHusky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:I think he’s a replaceable player, and at that price tag I need a true solidified starter and he’s really not that. He’s still inefficient, and given his size, I don’t see that ceiling getting any higher.

He also gets exposed every time in the playoffs and his hero ball nonsense was unbearable during the Celtics series.

He needs to step up big time, I’m just not a fan of FVV but Terrence Davis blew any chance he had of taking his role.

canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,256

Post#144 » by canada_dry » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Fred van vleet numbers running the point primarily during the stretch lowry missed time to injury:

21 ppg
7.5 apg
4 rpg
2.5 stl

44%fg
40% from 3.

11 game sample size

Team record: 9-2 including wins against the lakers, blazers, sixers, and jazz.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#145 » by douggood » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:58 pm

canada_dry wrote:Fred van vleet numbers running the point primarily during the stretch lowry missed time to injury:

21 ppg
7.5 apg
4 rpg
2.5 stl

44%fg
40% from 3.

11 game sample size

Team record: 9-2 including wins against the lakers, blazers, sixers, and jazz.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

people complaining about his short size, getting stopped by big guards, more than half the time he is play SG, factor that into the thinking/stats.
DonDoolie
Veteran
And1: 3,705

Post#146 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:05 pm

nikster wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
RaptorNews wrote:
They can easily trade that, calm down

Nah this is a bad contract you don't sign contracts like this hoping you can trade it later. 21 million for this overrated chucker is a joke. Same people in here saying its a fair deal will be crying by mid season. But leave it to raptors fans to overrate the hell out of mediocre players

Nah, the only people that are gonna be crying about this midseason are the same ones crying about it now. If there's one unfortunate fact about this board, is that posters like you will never quit crying

Nah the problem with realgm is we have posters like you who are extreme homers and think every player on the team is a star or worthy of a massive overpay.
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#147 » by pr0gr4m » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:05 pm

It's a good and most importantly very tradeable contract.

I would have liked to see him go to NY and completely bomb. For Toronto's benefit it would show future RFAs that the grass isn't greener.

This is great for continuity but I want him dealt once the new signing-trading restriction is over. I see him underperforming this year with a new contract.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,007

Post#148 » by raptor jesus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:I think he’s a replaceable player, and at that price tag I need a true solidified starter and he’s really not that. He’s still inefficient, and given his size, I don’t see that ceiling getting any higher.

I know it was over a year ago now, but do you not recall the Raptors winning a title, and Mr. Vanvleet contributing to that achievement in a major way?
DonDoolie
Veteran

Post#149 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 pm

realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
KINGTHANOS wrote:
Oh shut up... Fred will provide surplus value over this contract with his defense and shooting alone, even if he doesn't improve his finishing or pick and roll passing

You keep thinking that but I dont want to see you crying half way through the season about his contract.

Looks like you're doing enough crying for the rest of us.

This is a good deal, we gave him what other players at his level are getting. Considering Jeremi Grant $20 mill a year we did very well.

So because another team overpaid a role player the raptors should do the same? What kind of backwards BS logic are you using ? I swear some of you don't even think before posting.
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
DonDoolie
Veteran

Post#150 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:09 pm

raptor jesus wrote:

I know it was over a year ago now, but do you not recall the Raptors winning a title, and Mr. Vanvleet contributing to that achievement in a major way?

While he was the 4th or 5th option and being paid his worth. Hiding behind kawhi lowry and pascal. Need flash buddy we dont have kawhi and lowry is getting older. Some of you need to let go of the past.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#151 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:10 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

You keep thinking that but I dont want to see you crying half way through the season about his contract.

This is a good deal, we gave him what other players at his level are getting. Considering Jeremi Grant $20 mill a year we did very well.

So because another team overpaid a role player the raptors should do the same? What kind of backwards BS logic are you using ? I swear some of you don't even think before posting.
Raps still preserve a max slot for next year and his contract isn't crazy so it's tradable in the future. What exactly is the problem? You'd rather lose an asset for nothing?
tdot_steel
Senior
And1: 644

Post#152 » by tdot_steel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:12 pm

To put it in perspective De'Aron Fox signed for 5 yrs @ 163 million. He isn't worth almost 2x FVV.
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,705

Post#153 » by Kurtz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Ya'll are spending way too much time arguing with troll Doolie.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#154 » by Mikistan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Didn't realize this was the Don doolie thread.

Grand opening
Grand closing
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,007

Post#155 » by raptor jesus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:16 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

While he was the 4th or 5th option and being paid his worth. Hiding behind kawhi lowry and pascal. Need flash buddy we dont have kawhi and lowry is getting older. Some of you need to let go of the past.

I would assert that some of you need to update your contract assessments to match the realities of the modern NBA cap situation. It's not 2011 - FVV isn't being compensated like a superstar with this contract. This type of money is the reality for high level role players these days, and FVV is certainly that.
DonDoolie
Veteran

Post#156 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:23 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:

Raps still preserve a max slot for next year and his contract isn't crazy so it's tradable in the future. What exactly is the problem? You'd rather lose an asset for nothing?

Sign and trade or let him walk. You don't overpay and hope to trade in the future. God forbid he gets injured or lowers his value then youre stuck with this trash bag for 3-4 years
DonDoolie
Veteran

Post#157 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:24 pm

raptor jesus wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

I would assert that some of you need to update your contract assessments to match the realities of the modern NBA cap situation. It's not 2011 - FVV isn't being compensated like a superstar with this contract. This type of money is the reality for high level role players these days, and FVV is certainly that.

Overpay is an overpay. We got a mediocre guard who was made by our system for 21 million. He wouldn't be half as good on another team and is easily replaceable in our system.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,524

Post#158 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:24 pm

I'm not a huge fan but respect FVV for his loyalty to the team. He could've gotten more elsewhere but decided to take less and try to win with us.
DonDoolie
Veteran

Post#159 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:25 pm

Mikistan wrote:Didn't realize this was the Don doolie thread.

Grand opening
Grand closing

Atleast im talking about the team or players what are you doing exactly? Targeting posters for having an opinion? Stfu

Evading language filter. Warned.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,921

Post#160 » by JN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:27 pm

His has a .553 TS%. That's not really inefficient.
Could it be better. Sure. But it's better than Jrue Holiday for example.

Return to Toronto Raptors