ImageImageImage

Pistons were in conversation for FVV, switched to Grant when FVV went over $20 million per.

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Pistons were in conversation for FVV, switched to Grant when FVV went over $20 million per. 

Post#1 » by bstein14 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Very interesting that the Pistons were in the conversation with FVV last night. Toronto went up over $20 million per season and Detroit reportedly then shifted its focus to Grant.

Most people here would have much preferred FVV at $22 million per year, as he can shoot the three, defend, and scores 18+ PPG.
Grant at $20 million per year is a bit tougher to justify.

Both players do a lot of the little things needed to win and are part of the "culture shift" that Weaver is looking for.

I'm sure people here would have been bummed either way as most people seem to think Hayes is splitting minutes with Rose at PG to start the year if we signed FVV it might have been even harder for Hayes to get minutes.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Re: Pistons were in conversation for FVV, switched to Grant when FVV went over $20 million per. 

Post#2 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 pm

bstein14 wrote:Very interesting that the Pistons were in the conversation with FVV last night. Toronto went up over $20 million per season and Detroit reportedly then shifted its focus to Grant.

Most people here would have much preferred FVV at $22 million per year, as he can shoot the three, defend, and scores 18+ PPG.

Both players do a lot of the little things needed to win and are part of the "culture shift" that Weaver is looking for.

I'm sure people here would have been bummed either way as most people seem to think Hayes is splitting minutes with Rose at PG to start the year if we signed FVV it might have been even harder for Hayes to get minutes.

Glad they didn’t outbid them. We’d just drafted Hayes and 4 years of FVV would make zero sense. Although it would fall in line with this insanely bad offseason.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Re: Pistons were in conversation for FVV, switched to Grant when FVV went over $20 million per. 

Post#3 » by thesack12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Ummm yeah, Weaver wasn't interested in rebuilding
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#4 » by 440BB » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm

That's ironic. If we had signed FVV we would more likely become a ninth seed than a lottery team.

Maybe the stars aligned in our favor, rebuilding in spite of ourselves lol.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,777

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:02 pm

bstein14 wrote:Very interesting that the Pistons were in the conversation with FVV last night. Toronto went up over $20 million per season and Detroit reportedly then shifted its focus to Grant.

I'm sure it would have taken a substantial outbid relative to what he got in Toronto to lure him to Detroit, so I'm fine that we didn't pay that.

And yeah, this isn't a rebuild. That was already apparent with the moves we made last night.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,732

Post#6 » by zeebneeb » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:11 pm

Yeah, now I'm pissed. You just drafted the best PG in the draft and were going to bury him behind Fred?

If Hayes, who has played professionally for 3 years already, doesn't start on this team, Casey needs to be fired immediately.

Starting lineup;

Hayes
Svi
Sekou
Bey
Stewart

This is a dumpster fire team and not playing your high draft picks would be idiotic.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,777

Post#7 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:15 pm

zeebneeb wrote:Yeah, now I'm pissed. You just drafted the best PG in the draft and were going to bury him behind Fred?

If Hayes, who has played professionally for 3 years already, doesn't start on this team, Casey needs to be fired immediately.

Starting lineup;

Hayes
Svi
Sekou
Bey
Stewart

This is a dumpster fire team and not playing your high draft picks would be idiotic.

To be fair, Hayes is a big guard and FVV starts alongside Kyle Lowry- I don't think there's any question they could have played together.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#8 » by Canadafan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:59 pm

zeebneeb wrote:Yeah, now I'm pissed. You just drafted the best PG in the draft and were going to bury him behind Fred?

Starting lineup;

Hayes
Svi
Sekou
Bey
Stewart

Looking at this from my ridiculously Rose colored glasses as I'm prone to do, I think I could see

Starters;

Hayes
SVI
Sekou
Grant
Plumlee

With Bench;

Rose
Delon
Bey
Stewart
Okafor

Rose, Delon, Plumlee , Grant are all great vets that wont impede the youngsters. Theyll show the youngins the ropes and set the tone for the way things are supposed to go around here. Cant just let the kids run the show off the get go.

Still moves coming with announcements of S+T of Wood and whatever else ol rainman Weaver has going on lmao. Hes crunching numbers right now. That little genius GM of ours :lol:

Blake hopefully gets dealt thru all this madness as well
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#9 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Hahah, we could get in on the John Wall trade. Things can always get worse!

Wall makes 41 million. Blake is like 36.5 million this year, 39 next.

Things could always get worse my friends!
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#10 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Canadafan wrote:

Starting lineup;

Hayes
Svi
Sekou
Bey
Stewart

Looking at this from my ridiculously Rose colored glasses as I'm prone to do, I think I could see

Starters;

Hayes
SVI
Sekou
Grant
Plumlee

With Bench;

Rose
Delon
Bey
Stewart
Okafor

Rose, Delon, Plumlee , Grant are all great vets that wont impede the youngsters. Theyll show the youngins the ropes and set the tone for the way things are supposed to go around here. Cant just let the kids run the show off the get go.

Still moves coming with announcements of S+T of Wood and whatever else ol rainman Weaver has going on lmao. Hes crunching numbers right now. That little genius GM of ours :lol:

Blake hopefully gets dealt thru all this madness as well

Starters;

Hayes
SVI
Sekou
Grant
Plumlee

Its a weird unit but could work!

Does it have enough shooting to keep the defense honest? If Hayes shoots like he did in the German league, its ok I think.

1-4 could shoot the 3pters. Plumlee can pass some.

Sekou would really need to step it up. Hes had almost a year to prepare for this party. Hopefully he comes suited up!

Return to Detroit Pistons